PostgreSQL and whatever that means....

So I installed DIM and installed DA from DIM and then installed sevearl other bits and bobs of content in an attempt to actually get myself a nice orderly content folder. From the start this pop keeps getting in my face at the launch of DS, and I have tried everything I can to stop it. According to my file system I have this installed, it appears in my applications main folder under Applications along with Daz studio and the PostgreSQL folder which cintains the stuff in screen shot two.

Everything seems to work fine, except I cant stop it popping up, any ideas please...

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 14.02.06.png
458 x 230 - 36K
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 14.08.17.png
547 x 354 - 56K

Comments

• Most likely a permissions issue on the Content Cluster folder, the location of which iss et in Daz Studio>Preferences, in the CMS Settings tab.

• I checked that path and the content cluster folder is empty however I went further. I located the folder containing the PG thing and copied it and then pasted it into the CC folder and reloaded DAZ, no result. So I exited Daz went back and deleted the PG from the folder it was orginally located and deleted that leaving the PG in the CC folder you advised. Then reloaded DAZ, no result. Finally I deleted the whole DS installation and installed it all again from DIM and guess what? The same problem is still present...

• If the folder is empty that does siound very much like either permissions or some other aspect of the security system blocking access. I didn't actually suggest deelting anything, I'm not sure what you have now.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

What macOS version? Sounds like 10.5.3+
    One of the issues is the Apples repair persmission sets permissions on the postgres database files that prevents postgres from using them (to wide, postgres refuses to use files anyone else than postgres can change, for several reasons, secutity is one of them).

There are several threads about this, I see if I can find one of them when I explain how to fix this.

I made a little script that often fix the issues.

To fix the PostgresSQL issues on Catalina, I made this little tool.

http://4eyes.code66.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Fix-DSCMS.app_.zip

One good thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3951371

Hope this helps, I will be monitoring this thread.

• Thanks for your help. My OS is actually 10.13.6 which is pretty much up to date for the rusty old mac I have, High Sierra is maybe as high as this machine can manage. However I never had this issue until i tried to install a nice new Daz version which I did via DIM and thats when this Postgre problem began, there maybe a clue there...

Have to say that reading your link to the ONE GOOD THREAD above was very interesting and seems to indicate that this might explain why I cant get smart content to work. However the thing is I dont use smart content, prefer to rely on me for that stuff and in truth the only reason this is an issue for me is because the pop up is bloody annoying. 

I am grateful for your advice but please dont waste your valuable time on this unless its like some kind of fly thats buzzing around and you wont be able to rest until youve squished it...

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

10.13.6, then it shouldn't be th3e 10.5.x issues. I run 10.13.6 with no issues and have done for years.
    The error you get "Postgres SQL Server" is the database handling smart content, but also other important things. 

• I have decided that the problem is one that I am prepared to live with, its just too time consuming to try and fix it. Thank you everyone for the advice...