New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783

For those reporting the image upload issues, I know they are looking into it still. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully it will be functioning for you very soon. That said, Ive made note of the browsers and additional details you all have given. TY heart

edited February 2021

Storypilot said:

General question - when it "saves", what does that mean? Is there a place where unpublished pages live, like a drafts? I haven't been able to find that yet. 

Yes. There is a section underneath where the images in that Album are that will say "Unpublished" The image should show there. (Though atm it may or may not be working as they have been updating various things)

I will be putting together some tutorials on everything though I want to wait till they push through some of these initial fixes.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Well done!  I love the new dark background, and the part that lets you see which of your renders are most popular.

I just have one question - Is there any way to open image PAGES in a new tab?  When I right click, I do not have an "Open LINK in new tab", only an "Open IMAGE in new tab".  Used to, I would open them on separate tabs to make it easier for me to go back to where I was afterward.  Now, I can't do that.

I hope that made sense.  Thank you very, very much for bringing the galleries back, and for all the hard work done on upgrading them.  I think they look much better than before, much more professional too!

I think I am following but to be sure can you screenshot for me exactly where you want to right click? (I like to confirm just to be sure I'm not confused) Also which browser are you using and version (just in case it is a browser specific thing)

PS I will also add your +1 to the limit vote. smiley

This is also something I ran into, because I almost always open links in a new tab if I want to look at them after I've finished the page I'm on. I tried to do that several times and didn't realize it wasn't letting me until I went back to look at the tabs I'd opened and found that it had just opened the gallery thumbnail in a new tab, not the actual page. 

link.png
    479 x 339 - 200K
    edited February 2021

plasma_ring said:

What's the difference between trending and popular? Legit question, I see some different images but a lot of them are the same ones on the popular page. I assume popular is tracking likes, but is trending tracking something like views?

Sorry I missed your question initially. To answer you, I believe (though I am not 100% certain) that Popular will be based on most popular of all time. Trending will be the most popular images over a specified time (much the way the store functions)

So as an example Popular will show the most popular images in the gallery to date in order starting with most popular. Trending will show you those images that are most popular within say this past week or two weeks (A specified time frame of Daz 3D's choosing)

ATM the images may seem similar because there was no gallery technically yesterday. (Also it may be that the hamsters need some munchies for motivation hehe - I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does and if it still seems similar we can report that so they can take a peek)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

BRB I'm going to record one of the videos for you all real quick (on general gallery browsing and functionality). I'm going to wait to cover uploading and albums etc as I know they are working on those things still atm. Give me a bit here and Ill be back smiley

• I get  "The page failed to save" without any hint to what could be the issue.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018

DAZ_ann0314 said:

plasma_ring said:

What's the difference between trending and popular? Legit question, I see some different images but a lot of them are the same ones on the popular page. I assume popular is tracking likes, but is trending tracking something like views?

Sorry I missed your question initially. To answer you, I believe (though I am not 100% certain) that Popular will be based on most popular of all time. Trending will be the most popular images over a specified time (much the way the store functions)

So as an example Popular will show the most popular images in the gallery to date in order starting with most popular. Trending will show you those images that are most popular within say this past week or two weeks (A specified time frame of Daz 3D's choosing)

ATM the images may seem similar because there was no gallery technically yesterday. (Also it may be that the hamsters need some munchies for motivation hehe - I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does and if it still seems similar we can report that so they can take a peek)

Cool, thank you for the explanation! 

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Storypilot said:

General question - when it "saves", what does that mean? Is there a place where unpublished pages live, like a drafts? I haven't been able to find that yet. 

Yes. There is a section underneath where the images in that Album are that will say "Unpublished" The image should show there. (Though atm it may or may not be working as they have been updating various things)

I will be putting together some tutorials on everything though I want to wait till they push through some of these initial fixes.

Thank you! I don't see that in my gallery album yet, but I'll give it some time for them to work things out. 

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited February 2021

I can save my entry but cannot crop the thumbnail (seems to work but then only shows the original crop) and then I get "Page failed to publish"  on both Chrome (Windows 10) and Edge

Post edited by JamieM on
  • In the galleries, there is still my old Artist name! Is this changeable to AlfRaMusic?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I meant seeing the links on already existing images, not when uploading new ones now. However I did find the links - down the bottom of page (missed them as I’m on iPad cos computer has been dead the last month or so). But on that note, it seems some links to products used on my existing images seem to have dropped off. For instance, I KNOW I linked the hair, the character, the dress and the shaders used on dress on one of my images, but the only product link showing now is for the shaders. Is this a known thing, that existing images are missing some of the previously linked items? 

Richard Haseltine said:

jakiblue said:

No more linking to the products used??

Should be, I thought it was working in testing so it may be a glitch from going live.

Edit: I seem to be able to start typing a product name and it offers auto-complete options.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited February 2021

Ann, just as a FYI, on that image @bytescapes linked, I only see 6 ‘products used’. The three you’re seeing that I’m not, are the 3 daz originals, interestingly enough. I’m on iPad, using safari, if that helps. And on your image, I see 4 linked products.

DAZ_ann0314 said:

bytescapes said:

What I don't know is whether being logged in prevents me from seeing the linked products only in my own gallery, or in everyone's galleries. If you'd like to test for yourself, try this image which should have a good selection of linked products.

I get this on the image you linked:

I'm logged in and on Chrome. That said I am having issues with my own image lists. So what do you see here

I get this (I should see far more):

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • I get  "The page failed to save" without any hint to what could be the issue.

me Too!!!!!!!!!!

• "I get  "The page failed to save" without any hint to what could be the issue.

me Too!!!!!!!!!!"

-I have found a solution:
    Just create a new album, your new picture will be published there.-

DAZ_ann0314 - could possibly help with troubleshooting. :-)

• Hi in the new Gallery do you have to wait for it to be approved before it will be published, just tried to post two images but they failed, yet they are in my gallery? tia

Art-de-Croh said:

"I get  "The page failed to save" without any hint to what could be the issue.

me Too!!!!!!!!!!"

-I have found a solution:
    Just create a new album, your new picture will be published there.-

DAZ_ann0314 - could possibly help with troubleshooting. :-)

I can create a new album - but renaming it doesn't hold (It's always "New Album") and I cannot use it to save or publish an image.

• tdctdc Posts: 129

Horrible. Catagories, Tags, and Daz 3D Items Used is clunky. Sometimes you can't delete a mistake. Images do not save, preview, or even post. Errors on Publish. The UX/UI is downright horrible and in no way show signs of usability research.

• 1 Step

My Albums (push it)

2 Step

Edit (push it)

3 Step

New Album (push it)

Now you can see "Choose or Drag new Image for a new page ..... (use it) (published your image)

4 Step

Rename your new Galleriealbum

Greetings ADC

• petes images said:

Hi in the new Gallery do you have to wait for it to be approved before it will be published, just tried to post two images but they failed, yet they are in my gallery? tia

For new users, yes, but I thought existing users were automatically OK.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited February 2021

I didn't had a problem uploading my images, though I did notice a few things with the new gallery I didn't quite like.

1. As @tdc said above, if one made a mistake and put in the wrong category there was no way to either change it or delete it without cancelling the whole thing and starting over

2. I also found it very very annoying that the category list remains even when you start writing in the boxes for Tags or Items Used. 

3. Something I would like to have when I go to the gallery, is the possibility to choose wether to land on the Trending, Popular or Newest page. As it is now we automatically end up on Trending, while it is easy to go from there to Newest it is still a little bit annoying not being able to choose.

Other than those three points (as of right now atleast ;P ) I am quite happy with the new gallery :)

4. Edited cause I just remembered I forgot to add something that is quite annoying as well. The text just goes on and on in one line, without respecting the seperations I have made for it. Which makes it outright Horrible when having wrote out a longish story to the render

Post edited by Carola O on
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Art-de-Croh said:

1 Step

My Albums (push it)

2 Step

Edit (push it)

3 Step

New Album (push it)

Now you can see "Choose or Drag new Image for a new page ..... (use it) (published your image)

4 Step

Rename your new Galleriealbum

Greetings ADC

This worked, @DAZ_ann0314

Lots of steps, but it might help out the team to know that this method posts the image, when all others don't.

• tdctdc Posts: 129

JamieM said:

I can create a new album - but renaming it doesn't hold (It's always "New Album") and I cannot use it to save or publish an image.

That did the trick! Thanks for that!

• Richard Haseltine said:

petes images said:

Hi in the new Gallery do you have to wait for it to be approved before it will be published, just tried to post two images but they failed, yet they are in my gallery? tia

Just keep getting "Page Failed to Publish" wion't show in my gallery iether tia

• RichardCRichardC Posts: 17
    edited February 2021

Since my question about being able to delete mistaken tags or categories from an image was ignored, I am flagging it for deletion.

Millawa Headshot 2.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 795K
    Post edited by RichardC on
  • In the 'Items Used' section of a gallery page I only see the products that I haven't purchased. It thus makes sense that the creator of that gallery page doesn't see anything in the 'Items Used' section as they already own all of those items. What doesn't make sense is Daz's assumption that the only use for the Gallery is to sell us stuff.

I suspect that this problem is related to the Store's search function's refusal to show us things we already own. Both the Store and the Gallery should give us a way to override that feature.

• petes images said:

Richard Haseltine said:

petes images said:

Just keep getting "Page Failed to Publish" wion't show in my gallery iether tia

That seems to be affecting several users, though others have been able to upload. It isn't an approval thing - it simply isn't completing the upload process.

• Binaries Torturer said:

In the 'Items Used' section of a gallery page I only see the products that I haven't purchased. It thus makes sense that the creator of that gallery page doesn't see anything in the 'Items Used' section as they already own all of those items. What doesn't make sense is Daz's assumption that the only use for the Gallery is to sell us stuff.

I suspect that this problem is related to the Store's search function's refusal to show us things we already own. Both the Store and the Gallery should give us a way to override that feature.

Thanks, I've passed that observation on.

• RichardCRichardC Posts: 17
    edited February 2021

Since my question about why the 4th image at the top of our gallery page is cropped on the right-hand side was ignored, I am flagging it for deletion.

Dragon Guard.jpg
    1250 x 1250 - 926K
    Post edited by RichardC on
  • Here is what I found that works for me

1) Click on Galleries

2) Click on My Albums (Do NOT click on Post image)

3) Select either root gallery or another album and click on Edit (Again do NOT click on Post Image)

4) Once you click on edit there should be an unpublished items section with a box to add an image. Add your image to that box.

5) When your image has finished adding to that box, click on it

6) Add your page title and whatever description you want Then click on Save and then on Publish

Your image page should now appear in your selected gallery

Note: If I use the Post image links I see in steps 2 or 3 then my image will not publish properly

edited February 2021

Charlie Judge said:

Here is what I found that works for me

1) Click on Galleries

2) Click on My Albums (Do NOT click on Post image)

3) Select either root gallery or another album and click on Edit (Again do NOT click on Post Image)

4) Once you click on edit there should be an unpublished items section with a box to add an image. Add your image to that box.

5) When your image has finished adding to that box, click on it

6) Add your page title and whatever description you want Then click on Save and then on Publish

Your image page should now appear in your selected gallery

Note: If I use the Post image links I see in steps 2 or 3 then my image will not publish properly

This worked for me! Thanks.

However I still cannot crop / edit the thumbnail - forced to use the (poor) default framing

EDIT 

Well - it worked for ONE picture - but back to fails again after that!

Post edited by JamieM on