Secure purchase of personalized characters

I paid for a personalized g8m character, via Paypal, but I probably won't receive it. Do you know reliable artists who can make this service or platforms that make this type of personalized purchase safe?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited January 2021

danilocandidov said:

I paid for a personalized g8m character, via Paypal, but I probably won't receive it. Do you know reliable artists who can make this service or platforms that make this type of personalized purchase safe?

Depending upon how ultimately you paid for this, ideally you take the matter up with the artist and if there's no satisfaction, bring it to the attention of either PayPal or the Credit Card company or whoever and see if they can do anything about getting your money back. You don't sound certain about whether or not you will receive the character - should be able to get an answer from the artist in writing - preferably before giving them any money.

For "safe purchases" ... buy through the established stores ;-) There is Daz3D.com, and a bunch of others they would not like us listing in their forums so I won't. Some of the PAs might do special orders - and there will be special prices for them too. For the money, one can morph the existing figures into very close if not exact likenesses of many a person. Might be interested in looking over some of the available morphing kits in the store.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • onixonix Posts: 282

I doubt if PayPal or other payment company will help here because they cannot evaluate the work quality 

So the most reasonable way of doing this is just working with the artists and paying in parts, depending on the amount of work done.

If you pay in advance or by receiving a product someone will definitely be unhappy. there is practically no way to describe what you want in words and very likely you will be unhappy with the results either way.

Although like said in the post above there is no big reasn to orders such things from other people if you can just use those morph packs to design any character by yourself it is going to be easier than describing what you want

• The reference with regards to contacting PayPal or the CC company would be if one paid for goods and received nothing.