3Delight settings with SDK

cwgantcwgant Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Daz SDK Developer Discussion

Hello,

Anyone have any experience getting to the render settings in 3Delight, specifically related to the render to RIB settings using the SDK?

I can get to the DzPane (DzRenderSettingsPane) just fine, but don't know how to iterate thru the controls/options.
I can get to the DzRenderOptions just fine, but the Render to RIB settings are not available.

I have seen numerous examples on how this is done in script, but would rather keep it in the C++(Qt) environment if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Comments

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

While DzRenderer and DzRenderOptions provide general access to a renderer and options through the SDK, specific access to a particular renderer and its specific options is not. The 3Delight renderer is provided by a plugin, and like most plugins is not part of the SDK.

A few settings, however, are indirectly exposed to plugin/script... through DzAppSettings (or DzSettingsHelper in script). The sample script I posted on the Documentation Center does it the same way a plugin could. These settings were originally [quietly] exposed to script, like this, before they appeared in the interface several versions later.

-Rob

• cwgantcwgant Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rob!

I thought that may be the case. I thought I would ask anyway... as I always do. I have a good work-around and my new project is nearing completion.

Thanks again for the timely reply. I know how busy things can get. :-)