A tool to adjust the intensity of facial expressions.

Space JingorohSpace Jingoroh Posts: 62
edited January 2021 in Product Suggestions

Many of the "Expression" products available on the market have too much expression, which can be difficult for me to use.

For this reason, I often use "Expression" products such as "Artist:Hamster" which allows me to adjust the strength of the expression with sliders.

So I think it would be useful to have a product that allows me to control the intensity of the expression I apply to the figure.

Like G8, I think the expressions in G8.1 are well suited for animation, so it would be useful to have a tool to control the strength of the expressions.

Post edited by Space Jingoroh on

Comments

• It's possible to do this by creating a new dial and linking it to the individual dials used to make the expression (then the new dial could affect all those other dials at once). I think it's the same as an ERC freeze.

I wonder if this could be scripted into an easy to use interface for end-users.

• Silent Winter said:

It's possible to do this by creating a new dial and linking it to the individual dials used to make the expression (then the new dial could affect all those other dials at once). I think it's the same as an ERC freeze.

I think there is nothing better than having a dial or slider.
    It would be easier to use.

However, a simpler script that lowers (or raises) each parameter of the expression by about 10%(?) each time it is applied would also be useful.

It would probably not cause any problems with the new effects created by the links.

• Space Jingoroh said:

Silent Winter said:

It's possible to do this by creating a new dial and linking it to the individual dials used to make the expression (then the new dial could affect all those other dials at once). I think it's the same as an ERC freeze.

However, a simpler script that lowers (or raises) each parameter of the expression by about 10%(?) each time it is applied would also be useful.

It would probably not cause any problems with the new effects created by the links.

I don't think it's so simple - when you get pose expressions (so you double click and it loads an expression) then the expression is made from sliding many dials (unless it's a custom morph - in which case there's probably already a single slider). So a script, as you're suggesting, would need to know which sliders apply to this expression (as distinct from character morph sliders and pose sliders).

To do this manually would need several clicks and selecting which sliders to affect.

• Silent Winter said:

Space Jingoroh said:

Silent Winter said:

I don't think it's so simple - when you get pose expressions (so you double click and it loads an expression) then the expression is made from sliding many dials (unless it's a custom morph - in which case there's probably already a single slider). So a script, as you're suggesting, would need to know which sliders apply to this expression (as distinct from character morph sliders and pose sliders).

To do this manually would need several clicks and selecting which sliders to affect.

I expect that this will be possible in the future, since the FACS after G8.1 will have sliders to support that part of the expression. 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited January 2021
  • Zev0 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/463701/dial-fusion-for-genesis-2-to-8-1-commercial

Waiting in anticipation for its release!
    It would be great if this could be used for animation.

• Sevrin said:

Expression Smoother for Genesis 8 Female and Male | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Thank you for the referral.

The product does not seem to be what I am looking for.
    It seems to control the wrinkles caused by facial expressions, but does not seem to change the expression itself.