Big Space Station(s)

I'm in the market for a big space station. Not something like the Solaris Space Stations. No, I'm looking for something big. Like the kind of space station that would house the ships found in Polish's Space Battle Fleet Bundle. A space station akin to the Earth Spacedock from Star Trek or Babylon 5 from the series of the same name. You get the idea. Ideally, this station would be modular for easy kitbashing. But hey, I'm not all that fussy. So...any chance we could see something like that?

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited January 2021

While you're waiting for DAZ to act on your (excellent) suggestion, you might like to check out The Hub or, just possibly, Easy Snap Space Habitat or Modular Starship Kit. As they stand, the scale isn't really right for housing Polish's ships, but you might be able to make the bits look bigger than they are by judicious scaling, texturing and strategic greeble addition.

Over at Rendo, skynet3020 has some models of large space stations that might fit your needs. They tend to be quite expensive, but they do occasionally go on sale (at worst, you could wait for Rendo's next 50% off wishlist sale which will probably be in late June). You will also need to tweak the shaders a bit to get them to render nicely in Iray.

EDIT: I forgot one -- shawnaloroc's ZionStation at Renderosity isn't modular, but might be worth a look.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited January 2021

Try this site

https://www.whatever3d.com/

Searches for Deep Space 9, babylon5, star trek & space station all yielded a lot of hits. Unfortunately, quality varies any you'll have to look at them for yourself

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • I need something VERY large... :)

o-neill-space-colony-courtesy-nasa_948083.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 147K
  • ebonartgallery said:

I need something VERY large... :)

You certainly do! You need something Babylon 5 big!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited January 2021

I reckon some of our scripty PAs could whip up a DAZ version using bits of sets in the store or greebles 

Totte made this after all https://www.daz3d.com/dungeon-builder

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on