Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 35
edited September 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30!

Highlights:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Previous Public Build (Beta) Threads:

• 4.15.0.30 (September 2, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.29 (August 31, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.28 (August 27, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.26 (August 19, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.25 (August 17, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.14 (March 18, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.13 (February 24, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.12 (February 19, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.9 (February 11, 2021)
  • 4.15.0.2 (January 7, 2021)
  • 4.14.1.28 (December 15, 2020)
  • 4.14.1.22 (December 4, 2020)
  • 4.14.0.10 (November 24, 2020)
  • 4.12.2.60 (October 23, 2020)
    • 4.12.2.54 (October 16, 2020)
    • 4.12.2.51 (October 13, 2020)
    • 4.12.2.6 (May 12, 2020)

General Release Threads:

• 4.15.0.30 (September 2, 2021)
    • 4.15.0.2 (January 7, 2021)
  • 4.14.0.10 (December 2, 2020)
    • 4.14.0.8 (November 10, 2020)
Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

OK - so now I'm confused. My DIM has both the Public Build (Beta) and the GR, both appear to be 4.14. What's the difference between the GR and the Beta?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

What changed between 4.12.2.60 anf 4.14.0.8? The change log has nothing.

So, thinking about it, I guess there is a Beta for those who want to try it before upgrading the General Release?

• no__nameno__name Posts: 88
    edited December 2020

Iray section plane still crashes Iray - Not fixed : (fixed)

2020-11-11 02:42:07.784 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.12  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:947)2020-11-11 02:42:07.784 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.12  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Failed to launch renderer2020-11-11 02:42:07.784 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Device failed while rendering2020-11-11 02:42:07.784 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.2020-11-11 02:42:07.800 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed.

Post edited by no__name on
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 741
    edited November 2020
    marble said:

So, thinking about it, I guess there is a Beta for those who want to try it before upgrading the General Release?

They are both 4.10.0.8, the package dates are just 35 seconds apart.  I can't use DIM to reliably download anything this large so I'll just manually download the general and wait for a real beta.

Nope, can't do that; the package file URL is obfuscated.  Duh.  I don't get this - why stop us downloading a *free* package manually, using a program that actually works on flakey internet connections...

Post edited by jbowler on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Looks like 4.12.2.60 was rolled into 4.14

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_14_0_8

• What does this mean?

"Update to dForce 1.3.0.1

• Updates plugin revision to reflect SDK revision

• Updates access to Publishing Partner functionality"

• Haha thanks for new splash screen.  New Range of characters seems more inclusive & appealing.  Nice job!! :)  Minor thing, i know,  but now can smile more again every time open a new DS session. lol

barbult said:

Short answer appears to be a new version of Nvidia Iray.  Not in change log but in highlights.  Rob got all kind of updates posted this time right away!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449356/daz-studio-pro-4-14-highlights#latest

NewSplash.JPG
    634 x 480 - 58K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Does anyone know if the NVIDIA Driver 451.48 that is recommended for the new studio version will work with my GeForce 970 video card which I use to run my monitors?  My other GPU is RTX 2060 Super 8GB

• Seems the problem with Daz not closing properly is now also in the official release, It is still in the task manager even after quitting, This also means that it will not save settings made,,, this needs to be fixed!

• Seems like you cant even download it, everytime I hit that magical download button it takes me to my product library without it being there.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited November 2020
    siggez said:

Seems the problem with Daz not closing properly is now also in the official release, It is still in the task manager even after quitting, This also means that it will not save settings made,,, this needs to be fixed!

??  That issue has been around for a long time. 

That said, first thing after installing this Beta, clicked exit program and it instantly cleared out of task manager.  No delay.  If have bunch of stuff in scenes it will take time to clear out.  More stuff - the longer.  Force-closing it (though not officially recommended) still holds changes like filament vs iray preview vs texture shaded and several other settings.  Or it does on my PC setup.

If you are having issues for saving DS settings a workaround you could make make changes with an empty scene in background so no real amount of memory is used.  Should close ASAP.

JRC1334 said:

Seems like you cant even download it, everytime I hit that magical download button it takes me to my product library without it being there.

For comparison, my DIM DL & install was smooth and normal.  Try DIM.  And if you are trying with DIM, then you may want to check the thread in the commons for store issues.  There's chat this evening about DIM DL's being an issue for some people still unfortunately. 

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Thanks. I see info that wasn't there before.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    marble said:

Yes, you can download & install the matching Public Beta 1st is you have big doubts.

• bigtastybigtasty Posts: 7
    edited November 2020

Is there a reason why post denoiser isn't available during a render, even it's selected 'available' in the render settings?

Post edited by bigtasty on
  • And to add to the above, nothing that I change in the render settings during an iray render has any effect. Anyone else getting this issue?

• I wrote earlier here on the forum, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6139332/#Comment_6139332

wrote in support. I was waiting for the new version to be released, but the Iray Plain Node was never fixed. Shame on you, Daz. 

• Hi all, I have just updated to 4.14 (MacBook Pro 2015, downloaded the 64-bit version), but I can't seem to find the filament preview anywhrere... where is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi all, I have just updated to 4.14 (MacBook Pro 2015, downloaded the 64-bit version), but I can't seem to find the filament preview anywhrere... where is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows only at the moment.

• whats with the filament render addition? I dont understand its advantage - is it for a quick physcial render preview? 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 741
    siggez said:

Seems the problem with Daz not closing properly is now also in the official release, It is still in the task manager even after quitting, This also means that it will not save settings made,,, this needs to be fixed!

??  That issue has been around for a long time. 

That said, first thing after installing this Beta, clicked exit program and it instantly cleared out of task manager.  No delay.  If have bunch of stuff in scenes it will take time to clear out.  More stuff - the longer.  Force-closing it (though not officially recommended) still holds changes like filament vs iray preview vs texture shaded and several other settings.  Or it does on my PC setup.

There are two exit problems, the first is that Daz takes a long time to close down after loading moderately complex scenes.  It does still close and the W10 task manager will show a single process running full speed (maybe a busy wait loop?)  Daz does, eventually, close down.  I don't have any idea what is causing the delay.

The second, the new problem, is that Daz never exits, or at least not for "many hours"; I let it sit there for 12 on one occasion.  Supposedly a timeout was adjusted to cause an exit after 3 minutes in one specific instance of this bug but that doesn't work for me.  Now we have 4.14.0.8 in both general release and public beta I can confirm that this isn't a bug inside the .exe because I can still repro the problem in beta release and I can still see that the general release exits pretty much instantly.  The characteristic of this bug is that it happens if I just open Daz, wait for the Daz Connect stuff to complete (it happens every time for me because there are three broken .json files on the server for the products I own), then exit (via the close button).  The W10 task manager shows the beta executable still present but with pretty much 0% CPU activity; the .exe checks something every few seconds but that is all.  The Qt main loop appears not to have exited.

Since I now have the same .exe exiting in one case and not the other I should be able to track the problem down; it pretty much has to be a plug-ini (but not Octane in my case) which is failing to exit after the relevant (app close down, AppExit) signal.

• amandainjapanamandainjapan Posts: 71
    edited November 2020

I am also having the  "never exiting, ever, just sitting there on exacty the same active private working memory amount and CPU usage" bug, but this is new for me in this beta.

Post edited by amandainjapan on
    marble said:

Yes, you can download & install the matching Public Beta 1st is you have big doubts.

Actually I'm using the 4.12 beta as my regular version so I might keep that in reserve and install the 4.14 GR. But the problem is that I won't be able to revert to the 4.12 Beta and keep my 4.12 version plugins because the new install overwrites all the plugins I think.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    marble said:
    marble said:

Actually I'm using the 4.12 beta as my regular version so I might keep that in reserve and install the 4.14 GR. But the problem is that I won't be able to revert to the 4.12 Beta and keep my 4.12 version plugins because the new install overwrites all the plugins I think.

The beta and general release have separate plugins, so only update the plugins for the general release.

marble said:
    marble said:

The beta and general release have separate plugins, so only update the plugins for the general release.

Ah, I thought that the GR and Beta shared the plugins. Thanks, I'm going to install the 4.14 GR then.

• I wrote earlier here on the forum, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6139332/#Comment_6139332

wrote in support. I was waiting for the new version to be released, but the Iray Plain Node was never fixed. Shame on you, Daz. 

Your duplicate posts have been removed.

An Iray render crash is almost certainly going to requier a fix from nVidia, not Daz. For that to happen they need a basic set of steps to trigger the crash - Daz QA has not been able to get the crash to happen, and therefore has nothing to pass to nVidia. If you can give simple steps that reliably trigger the crash, or a scene file that causes the crash on load and render, then please make sure support has those details.

• What does this mean?

"Update to dForce 1.3.0.1

• Updates plugin revision to reflect SDK revision

• Updates access to Publishing Partner functionality"

Well, the second means nothing to those of us who are not PAs. I believe the former is about making the version number of the plug-in match (in the final 2 digits) the current (not minimum) SDK version number so that it is easier to see that they are compatible.

Your duplicate posts have been removed.

An Iray render crash is almost certainly going to requier a fix from nVidia, not Daz. For that to happen they need a basic set of steps to trigger the crash - Daz QA has not been able to get the crash to happen, and therefore has nothing to pass to nVidia. If you can give simple steps that reliably trigger the crash, or a scene file that causes the crash on load and render, then please make sure support has those details.

In case it could be useful (and I hope it will be, it's really a big problem for those of us who use Iray planes), here are the simple steps to follow to reproduce the problem:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6205951/#Comment_6205951

As a curiosity, commenting that when testing the 4.12.2.60 beta to be able to use the RTX 3090, everything seemed to work fine, I was able to render 159 frames of an animation at night (from a total of 420); but from there on I've had that problem.
    To clear up any doubt that some change in the system could have caused that, today I've done the test with a clean installation of W10, just installing the latest Nvidia driver, Daz 4.14, and the essential G8 pack... the result is the same, it still gives the same error :-/

• Can someone give an example of how to set up emmisive shaders in filament ? The Iray setting for emmisives  don't seem to be working.