Tongue materials - where to find and adjust

endlesslovingendlessloving Posts: 71
edited January 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there, 

I am trying to find the material/surface settings for the tongue in Daz but I can only find materials for the mouth and teeth. 
Can anybody please tell me where to find these settings?

Post edited by endlessloving on

Comments

• Which figure?

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

The mouth material is the whole mouth with the exception of the teeth.  If you need to adjust only the tongue, you'll need photoshop or GIMP. As I recall this is true for all genesis figures.

• Spacious said:

The mouth material is the whole mouth with the exception of the teeth.  If you need to adjust only the tongue, you'll need photoshop or GIMP. As I recall this is true for all genesis figures.

That's good to know!
    Will look at the textures. 

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which figure?

VYK Zuri

• endlessloving said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Which figure?

VYK Zuri

So Genesis 8 Female is the figure.

• Richard Haseltine said:

endlessloving said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Which figure?

VYK Zuri

So Genesis 8 Female is the figure.

That's correct. I am not yet used to the terminology!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Spacious said:

...just a side note, Genesis1 has mouth surfaces separated in gums, inner mouth, teeth and tongue...

• endlessloving said:

That's correct. I am not yet used to the terminology!

A quick & small sidenote, but hopefully it can help you a bit...

Basically every humanoid figure within Daz Studio is based on a "root figure" so to speak; Genesis. Genesis has 5 generations in total (see also my attachment): Genesis (or 'Genesis 1' I suppose) is a unisex base figure (it has no gender but can be morphed into male, female or whatever other creature). Then we have Genesis 2, 3, 8 and 8.1 where the latter generations make a clear seperation between male and female genders.

If you're unsure about a figure you're working with then check the top of the "Parameters" pane; it will tell you exactly what kind of figure you're working with.

Hope this cleared a few things up for you while not making things too complex ;)

genesis.jpg
    531 x 544 - 64K
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Sven Dullah said:

Spacious said:

...just a side note, Genesis1 has mouth surfaces separated in gums, inner mouth, teeth and tongue...

There's that memory of mine not being quite accurate again.  LOL