Alien/Magical Body Markings?

I'm trying to create an original race of people who have some magical powers/force powers (star wars) and I'm looking for some body markings that can preferrably be used to down the line to light up their skin when they're using thier magic. I've attached some images of some of what I'm looking for. I've seen some items on the store, but nothing that's quite as close as what I'm looking for. Thanks for any suggestions! Still looking as we speak. 

7e83170994d660573d3d9d6848ed06b4.jpg
236 x 314 - 14K
large.png
1034 x 1024 - 892K
tumblr_82115687b3a627d9c8243334dbc6315c_da254ddc_1280.png
1280 x 1277 - 2M

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,134

I'm not sure whether a tattoo could really light up the skin around it, other than maybe through some bloom effect, but for the tattoos themselves and emissive values, you could look into products like

https://www.daz3d.com/lie-fae-tattoos-for-genesis-3-and-8-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/fire-walk-lie-tattoos

And check the accompanying textures in Photoshop or Gimp, to see what kind of texturefiles they exactly are, and how they were assembled. It isn't extremely hard to make your own tattoo layers from that point, except for backpieces and other designs crossing the seams of materialzones (like, going continuously from shoulder onto the arm, or from the waist down to the leg). Even most artists here seem to evade doing "backpieces", simply because it's a pain to get the seam right. There are some tools to paint directly onto the models, right across the seams, but those are gonna cost a bit. At least, I haven't seen the feature in any decent free software yet.

• rileygarraway88rileygarraway88 Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

I'm looking to create a wookie body morph but I don't know how is there a way I can use an image and transfer that image to body email me to answer questions please and thank you

Mod Edit to remove email address

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It is not recommended that you share emails in the open fourm.   Far better to use the PM system

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,124

rileygarraway88 said:

I'm looking to create a wookie body morph but I don't know how is there a way I can use an image and transfer that image to body email me to answer questions please and thank you

Mod Edit to remove email address

I think Yeti HD could make a pretty workable Wookiee. Use a different fur, maybe slim him down a bit, and you're there. 

• Drip - Thanks for the suggestions! I have seen one of those, but the other I had not. I added it to my wishlist!