Cityscapes Backdrops 'Cannot Open'

Hi, bought this a while back in the sales and it would refuse to work. Uninstalled and just tried it again today with no luck. It's this pack here: https://www.daz3d.com/cityscapes-backdrops

If I try to use it in Daz, it comes back saying it cannot be opened because an error occured. Any help? :) Thank you.

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

You must have a corrupt install. It worked for me just now. Trying installing it manually.

CittyScapes.PNG
    1051 x 678 - 253K
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

CityScapse

You must have a corrupt install. It worked for me just now. Trying installing it manually.

• Came across this in a Google search as I was having the same issue. I eventually was able to do it through an install via DazCentral but it took multiple attempts, including with DIM and inside Studio. The log said something about an incorrect syntax.

2021-04-02 11:57:58.443 C:/Users/[USER]/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_29331/props/cityscapes/cs02 curved medium.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

• croll said:

Came across this in a Google search as I was having the same issue. I eventually was able to do it through an install via DazCentral but it took multiple attempts, including with DIM and inside Studio. The log said something about an incorrect syntax.

2021-04-02 11:57:58.443 C:/Users/[USER]/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_29331/props/cityscapes/cs02 curved medium.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

If you initially installed through DS itself that is most likely a file that did not decrypt after download.

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 165

Hi all. I forgot about this product but now I need to use it. It does not work despite multiple fresh installs, an updated Daz studio, and simply says the file does not exist no matter which backdrop I click.

Screenshot_48.png
    1240 x 644 - 275K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

How did you install it?  Does it work if you try from the Content Library?

I installed with DIM a long time ago and have never had trouble with it, so it sounds like an install issue.

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 165

Sevrin said:

How did you install it?  Does it work if you try from the Content Library?

I installed with DIM a long time ago and have never had trouble with it, so it sounds like an install issue.

Hi Sevrin, I have tried installing through Daz Central.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Whether DIM or Central doesn't matter if they are not configured to install to a proper library Studio knows.  Smart Content will gleefully show content that is not installed properly because it is a databased system.  As Sevrin asked can you see and load the file from Content Library pane?