I'm shy. Be nice. These are Head Morphs. [retired]

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
edited October 2021 in Freebies

{I have retired these, working on another project for {hopefully} even better morphs}

Have made a kazillion draft morphs to rearrange out into head morphs for the various Genesis clans.

So far I have released 3 for G8M. They are over in my sharecg.com and DA account. They are not based on any real actors, etc. so yes they may be used for commercial and/or non-commercial image renders.

For this year forward I've been putting my content into folder called CEF.

I do not own Zbrush. These morphs are not great, I know that thank you. Sometimes the mouth of the figure is better left closed. The head morphs do play reasonably well with other head morphs and/or expressions. As with any, not necessarily with extremes of course.

Something I've noticed in saving out Shaping presets for these, a wild guess here, an incorrect link, because I have to keep de-selecting this MCM morph. So "in case" I ever miss one, no, you do not need any trolls installed to use my morphs.

I also discovered that the beautiful dForce Emile hair which loads with an Iray shader applied is NOT to be rendered. [not on my computer] One must switch it to a 3D mat, then it can render without crashing the program. I use D/S4.12. This situation with the Iray shader type used may or not have been corrected in more recent D/S editions. The nice thing about the 3D shader presets is that shadows can be turned off resulting in decent render times :-) And they don't crash D/S when using Iray to render. [at least not on my computer].

My DA Daz Studio Content Gallery

My sharecg.com gallery link is in my signature.

I often use Easy Portraits for lighting my promos.

Enjoy :-)

Should not be triggered.png
654 x 763 - 50K
careful with the teeth.png
700 x 700 - 364K
CH_Karl with Corporate Hair.png
700 x 700 - 365K
Easy Portraits Light set is my go-to.png
700 x 700 - 406K
CH_Fiver Portrait.png
700 x 700 - 442K
CH_Karl Portrait.png
700 x 700 - 468K
CH_Pierre Portrait.png
700 x 700 - 473K
CH_Pierre Profile.png
700 x 700 - 480K
CH_Karl Profile.png
700 x 700 - 510K
CH_Fiver Profile.png
700 x 700 - 603K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Great for toon figures. Thanks

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited January 2021

You're welcome :-)

I noticed that the images were not showing until I tried to edit the post ???

So just in case attachments go goofy again, here are all the images:

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,515

It's a good effort, Catherine. You don't need z-brush to make morphs, though. Sickleyield makes all sorts of morphs in Blender. I've got her tuts on how to do that. First rate stuff!

• Well I just decided to go and ahead and do what can be done easily with all these morphing tools I have. My reference to Zbrush was basically 'cause I know the Pros in here do have Zbrush and can do marvellous morphs and layer textures to the figures in ways other programs cannot touch {that I've seen promos of anyway}. Blender we do not discuss too much ;-) Sadly Hexagon really does not like working with the more recent releases of Genesis. It tends to be okay with Genesis 1. But 3 and 4 have very different layers of mesh or something [consider those uvmaps etc.] and Hexagon just does not play nicely with them for long. Can do a very quick minor morph maybe, but not any real work. When I morph clothing mesh [which it is good at doing] the first thing to be done is "freeze" the figure model.

I see. enlightened

edited January 2021

Here's a teaser, G8F. You can see something of what I mean by the teeth ;-) Mind you not everybody has perfect teeth and I seem to recall some cartoon characters that had things like HUGE tonsils.

CH_Gretta with some emotions.png
    700 x 700 - 354K
    edited January 2021

In Dazland, most everyone starts out with perfect teeth. She appears to have some gum recession. surprise That's a very expressive expression!

The variety in your head shapes is good, makes the characters more interesting. I think coming up with good morphs is a lot about observing structure and proportions of the face. I think some of your characters' chins might protrude more and some of them, maybe the lower lip would protrude more. It might be something to experiment with.

It sounds like Hexagon is playing tricks on you, though. That's no fun! I think that program has a problem with data corruption related to rounding errors. If you work with the model a lot, the mesh can become unusable. I've used sequential save and I've seen that happen over iterations. It's frustrating! As much as I really do like the way the program works (when it works), I'm done with it. You can easily guess where I went.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • yesyes Well done - two thumbs up!   

• ShadowBox24 said:

yesyes Well done - two thumbs up!   

Thank you :-)

CH_Gretta is live at DA and Sharecg.com 

Have no idea what she'll look like yet but the next one is CH_Janice

• Torquinox said:

In Dazland, most everyone starts out with perfect teeth. She appears to have some gum recession. surprise That's a very expressive expression!

The variety in your head shapes is good, makes the characters more interesting. I think coming up with good morphs is a lot about observing structure and proportions of the face. I think some of your characters' chins might protrude more and some of them, maybe the lower lip would protrude more. It might be something to experiment with.

It sounds like Hexagon is playing tricks on you, though. That's no fun! I think that program has a problem with data corruption related to rounding errors. If you work with the model a lot, the mesh can become unusable. I've used sequential save and I've seen that happen over iterations. It's frustrating! As much as I really do like the way the program works (when it works), I'm done with it. You can easily guess where I went.

What???!!!! Hexagon playing tricks on me lol .... hehehe ... have no idea about rounding errors but data corruption, yup. If there wasn't any, it can make some of that for you too. Esp. when adding tessellation lines. And of course if one does that when there are unwelded faces [which Hexagon unwelded but didn't think to mention] the program will crash. That tool to weld close points together is a "must use" utility to get things done. However that utility can't be used for making morphs.

Gum recession ... well there you go, somebody to put in that dentist's chair!

Thank you for the observations. Haven't mastered second guessing the morphing utilities yet. Will get though [I can dream].

edited January 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

What???!!!! Hexagon playing tricks on me lol .... hehehe ... have no idea about rounding errors but data corruption, yup. If there wasn't any, it can make some of that for you too. Esp. when adding tessellation lines. And of course if one does that when there are unwelded faces [which Hexagon unwelded but didn't think to mention] the program will crash. That tool to weld close points together is a "must use" utility to get things done. However that utility can't be used for making morphs.

Gum recession ... well there you go, somebody to put in that dentist's chair!

Thank you for the observations. Haven't mastered second guessing the morphing utilities yet. Will get though [I can dream].

Data corruption: Agreed!

Dental chair: That's pretty funny!

Cheers! You will end up making beautiful figures! =^_^=

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited January 2021

A couple more head morphs for G8F have been released :-)

CH_Janice and CH_Maggie

Everybody {except for certain bald men} looks better with hair on :-)

Maggie with a smile expression.png
    700 x 700 - 718K
    CH_Maggie Promo.png
    700 x 700 - 463K
    CH_Maggie Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 418K
    CH_Maggie Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 496K
    CH_Janice Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 418K
    CH_Janice Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 500K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Silver Dolphin said:

Great for toon figures. Thanks

I dunno. They are facial shapes I've seen around in the real world and that I would struggle to replicate in D|S, albeit a bit overly exaggerated. Depending on how well they play together with other face morphs they may a good tool to have when making "realistic", less genericly pretty characters.

edited January 2021

So far they mix fairly decently {I think} with the other morphs. Not necessary to dial them in full all the time, but as partial morphs along with the full or partial morphs of other characters one can have "brothers" for example. Here's Karl added in with some of the other characters.

Karl with Troll.png
    700 x 700 - 504K
    Karl with Raw SnowBeast.png
    700 x 700 - 472K
    Karl with Planetary Smuggler.png
    700 x 700 - 333K
    edited January 2021

Okay today I was actually trying to make one to look like somebody, failed miserably. So he looks like nobody. Facegen does not do special noses. Head Shop 13 kept saying it successfully finished the project BUT kept crashing before completing the task to transfer the morph to the figure. I don't know why. And Hexagon royally refused to morph G8M.

So here are 2 more head morphs for G8M, safe for commercial and non-commercial image renders.

CH_Al Promo.png
    1000 x 1000 - 869K
    CH_Al Profile.png
    1000 x 1000 - 981K
    CH_Alan Portrait.png
    1000 x 1000 - 899K
    CH_Alan Profile.png
    1000 x 1000 - 965K
    edited January 2021

All right :-) After HOURS of fighting with HeadShop, got it working again. Somewhere along the line of time some files had gone awol, things happen ... sigh.

Anyways it's now working again so I was able to work on a request ... character has a nose! Yes. Now it's not perfect, far from it, however with some of all those other morph pieces we've been collecting such as morphs for aging, wrinkles, etc. those interested should be able to fashion together something of a character for their fanart.

To separate out my FanArt pieces from the regular morphs, FanArt will be starting with "FA" and in a folder called "FanArt" ... so we can all play by the rules ;-) Fanart is non-commercial use only and my fanart releases also tend to be intended for image renders only.

I've named this one "The Hawk" {if there be any other character by that name, sorry} because to have sight the way such a traveler must, and the way my brows came out figured hawk eyes was a good name BUT I know that name is taken. I also thought of calling him Guess, it's been one of those days.

These are the promos, hair and skin is NOT included. I expect to release the head morph tomorrow.

Hope this doesn't look too bad. {and golly, for ALL the beards in the collection there was one type MISSING ... IF all goes well, that I might make one of}.

{and oh yes, the making of the nose also was helped a little by Hexagon which decided to co-operate. If programs have insight, after seeing the dedication with which I kept deinstalling, reinstalling, plastering all over the place, etc. to get HS working, possibly Hexagon got the message and decided to behave itself lol ...}

The Hawk - Promo.png
    700 x 700 - 420K
    The Hawk - Profile, hair NOT included.png
    700 x 700 - 536K
    edited January 2021

No time to make beards today :-(

But yes, The Hawk has flown the coop! Enjoy :-)

FA_The_Hawk Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 392K
    FA_The_Hawk Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 361K
    edited January 2021

6 more head morphs for G8: 3 for F and 3 for M

Uploaded both at sharecg and DA.

Oh wonderful joy of joys, you all know or possible have come to realize over the years that I'm not a fan of naming things. I found a HUGE list of names - it will generate hundreds of name combos. So yes, when I say I have pulled the names from the air, or from the list ... yes. So no, they are not specially anybody in particular.

CH_Benny Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 427K
    CH_Benny Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 400K
    CH_Eoin Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 429K
    CH_Eoin Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 400K
    CH_Madge Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 361K
    CH_Madge Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 400K
    CH_Oscar Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 399K
    CH_Oscar Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 465K
    CH_Siyana Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 339K
    CH_Siyana Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 393K
    CH_Tehya Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 367K
    CH_Tehya Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 398K
  • atoxicatoxic Posts: 130

Thanks

Nice Days and Nice Renders

• atoxic said:

Thanks

Nice Days and Nice Renders

You're welcome, enjoy :-) 

• Packaging up 6 morphs for Genesis 3 Female :-)

Here are a few test renders - I was trying out some dForce hairs which apparently caused issues between the program and the OS and ???? So some of these renders are 3D with some Iray elements like lighting {not the best way to do things lol ...} Ran out of patience with the hairs so haven't got renders with hair for all of them. The blonde hair on Alana worked nicely Iray render.

3D render Iray lighting.png
    700 x 700 - 521K
    3D render.png
    700 x 700 - 474K
    3Delight only for Alexa Hair.png
    700 x 700 - 519K
    3Delight only for hair.png
    700 x 700 - 582K
    CH_Alana With Awesome Eyes - Realistic.duf.png
    700 x 700 - 398K
    With Awesome Eyes - Hetro.duf.png
    700 x 700 - 396K
    edited February 2021

Now uploaded to sharecg and DA.

Enjoy :-)

These are all for Genesis 3 Female. Just head morphs.

CH_Alana Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 428K
    CH_Alana Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 531K
    CH_Collette Portrait.duf.png
    700 x 700 - 421K
    CH_Collette Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 527K
    CH_Dilara Portrait.png
    700 x 700 - 409K
    CH_Dilara Profile.png
    700 x 700 - 519K