Really big eyes

Hey there, 

i am wondering if anybody can give me a tip about a product or some tricks that will allow me to scale the eyes of Genesis 8 characters to an alien eyes kinda size. 

Example:

The scaling function that is built into the shaping feature of DAZ is very limited. 
How can I create much bigger eyes in a "procedurrl" way. with a slider to adjust the size of the eyes, eyelids and brows to exactly what I want?
A product like this looks promosing but I think I would like to go even bigger:
https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/big-eyes-morphs-for-g8f-vol-2/133267

Comments

• onixonix Posts: 282

I think this goes beyond just the "eye size" slider 

You need to design custom geometry and possibly even in the form of geograft  because normal eyes will not work.  Just like it was done for the characters with big eyes as Star or Sakura

although by looking at your reference I think what you really need is to stuff 2 balls in the appropriate places and it doe not look that hard to use Zbrush to modify eyesockets. 

the problem with such extreme morphs is that rigging no longer works properly when you apply them.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081

There's this that bumps up the eyes, although maybe not as much as you'd like: https://www.daz3d.com/cartoonized-for-genesis-8-male

• endlesslovingendlessloving Posts: 71
    edited January 2021

onix said:

You need to design custom geometry and possibly even in the form of geograft  because normal eyes will not work.  Just like it was done for the characters with big eyes as Star or Sakura

although by looking at your reference I think what you really need is to stuff 2 balls in the appropriate places and it doe not look that hard to use Zbrush to modify eyesockets. 

the problem with such extreme morphs is that rigging no longer works properly when you apply them.

Hi Onix, 
    thanks for your response. 

Zbrush would for sure be a great tool to work with but I want to keep the DAZ functionality intact, so I can still customize other facial features as well as modify the rest of the body as well. Rigging is super important for what I have in mind. So that's the challenge and I do believe the best solution (at least to get close to what I need) will be to choose the right products. 
    I have already bought a morph pack for the creation of all sorts of creatures and I just found a character that seems to allow to add in large eyes separately. 

Oh ... just looking at another response here, there is this product that looks even better than what I found:
    And yet the eyes in this product look even bigger: I am just wondering if that prouct would actually give me the flexibility to apply all the other morphs that I have available, like aging and vascularity. I guess I will have to experiments. I wish to create different alien looking humanoids :-)
    This is going to fun and I think I will try both products and see how it goes. 

Thank you!

Post edited by endlessloving on
  • Ati said:

There's this that bumps up the eyes, although maybe not as much as you'd like: https://www.daz3d.com/cartoonized-for-genesis-8-male

Hi Ati, 
    thank you so much! This looks really great. I will give it a try! yes

edited January 2021

endlessloving said:

onix said:

Hi Onix, 
    thanks for your response. 

Zbrush would for sure be a great tool to work with but I want to keep the DAZ functionality intact, so I can still customize other facial features as well as modify the rest of the body as well. Rigging is super important for what I have in mind. So that's the challenge and I do believe the best solution (at least to get close to what I need) will be to choose the right products. 
    I have already bought a morph pack for the creation of all sorts of creatures and I just found a character that seems to allow to add in large eyes separately. 

Oh ... just looking at another response here, there is this product that looks even better than what I found:
    And yet the eyes in this product look even bigger: I am just wondering if that prouct would actually give me the flexibility to apply all the other morphs that I have available, like aging and vascularity. I guess I will have to experiments. I wish to create different alien looking humanoids :-)
    This is going to fun and I think I will try both products and see how it goes. 

Thank you!

Wel those products you mentioned are not exactly what you were asking in the reference picture ;)  They are more like an anime thing rather than aliens if you are ok with anime or just big normal human anatomy eyes, there are certain morph packs that can make eyes bigger to some extent. But in my opinion, this looks rather creepy if you put those eyes on the alien.

Posey/petunia product as I know does not allow you to adjust eye size separately it is all just complete shape.

here is an example of what you can get simply by scaling up existing eyes. of course you can apply any other morphs

Zbrush functionality can be somewhat replicated with dformers and weight maps.  but its purpose is not so much to modify eyes but to adjust the head shape to fit those enlarged eyes

onix said:

endlessloving said:

Ati said:

Hi Ati, 

I would rather recommend you this product if you want more flexibility in adjusting facial features

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestones-face-morph-collection-for-the-girl-8

alien.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 157K
    Post edited by onix on
    edited January 2021

Post edited by onix on
  • charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited January 2021

Click Eyes Size gears and Paramater Settings (this goes for any slider)

Uncheck Use Limits from the popup box. Click Accept.

LOL before someone asks I'm rigging a Gundam model to the G8M nodes.

remove_limits.png
    1398 x 954 - 467K
    Post edited by charles_2239525 on
  • Wel those products you mentioned are not exactly what you were asking in the reference picture ;)  They are more like an anime thing rather than aliens if you are ok with anime or just big normal human anatomy eyes, there are certain morph packs that can make eyes bigger to some extent. But in my opinion, this looks rather creepy if you put those eyes on the alien.

Posey/petunia product as I know does not allow you to adjust eye size separately it is all just complete shape.

here is an example of what you can get simply by scaling up existing eyes. of course you can apply any other morphs

Zbrush functionality can be somewhat replicated with dformers and weight maps.  but its purpose is not so much to modify eyes but to adjust the head shape to fit those enlarged eyes

Thank you!
    That's true that I was not so clear with my reference picture. I actually want both, the possibility to just scale human eyes and adjust them and also create alien-like eyes, more like in my example image. 

At the moment I am working on a character that has more human-like eyes and I was able to scale them based on some products that I already have plus adjust the shape a bit with the parameters coming from the Posey character, which looks nice. But I think "the girl" and the morphs you recommended would have been better. Maybe I will get them soon but for now my budget is spent. (I tend to buy too many products in the daz store ... lol)

Here is where I am at with this character. 

I think I will try to scale the eyes beyond the limits. Somebody else posted a screenshot on how to do that, which I am going to try.
    By the way, I don't like the white color on the tongue and could not find the setting for the materials used there. I will create another post about the tongue. 

onix said:

endlessloving said:

Ati said:

Hi Ati, 

I would rather recommend you this product if you want more flexibility in adjusting facial features

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestones-face-morph-collection-for-the-girl-8

I am looking forward to exploire this in another project. 
    I have other morphs from rarestone and I really appreciate the quality!

edited January 2021

Cool! I did not know that the limits could be turned off! Thank you!
    And that "head" looks hilarious!

Ps. I haven't posted in forums for a while and have some issue with the "quoting" of other people's comments. 

edited January 2021

Playing with some products! The eyes are still a bit smaller but in this case they fit quite well. 

I also had some fun with my other charcter:

One product that I used for the creation of these charactres. I think the possibility to get large alien eyes is in this product but it is a combo of various dialers and going beyond limits.
    However, still not as large as in my reference image!

https://www.daz3d.com/ej-fantasy-races-creator-and-morphs-for-genesis-8-females-and-males
    So much fun to play with!. 

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

charles said:

LOL before someone asks I'm rigging a Gundam model to the G8M nodes.

Isn't easier rigging the entire Gundam figure for itself? just curious. 

• AbrahamRockwellAbrahamRockwell Posts: 109
    edited March 2021

Speaking of 'Big Eyes', maybe someone here can help me out with this (didn't want to start another thread unless absolutely necessary).

I recently picked up 'Posey and Petunia for Genesis 8 Female' pack:

https://www.daz3d.com/posey-and-petunia-for-genesis-8-female

Well, I tried the morph for the first time, and this is the result.......

So, WTF happened?!?!

The product doesn't mention anything else other than the Base Genesis 8 female is necessary.

Is it possible its conflicting with some other product in my library?

Anyone have a fix for this?

WTF.jpg
    500 x 500 - 47K
    Post edited by AbrahamRockwell on