Genesis: The Early Years

luci45luci45 Posts: 2,656
edited January 2021 in Art Studio

I was pretty excited when DAZ released the first Genesis almost 10 years ago, mostly because of the many versatile morphs and Autofit clothes. 

This thread is dedicated to renders of Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and their hair and wardrobes. Please join me if you like and feel free to alter maps and textures. 

genesis clubbers.jpg
1800 x 1440 - 937K
Post edited by luci45 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Still use Genesis 1 99% of the time.  Here's a character study from 2013 and a few scenes from 2014:

sylvan 12 and 18.jpg
    948 x 791 - 258K
    bero vs pereschi 13.jpg
    1542 x 795 - 1M
    sandhalnor 10.png
    1015 x 771 - 1001K
  • ACueACue Posts: 114
    edited January 2021

So glad you started this great thread.  Yes! I also still use Genesis and Genesis 2 resources, including a carhop outfit for Genesis that I dformed onto a G8F character on a recent project. Here is a perfectly acceptable Genesis 2 male James Bond-type dashing figure, with a G2M tuxedo. This guy still rocks if you ask me! I composed and rendered this just 3 days ago.

G2Mbond2.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 456K
    Post edited by ACue on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114

Fixmypcmike said: Nice work. These figures are still very viable for a lot of folks, who, like you, use them all the time!

Still use Genesis 1 99% of the time.  Here's a character study from 2013 and a few scenes from 2014:

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2021

G1 is the most versatile and cost effective base character ever. (Probably why it had such a short lifespan, bad for business). IMO the Gen4, G2 and G3 are excellent for transferring their morphs, hairs and clothes over to G1laugh.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,656
    edited January 2021

I'm glad to see all the G1 and G2 renders. Wow.

Here are two more Genesis characters. 

robot and friend.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 578K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,251

I was using G1 up until Ollie 8 offered me an incentive to port my character library up to G8. So I've a fair number of things done with G1. Never used G2 much, although there were a couple of characters from my extended Potterverse library who are G2 figures.

This was done as part of my final for Art 501 at L.A. City College. Most of that class was analog. But we could use any form of medium, including digital, including 3D for the final. The whole Assignment is posted on my own site here: http://www.redhen-publications.com/501final.html

The actual assignment was 'Irritation, Anachronism, & Subversion'. We were to produce examples of each. The context needed to be recognizable to a wide audience.

This was my Anachronism piece. The instructor showed us exaples from earlier years, and George Washington seemed to be the poster boy for anachronism. Most people plopped him down in front of a computer. I went in the other direction. 

george+vikings.jpg
    800 x 618 - 260K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited January 2021

What would life be without Muck?

From 2013, an old RRRR 3Delight render of Muck and Mavka on their honeymoon.

RRRR R75 Motorcycle Jungle Vines Bad Guy Muck wide PS Brighter.jpg
    1600 x 1120 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited January 2021

I enjoyed the web page and images you shared form your 2D design class, JOdel. Maybe when you get really old like me, you will find yourself enticed by analog. Playing with art materials (the less messy ones) can be enjoyable. 

LOL, barbult. I enjoyed seeing Muck and Mavka again. 2013? Has it really been that long?

Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

luci45 said:

I enjoyed the web page and images you shared form your 2D design class, JOdel. Maybe when you get really old like me, you will find yourself enticed by analog. Playing with art materials (the less messy ones) can be enjoyable. 

LOL, barbult. I enjoyed seeing Muck and Mavka again. 2013? Has it really been that long?

Yup, I started using Daz in 2012.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

A trip down memory lane. If I remember the office Genesis guy was wearing clothing from David 3 and a m4 skin.

The versatility of the g1 figure was evident that both characters here were wearing the same 3D unvierse pants.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2021

Made this one using Young Teens 5 Justin which base figure is GM1

Aron Talks About Cookies.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited January 2021

Made this using GF2 & GM2!

!Domestic War.png
    1500 x 844 - 1M
    edited January 2021

I made this one using GF2 for both females!!

A Camping Aguement.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 1M
    edited January 2021

I made this using characters from GF2!

!Cassie and Taylor Sisterly Love.png
    1042 x 1303 - 2M
    edited January 2021

I made this with a character from GF1

That was when I was learning how to morph!

Ashley Revised.png
    1500 x 1875 - 3M
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Hell yeah! Genesis 1 and 2 are all I ever use!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,251

luci45 said:

Ha! You should have checked some of the other things in the Student Work section of that collection. The 501 midterm and all three of the 201 pieces werre all analog, since those were prerequisite classes, and they were basically analog art classes.

I loathe working in analog. I did it for over 20 years. And at home, it's even worse. You have to move furniture to set up a space, and wait for the paint to dry, and then there's clean-up. I had to wait for over 40 years before I got access to a computer, and I'm not giving it up that easily.

Actually, there's a more extensive collection of G1 figures used in the Ah, Fandom section of the Graphics page. Mainly the Tarot deck, which starts here:

http://www.redhen-publications.com/tarot-intro.html

The card of The World uses a G2F figure but all of the other human figures in the deck are G1.

But basically, anything done between 2011/12 and 2017 are G1. I finally shifted to G8/G3 and then to all G8 around 2018.

Great stuff, folks! @Saphirewild, I always enjoy the way you use expressions and your character morphs;)

Here's another G1 character I made using the Last Gladiator M4 skin and head morph. Obviously used a bunch of other morphs aditionally, and of course Garibaldi brows;)

Later itterations of Genesis seem to be loaded with the kinds of details that have hyper-photorealistic rendering in mind, but if you're like me and prefer toon/comic style work. Genesis 1 and 2 are perfect.

Render Big.png
    841 x 967 - 626K
    edited January 2021

vrba79 said:

Later itterations of Genesis seem to be loaded with the kinds of details that have hyper-photorealistic rendering in mind, but if you're like me and prefer toon/comic style work. Genesis 1 and 2 are perfect.

Really nice cartoon! I agree that Genesis 1 and 2 are perfect for this style.

Here are some Beasts and Brutes (Valendar morphs for G1.) They are using First Bastion's Walking with Purpose poses. They may be looking for a shoe store with their sizes. laugh

beasts and brutes.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 472K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited January 2021

Here are some Beasts and Brutes (Valendar morphs for G1.) They are using First Bastion's Walking with Purpose poses. They may be looking for a shoe store with their sizes. laugh

Love itlaugh

edited January 2021

Bad Hair Day

IIRC this is pretty much Stephanie5 out of the box...Paxton hair?

Just a lookdev version of the dude I posted earlier...G1 as always, probably with some M4 morphs...

Celebrity Lola;) V4 skin and morphs on G1...

Wow Sven those portraits are amazing!!!

Saphirewild said:

Wow Sven those portraits are amazing!!!

Thank you, I'm (3)Delightedsmiley!

edited January 2021

Thanks, Sven Dullah. Nice bunch of character renders! I love seeing the V4 and M4 texture maps on Genesis. 
    Saphirewild, lots of cool characters. I especially like the teens.

Here is one I did in 2012. 

family portrait.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 706K
    Post edited by luci45 on

luci45 said:

Thanks, Sven Dullah. Nice bunch of character renders! I love seeing the V4 and M4 texture maps on Genesis. 
    Saphirewild, lots of cool characters. I especially like the teens.

Here is one I did in 2012. 

That made me chuckle, expressions are priceless:))

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

Also from 2012, six  Genesis-es in motion.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

By the way, to give you an idea of how versatile G1 is, the central female figure's outfit is kitbashed from 3 Genesis outfits (Wolf King, Caput Caseum, and Alruna), and her hair is two freebies combined, 3Dream's Boy Hair for V4 and AprilYSH's Horsetail for V4; the central male is wearing Luthbel's High Elves for M3 and IIRC V5 Elite Ponytail.  Several of the other figures are wearing V3 and V4 hair, and one of them is wearing the thoroughly modern Jersey Dress Outfit by Dogz, retextured to fit in.  The skins are a mix of Genesis, V4 and M4 skins; the morphs are a lot of Evolution Muscularity, with some Measure Metrics, Creature Creator, Young Teen Julie, and Olivia.  The metal objects are retextured with DzFire's Real Metals.

edited January 2021

Covid Blues (F-major)

Oh yeah, Genesis 1 is VERY versitile! It also has better male/female parity with it's morph collections. Now if a stylized morph is released for Genesis 8, its usualy female only. To this day I don't think Sakura 8 ever got a proper matching male counterpart.