Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2021 (CLOSED)

Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,058
edited February 2022 in Art Studio

This years challenge is the year of "Textures"

Everything in our world has textures... We can Feel, Touch, and See them where ever we look.  This year let's capture them in our art!

ALL are welcome to join.  This challenge is for fun and to keep the creative juices flowing.

ENJOY!

(to view the 2013 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )
(to view the 2014 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33447/ )
(to view the 2015 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50455/ )
(to view the 2016 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68350/ )
(to view the 2017 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137066/ )
(to view the 2018 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/221616/ )
(to view the 2019 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/299501/ )
(to view the 2020 renders please visit...https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/375341/ )

There are only 2 rules…
ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month (NOTE:  If you would like to do 2 renders per month... you can also post your second one on the PFDLives Thread in my corner.... Here is the linky... http://www.pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8509.msg143126
and...
(this is only a suggestion) IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!!

p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please… THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!  ALL are welcome to join the challenge!

Here’s the list.. HAVE FUN!!!

JANUARY = Stone
FEBRUARY = Metal
MARCH = Fur
APRIL = Cloth
MAY = Wood
JUNE = Plastic
JULY = Paper
AUGUST = Glass
SEPTEMBER = Ceramic
OCTOBER = Leather
NOVEMBER = Flesh
DECEMBER = Organic

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,058

Who will start off our year of Textures?  January = Stone  Don't sit there like a lump... Render!!!  Ready.. Set... Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited January 2021

"Greyhand"

greyhand.png
    840 x 630 - 1M
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Fixmypcmike said:

"Greyhand"

Oh WOW... that's great Fixmypcmike  ... Welcome to the first monthly challenge of 2021!!!  And what a piece of artwork to start us off... Thanks for joining us.

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very Well Done Fixmypcmike and an excelent piece of art to start the year.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2021

I was on my way to my freebie contest but thought I would stop in and show off my first stone render of 2021!!

Birds Eye View.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

I bet the birds wish they pick up a few of those stones and dive bomb the felines. Very well done Saphirewild.

Saphirewild said:

I was on my way to my freebie contest but thought I would stop in and show off my first stone render of 2021!!

Oh my Saph... you KNOW I love a great piece of artwork if it has cats in it... (winks)... Well done indeed.. Oh ... yes... and the stonework is fine too... lol 

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 326
    edited January 2021

Current WIP state. Lot of stuff I haven't decided yet. Her pose looks good but not quite right. The puddle in front of the well is also not quite there yet.

Also still not sure if I want a DoF or a heavier approach of postwork.  But I want to show my idea, just to see if it works out so far.

Edit: Yikes, haven't seen the "no WIP" part. I will replace it ASAP

Edit2: The finished Image. Postwork done with RawTherapee

stone.png
    771 x 1080 - 848K
    Post edited by HighElf on

HighElf said:

Current WIP state. Lot of stuff I haven't decided yet. Her pose looks good but not quite right. The puddle in front of the well is also not quite there yet.

Also still not sure if I want a DoF or a heavier approach of postwork.  But I want to show my idea, just to see if it works out so far.

Oh HighElf ... We are not posting WIPs because the thread will get to long.  Nice what you have so far but once you get it finished please REPLACE this WIP with your FINAL artwork...  It's up in the rules above... "p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please"  THANK YOU and happy to have you join us!

Nicely done HighElf. I looked at your render full scale and it looks great to me. However, only you know what you want and when to call it complete.

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Fox Rider

Crossing the peak of the rocky pass, she pauses to consider the path down to the valley below.

Zatetic said:

Fox Rider

Crossing the peak of the rocky pass, she pauses to consider the path down to the valley below.

oh wow Zatetic ... That's awesome artwork... Thanks for joining us.  

Very well done Zatetic

edited January 2021

Enter the Dragon Lady

This may be a pile of rocks and rubble to some but to her it is home and she will defend it with all her might.

Enter the Dragon Lady.jpg
    1536 x 1344 - 685K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

Yes ma'am Dee... not a woman I wanna mess with... that's for sure ;)  Well done... Thanks for sharing!

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Thanks for kind comments. I was worried that it wouldn't match the stone theme.

Zatetic said:

Thanks for kind comments. I was worried that it wouldn't match the stone theme.

Matches perfectly... We're pretty easy here... (winks)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,148

Have At You!

Got to love the olden warriors, very brave but not to bright. Adds a new meaning to rock beats scissors or in this case sword. Very well done Gordig.

edited January 2021

Yes ... what Dee said Gordig... Couldn't have put it better myself ;)  Well done.. and thanks for sharing!

edited January 2021

Hi Gang... getting close to the end of the month... 2 more days... I know I'm late with mine but I've been thinking about it all month and finally had a chance to render it.  I've been reworking some of my old artwork... This was originally done in 2013... New lighting.. New stone material = marble... and new back ground angle.  I'm not sure how long it 'cooked'... I went to dinner... But I'm quite happy with it.  ENJOY!

"Stone Marble Statues"

STONE STATUES done SIGN.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 163K
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited January 2021

Legend has it that the statue of Perseus with the Head of Medusa carved by the famous sculptor Natturakles of Athens was so realistic that occasionally the skin of some viewers would, just for a moment, turn to stone.

(3Delight & Gimp)

Stone.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by nattaruk on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited January 2021

And a sudden idea from me .. "Rock, Paper ..."

Stone_02.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 962K
    Post edited by SimonJM on

nattaruk said:

Legend has it that the statue of Perseus with the Head of Medusa carved by the famous sculptor Natturakles of Athens was so realistic that occasionally the skin of some viewers would, just for a moment, turn to stone.

(3Delight & Gimp)

Is that true nattaruk?  Hum... That's what I like about legends... Ya never REALLY know ;)  Well done.  Thanks for sharing!

SimonJM said:

And a sudden idea from me .. "Rock, Paper ..."

Haaaaaaaaa Simon.. That made me chuckle.  Great idea!

Well done Llola Lane, marble can be a wonderful and artistic material.

nattaruk, the statue has a great way of holding the onlookers attention

Looking good SimonJM, I don't think the fairy's paper can cover such a big rock.

Hi Gang... What a great first month we had.  Wonderful art everyone...  but it is now February and we need to see what METAL artwork we can create!  Ready... Set... GOOooooo!!!

edited February 2021

Living Metal

Some call it art amd the others we don't pay attention to.

Living Metal.jpg
    1536 x 1344 - 370K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

It's art to me Dee!!!  Hey I made a rhyme... :P

Thanks for starting us off! 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

"Striking While The Iron Is Hot"

blacksmith 8.png
    800 x 600 - 839K