Install Failed

Greetings all,

Just so it's been said, I'm about as much of a beginner on this sort of thing as a person can get, but i hoped to reach out for some help.

I just re-installed Daz Central, and several assets that I purchased last year were obviously not installed.

I attempted to install them through the Daz Central interface, and *none* of them would install from there ... the install process would reach 93%, and then just stop, with no errors, warnings, or any other messages.

I then attempted to download the assets through the DAZ Install Manager, and most downloaded fine, but there are a handful of them that continuously state "Install Failed!", again, with no explanation or specifics regarding the failure.

The assets failing to install are:

• Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
  • Genesis 2 Starter Essentials Female
  • Genesis 2 Starter Essentials Male
  • Genesis 3 Starter Essentials Female
  • Genesis Starter Essentials
  • Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.15+ (Win 64-Bit)

Now, the last asset, Photoshop. It does try to successfully download that one, but asks me to specify an install path, and i have no idea if i'm supposed to place it somewhere specific, so DAZ can utilize it, or if i can just put it wherever. The rest though, simply state "Install Failed!" with absolutely zero specifics. 

Anyone have any idea how i might clear these issues up?

Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Now, the last asset, Photoshop. It does try to successfully download that one, but asks me to specify an install path, and i have no idea if i'm supposed to place it somewhere specific, so DAZ can utilize it, or if i can just put it wherever. The rest though, simply state "Install Failed!" with absolutely zero specifics.

That one I can answer. - It is a bridge to your existing Photshop program   You direct the Photoshop bridge towards the install path of your Copy of Photoshop. 

• ronstringfellow said:

"Install Failed!"

Me, too.

Been a few years since I felt like doing the 3D thing, so I was wanting to upgrade from DS4.9Pro to the DS4.15 with the all the dForce and Gen8 stuff  After several attempts with DIM, I got DS4.15 to install but ALL other content gives me the "Install Failed" error.  I tried the Daz Central thingamabob and my installs get to 50% and then the process ends (fails to write anything to disk) with no message.

I CAN go from product to product and manually download the .ZIP files... but wow, that's a lot of work for the amount of new product that comes with the bundle.

So I have 2 networked computers and an external HD.  DS is installed on each computer and the entire DAZ3D root folder is copied to my external HD.I synch the DAZ3D folder on each computer and the HD out of paranoia ( as I lost a TON of saved scenes when I had a hard drive die on me a long time ago.)  All my directories are currently set to read from the external HD.

So yeah, ALSO seeking help for this.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059

With DIM - click on the gear icon, top right, and select 'View Log' - scroll to the bottom. This should indicate what the problem is. For Studio and plugins you may also need to select 'View Helper Log'.

• OK, as for ME, I had a prior version of Install Manager that was apparently competing with the new version for connectivity and install folder settings.  I noticed that I had 2 desktop icons, I uninstalled both versions through the Control Panel. I installed the newest version.  I created and specified a new, clean Base directory in Basic Settings.

Seems to work like it should now yes