Help with 3D Universe's Character Mixer

technobrownietechnobrownie Posts: 24
edited December 2020 in Product Suggestions

The short: Need help with adding morphs to randomize list, and how to mass set new defaults to current values.

Not all head/body morphs show up on the list (Marcius's Dao for example) despite showing in the same category as others. Is there a way to manually edit its info so it shows? As far as I can tell. Morphs that also have FBM or FHM do not show on the list to be randomized.

The "Reset Head/Body" checkbox is a major bane whether it is on or off. It should be separated like "Reset Head" or "Reset Body"
Having that on resets the entire figure. So if you only randomize the head, it resets the body and vice-versa.
Having that box unchecked has a compounding effect. Say I have 4 Heads selected and limit the Total Morphs to Include to 3. It is not uncommon for events to play out as so.
Round 1 (A=20, B=50, C=30); Round 2 ( C=60, D=40); Total morph values (A=20, B=50, C=60, D=40)
The only solution I have found is to manually change each affected morphs default values to there new setting once I have found something I like. This becomes annoying when I have a number of morphs randomized or if I use a pre morphed model and neglect to reset defaults to 0 before randomizing.

Edit: Found a better solution for the Head/Body resetting. Simply lock the morphs. That stops them from resetting.

Post edited by technobrownie on

Comments

• Your solution with locking morphs was a good hint.  Thank you for sharing that!!

• Alright. I found a fix for the morphs that are missing. (From what I have and can tell only Marcius models that use FBM/FHM are missing)
    1) Enable only the missing morph.
    2) Go to Parameters tab and in Currently Used.
    3) Identify the Morph that actually changes the model and click the cog wheel then select Parameter Settings.
    4) Change the Path to Actor/Head/People/Stylized or whatever it belongs to. (Head/Body) and (Stylized/Realistic)
    These changes are NOT saved when loading a new G8 model. However if you save the file and merge it into a new project, the changes to the model loaded will be remembered.

I have no idea how is code so I am completely talking out of my ass. My only guess is that the Randomizer checks for both Head/Body morph paths and certain flags being changed instead of just checking for Parameter Paths. It's probably more an error with the morphs metadata or whatever being flagged wrong than an issue with the Randomizer. This could be why even though a morph is in Actor/Full Body/People/Stylized it dosen't show because the actual morph that flags the right values are in Morphs/Morph Loader or whatever path. Or that even though a morph says HD in it, It still shows up when you disable HD morphs. This could probably also be used to swap morph checks for Realistic and Stylized ratios.