Postwork - Lighting and sparkles

So I have the main image done, for the most part, but now what I want to do is create a ray of light effect for her standing in the window as well as and the little sparkles or flying dust particles you seewhen the rays of light are shining. I saw a couple of Youtube videos on it, but I just figured I'd post it here first.

Would this kind of post work be done in Photoshop/Gimp? Or is there more that I should be doing in Daz to get closer to the look that I want?

Rays of light.png
899 x 569 - 650K

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,746

Dust particles can be done in post.

Godrays - if that's what you mean - can normally also be done in post, but it depends a little on what you're going for.

• So this is kind of what I'm talking about. I want there to be rays of light shining around her, but I also want people to still be able to see her. 

photo-of-boy-looking-out-a-window-with-streaks-of-light-coming-through-the-blinds-by-Amy-Shire.jpg
    1600 x 1068 - 487K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
    edited January 2021

Use a Primitive Cube in the room with Thin Walled turned on and  a Distant Light shining through the window. I did that in this image.

Click on image for full size.

zombie-sapien-copyright-001.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 624K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • arnonarnon Posts: 88
    edited January 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taK2QYkha_o

Particles and god ray with a box and refraction. Works really well.

Post edited by arnon on
  • Fishtales - Thank you for that example! I've never used the Primative Cube before, but I'll keep this in mind for when I get to that point! 

arnon - Those effects are really cool! Once I get a little moe skilled with using lighting, then I will definitely look into this!  Thanks for the reference! 

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 894

If you decide that you want to add effects in postwork, check out Deviney's store here. I use Ron's Light and Shadows a lot for lighting effects, and own many other Deviney sets. They're very useful and make postwork a lot easier. I use them in Photoshop, but I think other people have said that they work in Gimp as well.

• Quixotry - Thanks! I will definately check these out! I only just recently started working with doing post work, and I mainly use GIMP, so I'll have to do some research to see if they work with it. 

• This is a gem :-)