New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• fdsphotofdsphoto Posts: 62

Why do I need to Request Permission to Publish?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Is there a way to do a search through the gallery for a particular artist, image title or assest used?

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

@DAZ_ann0314 I know it's been asked for before, and that you took it to those doing the work with the galleries. But I am going to ask you to Please bring it up again with them. A few days ago I randomly looked over some of earlier uploads in the gallery (from this year still) and noticed I had a new comment there...

I had no Idea I had gotten another comment on that image, and it had been made several days before I even browsed that image myself. I did respond to it than and there of course, but it seriously made me feel so ashamed for missing it and not giving a response to it before :(

Please nudge them once more to give us a notification when we get new comments to our images, because it is actually rather important for many of us I believe. 

• I'm not finding an option to see which images from other users that I've favorited. Am I missing something? Is it because I haven't created a gallery for myself yet?

Just feeling a little dumb over here!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

nabob21 said:

Is there a way to do a search through the gallery for a particular artist, image title or assest used?

Well, to find gallery entries linked to assets, there's the Daz Deals browser plug-in.  It shows linked gallery entries, as well as links in the forum on each product page. 

As for finding your Likes, you get the following links on your gallery page.  IDK if you have to actually post something to your gallery to get these links, but I suppose you might. 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Thanks Sevrin. I don't have the Daz Deals browser plug-in so I'll have to look into it.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 485

I have a not new question for Gallery. There is a way to search by author? 

In the old gallery there was that option. Is it in future's projects?

Thanks

emanuela1

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Any plans to add next/previous buttons?  It's not hard, but feels somewhat awkward hitting a number in the middle right of a list of numbers to go to the next page after having been trained by every site for years to click the last one in the list, and presumably it would be super easy to add the next/previous buttons.

next previous.png
    748 x 205 - 28K
  • StalestStalest Posts: 828

fdsphoto said:

+1 

• Stalest said:

fdsphoto said:

+1 

It's how the "make sure it isn't a spammer" system is phrased. New (to the gallery) posters have to go through a queue, just to be on the safe side.

• R-O StudiosR-O Studios Posts: 99
    edited April 2021

Hello, I moved my renders to different albums, but the other two albums I have created don't show up despite the fact it is there. Is that a bug I have to report a ticket for, or that's something I have to wait for?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it by uploading images.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 133430.png
    1234 x 466 - 115K
    Screenshot 2021-04-12 133537.png
    924 x 686 - 927K
    Post edited by R-O Studios on
  • docbotherdocbother Posts: 106
    edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

It's how the "make sure it isn't a spammer" system is phrased. New (to the gallery) posters have to go through a queue, just to be on the safe side.

Do you have to just sit on the page until someone "approves" you? The page behaviour implies that you need to sit a wait for a response - bouncing dots and flashing "Publising..." at the page bottom - and continues to do this for yet-to-be-determined number of minutes/hours. Or can you close the page and just check the next day? As it is, it just looks like the publish function is broken.

Post edited by docbother on
  • mr clammr clam Posts: 707

Is there a way to go back and add category tags to already uploaded pics? When I try, it looks like it works, but I can't get the categories to stick.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Still hoping much for bringing back important functions, like:

- Search within picture name/description and search within artist name

- Sort pictures within displayed range by date and by likes number

- Filter out with week, month, year, all time

All of above was in old gallery, and added much to user experience.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Another thing is, that we don't get mails if someone commented on the picture...

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Question: Is there still a size limit on the pictures?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Lothar Weber said:

Question: Is there still a size limit on the pictures?

Good question.  I keep mine under 2 Mb, since that's the limit at Rendo. 

Another suggestion

mermaid010 said:

I'll add to change the heart color after you Liked an image, it's hard to tell if you already liked an image, unless you clicked on it.

What is good time to post new works?  I'm in different timezone, so "prime time" for me is usually "dead zone" for west. laugh

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited August 2021

akmerlow said:

What is good time to post new works?  I'm in different timezone, so "prime time" for me is usually "dead zone" for west. laugh

If you're a gallery newbie, any time, because you'll still have to go through the Permission to Publish queue so they can check that you're not a dirty spammer.

Post edited by ecks201 on

No, i already have plenty of images posted over the years. Just curious about "visibility". 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    akmerlow said:

No, i already have plenty of images posted over the years. Just curious about "visibility". 

I would check the Popular or Trending works and guess the time based on what it says on the comments for clues. I don't think there's a way to see when exactly at what time these artworks were posted.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

akmerlow said:

I would suggest posting links to them were there are people that look at art pictures as a hobby more consistently.

• RodgerRodger Posts: 523
    edited August 2021

This is the second day in a row I've gone to the gallery, clicked on "Newest", and nothing happened. Is this a known issue? has it been reported to Daz? Is there a thread somewhere in the forums discussing this?

Post edited by Rodger on
  • Rodger said:

This is the second day in a row I've gone to the gallery, clicked on "Newest", and nothing happened. Is this a known issue? has it been reported to Daz? Is there a thread somewhere in the forums discussing this?

Is it still happening for you? It works for me at the moment.

Richard Haseltine said:

Rodger said:

Is it still happening for you? It works for me at the moment.

As of 6:15 am in NJ it was. I haven't tried it yet tonight. Thank you for responding Richard. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380

Working for me as well atm.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027

The New Gallery is an improvement ...good job!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. I still can't get it to switch to "newest" or "popular". Now I click to "like" a post I havn't seen, and it asks if I want to delete my "like". Give me the old gallery back. Simple, easy to use, does what I want it to do how and when I tell it! It takes me longer to post a render than it does to rnder it. I have to go with its' "tag" no matter what I want to use. Some "Teckie" better have made alot of money designing it!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I am trying to publish a new page with two images. It has been sitting on "Publishing" with the jumping colored dots for many minutes. How long is this supposed to take? I am using Firefox browser on Windows 10.