How do you dock on the left side?

Working on something and my cat comes along and headbutts my hand. Now my content library tab is floating around in random space. Ive been rubbing that tab all over everything and all I can do is dock it back above, under or to the right of where it initially was. Where or how do i get it back there without defauting everything else?

Extra question: What does draw settings do? Never seen anyone mention it or refrence it any video or forum.

Thanks!

Comments

• You can drag by the top bar, you should see a line of the highlight colour up the edge when it's in the correct place. You could also just use Window>Workspace>Select Layout to reset the whole UI

Draw Settings controls Filament and the Iray preview, and has other display-related settings such as how nodes are highlighted as the mouse passes over them.

• SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 141

Richard Haseltine said:

You can drag by the top bar, you should see a line of the highlight colour up the edge when it's in the correct place. You could also just use Window>Workspace>Select Layout to reset the whole UI

Draw Settings controls Filament and the Iray preview, and has other display-related settings such as how nodes are highlighted as the mouse passes over them.

But where do I drag it? All I can do is dock it above, under or to the right of where it initially was

Attached pic is the only places ive seen a gold line where i can place, yet none put it back to its default position

Capture.JPG
    518 x 964 - 80K
  • Oh, you've dragged it out of the group rather than dislodged the whole group. In that case drag the tab into the group, beside all the existing tabs.

Richard Haseltine said:

Oh, you've dragged it out of the group rather than dislodged the whole group. In that case drag the tab into the group, beside all the existing tabs.

But where though? What specific part do I drag the tab to? Ive been dragging up and down all the tabs, drawing around them. I cant find any spot that isnt the three in the pick

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited January 2021

Drag it into the "well" with the existign tabs in the group. The dark grey area along the lower part of the right edge

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on