Genesis 8 Starter Essentials

Hi!  I know there are other threads about this, but nothing super recent that I saw and I think my issue is caused by G8.1, although I'm not sure.  I installed all of the 8.1 content today, and now that I have I can no longer find the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials package anywhere.  In DIM I see it installed, and I can uninstall and reinstall but it doesn't change in DAZ.  In DAZ, I can't load a single character based on G8 (I presume that there's an issue with either the file path or the installation), and I have no idea what to do.  Am I the only one with this issue?  All of this is quite frustrating...

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

8 abd 8.1are in the same folder.

do you not see the preset?  or does it fail when you try to load it?

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Ok let me ask this...  does anybody who installed all of the latest updates still see Genesis 8 Essentials in the smart content list?  

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a crap ton of times, and still no joy, so now I just want to confirm whether or not this is supposed to happen.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

duckbomb said:

Ok let me ask this...  does anybody who installed all of the latest updates still see Genesis 8 Essentials in the smart content list?  

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a crap ton of times, and still no joy, so now I just want to confirm whether or not this is supposed to happen.

Yes

• brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited January 2021

duckbomb said:

Nope. You probably need to look in the Male PowerPose Templates for what you're looking for.

Screenshot 2021-01-27 223516.png
    362 x 802 - 265K
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 223744.png
    463 x 513 - 143K
    Post edited by brimstoneomega on
  • duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

brimstoneomega said:

duckbomb said:

Nope. You probably need to look in the Male PowerPose Templates for what you're looking for.

Weird!  OK, I did find all of the characters in the Male PowerPose Templates, so that's good enough, however that first post you made is what I still don't see.

No matter what I do Genesis 8 essentials don't show up in Smart content, but I guess it's ok since now I can still load the Gen 8 Base which is what I was really just looking for.

THank you very much, I really appreciate you taking the time!  You saved me a lot of frustration :)

• MadaMada Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2021

Something to check - if you installed through DIM go to the installed tab, select starter essentials and click on the little arrow on the right and selected Show Installed Files. That should show you where the files are.

Post edited by Mada on