New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• GeffeGeffe Posts: 63

Kind of disappointed that there is no option to follow artists you like. Seems like an odd omission.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sriesch said:

Glad to see the Galleries are back!

I can't figure out how image loading is working though, there's random huge delays sometimes but not other times.   For example I first tried clicking an image, nothing at all happens.  Then you try double-clicking, nothing happens.  Then you try clicking another image, nothing happens.   I waited a full 20 seconds on one before giving up just in case it's slow.  Try clicking a few other things, then suddenly it takes you to the image page, and when you hit back it takes you not back to the gallery but to the previous image's page, and back from that to the one before, like all the pages queued up for loading, got delayed, then every single page was displayed at the same time one over the top of the next.   Then later single clicking on things starts to work normally, slow to load (one or two seconds to draw the screen) but you can see it starting immediately.  I'm not sure what's going on, it seems somewhat random other than being slow at first and faster later. 

Is there any way for the gallery to calculate and display an image fit exactly to the window?  Ideally one would click the smaller/thumbnail to then view the full image (but not zoomed into part of it and scrolling around).  That would be a greatly appreciated enhancement, right now the options are "tiny image" or "zoomed too far in so you can only see part of the image".  Since you'll never want to see just 80% of the picture at a time while jiggling the scroll bars around to try to see it all, that means you'll just never zoom and will always look at only the tiny images all the time and won't be able to appreciate the art at full size unless the artist happened to pick an image size slightly smaller than your browser window.

The intermittent strangeness could be them pushing changes through. If it keeps happening, please let me know. The first day or two things are always a little strange.

On the second issue, when I enter to view an image I get the smaller version. then once I click on the image I get a scaled to screen version of the image and then if I click again I get the "full size" (the size the artist saved the original image). Are you getting something different? If so, can you screenshot the different "scales" you are seeing for me and let me know which browser?

It appears the results depend on the image, different things happen in to different images, and in a different order.  I'm using Firefox 85.0.2, Windows 7.  Here are two examples,

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#gallery=trending&page=1&image=1089042

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#gallery=trending&page=1&image=1097492

In the attached example1 screenshot, from the first screen you click the image and get the second, which is zoomed in and cut off.  However if you click it again, THEN it shrinks to fit the window correctly. Probably steps 2 and 3 should be reversed.

In the attached example 2 screenshot it's pretty subtle so not the best example but from the first screen you click the image and it zooms in and cuts it off just a little bit on the top/bottom instead of fitting to the window (see red mark by eye, slight loss of forehead if you are scrolled down).  If you click again, then it zooms way in like you might expect.

example 1.jpg
    1104 x 813 - 160K
    example 2.jpg
    795 x 619 - 88K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2021

I was able to publish an image but as you add products it starts cutting off areas of the screen. 

Firefox 85.0.1

galleryissue.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 850K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2021

I guess this is where we post the issues with the gallery?

Crop thumbnail doesn't appear to work.

Right hand frame cuts off the interface, in the drop downs and when trying to enter information. Once it shifts to the right (cutting off the left side) there is no way to get it to go back.

Image page doesn't actually show products used after adding them.
    Correction: The products don't show up if the viewer owns them? Huh?

Carriage returns don't work in the description area.

Removing a tag or product used means backspacing, but you can only remove the last item.

Categories can't be removed once entered.

Product pulldown works really oddly. Typing "skies" shows four items (three of which are Divinity Skies items), but it takes typing "skies o" for other products to appear. I would expect it to hit on items that start with the same text first, not last.

When the entry field is on a new line, attempting to type something into it moves the entry field to the end of the line above it, immediately frazing out the right hand frame.

If editing old image entries; the categories can be changed, but not the tags or products.

Image zoom is nuts. An old image I posted to the gallery is native 800px × 533px. Basic zoom scaleds to 1,774px × 1,182px. Hitting the zoom again goes to 2,212px × 1,474px. This makes really ugly entries. The artist should have a choice in allowing the zoom to go that high.
    For an image that is native 1,920px × 1,080px, the basic view page scales to 858px × 483px. Basic zoom goes to  2,101px × 1,182px. Super zoom scales to 2,212px × 1,244px.
    Why not just show the native 1,920px × 1,080px at the first zoom step? Instead of an arbitrary zoom?

Using Firefox 85.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited February 2021

Disciple said:

My gallery is small and new ATM, one album with four pages.  The pages are a comic, and I'd like to have them presented in order.  They're named in order, but I don't know how to force a sort-by-name, and I don't know how to manually edit page order.  I tried.  Is there a way?  Thanks for reopening, BTW.

Hallelujah!

Disciple

I think the only way it determines page order is by the order you upload in, but you can upload multiple images to a page by adding them on the side. :D Then people can read all the comic pages by just scrolling down through them. Here's an example of a multi-image page I did (although to get it to work I had to publish the page with only one image, and then go back and edit to add the others). 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

I finally was able to upload an image. My images were too big so I resized one to 1000 x 1300 and that worked :)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Daventaki said:

I was able to publish an image but as you add products it starts cutting off areas of the screen. 

Firefox 85.0.1

I'm getting this on Chrome, too. 

Also there doesn't currently appear to be any way to add tags if they were never used in the previous gallery. I tried publishing with a new tag in the box just to see if it would add it, but no dice. 

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Can't access the gallery at all on my iPad 2. That's completely spoiled my early morning cuppa :(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited February 2021

...image posted successfully, however, a couple issues

First: the category drop down menu would not close after selecting a category. Also need more selections like "Child" 

Second: cropping the thumbnial doesn't seem to work.

Latest version of Chrome on W7.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

junk said:

3) I was hoping that there would be a limit on how many images one person could upload at one time.  Not really a glitch but I see one person has already done 13 images in one sitting making it unfair for everyone to get a fair shake at being seen.

Oh dear lord, yes please. I understand that people have a backlog of lovely art that they want to share but, since some people are so excited about it that they want to share an entire gallery page at once, perhaps a hard limit is a good idea. Or maybe it will calm down in a few days...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570

..a few gallery sites do have daily limits.  I would not be averse to that.

• aograiaograi Posts: 642
    edited February 2021

Thyranq said:

junk said:

3) I was hoping that there would be a limit on how many images one person could upload at one time.  Not really a glitch but I see one person has already done 13 images in one sitting making it unfair for everyone to get a fair shake at being seen.

Couldn't agree more! 

It is still glitchy as I could not get it to work properly when trying to clean up my gallery. Had a hard time creating new folder and publishing picts - then suddenly it worked - and I put up a few of my latest works only. I think maybe set some rules so that we can also be helpful to the rest. Now creating categories is hard as we do not know the categories we can choose unlike before. Some tags are not recognised and we cannot create new ones.

Still not able to crop the thumbnail too.

On another note...  the sale section also does not respond well. When you look for vendors - I see only alphabet D. ???? 

Post edited by aograi on
  • I was able finally after many tries to get a page to save but when i try to publish it just keeps saying failed ro publish. What am I doing wrong?

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    edited February 2021

Alias52 said:

junk said:

Oh dear lord, yes please. I understand that people have a backlog of lovely art that they want to share but, since some people are so excited about it that they want to share an entire gallery page at once, perhaps a hard limit is a good idea. Or maybe it will calm down in a few days...

This was actually a problem with the old Gallery. People filling up the Gallery with very similar images. Definatly do a limit

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I have been trying to post images for two days now but got the failed message everytime. So today i tried with
    a smaller image and that worked. What size limits are there in this new gallery? Do we have to resize all our
    images now to make them work on DAZ?

• wow!! the gallery is back!! :)

simple and quick, didnt took a look at the customizations but the posting experience its perfect

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Carola O said:

I didn't had a problem uploading my images, though I did notice a few things with the new gallery I didn't quite like.

1. As @tdc said above, if one made a mistake and put in the wrong category there was no way to either change it or delete it without cancelling the whole thing and starting over

2. I also found it very very annoying that the category list remains even when you start writing in the boxes for Tags or Items Used. 

3. Something I would like to have when I go to the gallery, is the possibility to choose wether to land on the Trending, Popular or Newest page. As it is now we automatically end up on Trending, while it is easy to go from there to Newest it is still a little bit annoying not being able to choose.

Other than those three points (as of right now atleast ;P ) I am quite happy with the new gallery :)

4. Edited cause I just remembered I forgot to add something that is quite annoying as well. The text just goes on and on in one line, without respecting the seperations I have made for it. Which makes it outright Horrible when having wrote out a longish story to the render

So going to add to my list a little :) was easier to just quote my earlier comment instead of rewriting it lol

5. There seems to be no emails going out when someone has comment on your image, or any other notification, atleast I did not get any notification at all despite comments on my images. And I know I got emails telling me someone had commented on my images in the old gallery.

6. Big yes to a daily upload limit. 5 seems like a good idea, but might even be better with 3 (for those that end up on the frontpage that is, not those that are stacked with others)

7. The pictures on the carusel on the main page is too big, they could in my opinion be decreased a fair bit. Or perhaps give us the option to choose which size we wish to have, since people has different sizes of screens.

8. I badly want the ability to richclick - open in new tab option to be back, I used that all the time when I visited the old galleries and I genuinly hate that I have to click the image and than use the back button to get back to the earlier page, only to repeat it with the next image I wish to take a closer look at. Takes too much time and is annoying as heck imo.

I think that is it for now, I may find something else to add to my list here later on of course :) All in all, I still like the new galleries, but there is things that could get better and I do believe that some of it is being worked on :)

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

Still can't publish images, now it says "Failed to save :( ...please try again."

Also the image I tried to upload yesteray showed up as unpublished, but none of the details were filled in

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

Tutorials on all the new features will be coming soon!

(Check back to this post in the next day or two heart)

Many of us are having issues, when you post your tutorial, please post the size images allowed!

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

The new gallery looks great! Happy that it's back! I did notice some things that are not working for me though when uploading/editing the image.

- cannot adjust/crop the thumbnail image
    - after adding additional tags and categories the previous ones move to the left and start disappearing from the page
    - cannot seem to add a 'custom/new' tag? I tried to add a 'victoria81' tag to my image and wasn't able to as I can only select from tags that already exist it seems?

Other than that I love the new gallery! Great job everyone!

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

I was excited to see that Daz finally has a new gallery.  While it seems there are a number of improvements, I am dismayed that after spending a half hour to set up my first render in the new gallery, when I hit "Publish", it doesn't seem to have uploaded.    So that's rich...It doesn't seem to work.  However, I did have me wondering if there is a delay before it posts?  I don't know.  I was wondering if others experienced this.

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited February 2021

I cannot adjust the thumbnail for an image I'm posting. I click crop/edit, I adjust the thumbnail frame, I click "crop". I published the image hoping it just wasn't showing my changes on the edit screen, but the thumbnail in the gallery is still the default, which is not good. (I disagree with this whole approach to thumbnails, they should be smaller versions of the art and not cropped, regardless of orientation or aspect ratio.)

Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, paragraph breaks do not show up in the description? Makes it look very sloppy.

Post edited by thoreandan on
  • jukingeo said:

I was excited to see that Daz finally has a new gallery.  While it seems there are a number of improvements, I am dismayed that after spending a half hour to set up my first render in the new gallery, when I hit "Publish", it doesn't seem to have uploaded.    So that's rich...It doesn't seem to work.  However, I did have me wondering if there is a delay before it posts?  I don't know.  I was wondering if others experienced this.

Did you get an error? Had you posted to the old gallery? If this is your first time posting I think you get held in a queue, as with the forums.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited February 2021

thoreandan said:

I cannot adjust the thumbnail for an image I'm posting. I click crop/edit, I adjust the thumbnail frame, I click "crop". I published the image hoping it just wasn't showing my changes on the edit screen, but the thumbnail in the gallery is still the default, which is not good. (I disagree with this whole approach to thumbnails, they should be smaller versions of the art and not cropped, regardless of orientation or aspect ratio.)

Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, paragraph breaks do not show up in the description? Makes it look very sloppy.

The thumbnail issue has been reported, not sure about paragraph breaks but I will check - which browser are you using, in case that makes a difference? Thank you.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TobiasTobias Posts: 106

Cropping for the thumbnail is not working at this time.

If you are using the post button to upload it is not working - you need to go to your albums and click edit.  Then at the bottom will be a place to upload in unpublished.

Upload the picture, click on it once uploaded, add your information, then click save and then click publish.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,509
    edited February 2021

kyoto kid said:

..a few gallery sites do have daily limits.  I would not be averse to that.

+1 Facebook did or does recommends 5 with a limit is of 25, but once you exceed certain amounts there is a negative impact on reach where others won't see them. Too many at once feels like spam. But it's probably good not to have one a limit initially because how else will bugs get discovered expediently?

I hope eventually they add an image of the day script. The random could be automated very easily but the image of the day could suck if it was a a beginner type image (something I might do considering I have only rendered six daz images  renders- broken apart in Photoshop) yet a  lost gem could slip thru the cracks, or get buried, especially if the artist is not a 'popular' member, so that would take an unbiased staff pick, and I'm sure staff has better things to do. Maybe the art director has some spare moments ha-ha.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

I've just realised one of the items in my "Daz items used" is wrong How do I delete it?

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

Disciple said:

My gallery is small and new ATM, one album with four pages.  The pages are a comic, and I'd like to have them presented in order.  They're named in order, but I don't know how to force a sort-by-name, and I don't know how to manually edit page order.  I tried.  Is there a way?  Thanks for reopening, BTW.

Hallelujah!

Disciple

If all the pages are part of one comic/story you could upload them all to one page (You can upload more than one image to an album page). If you do it that way then it will put them in the order you uploaded them to the page to my knowledge and then you can keep your story together as well. If I am misunderstanding the question, please let me know. Hope that helps smiley Here is a basic EXAMPLE

sueya said:

I've just realised one of the items in my "Daz items used" is wrong How do I delete it?

At the moment, you could flag your own image to the Gallery Moderation Staff and under reason request that store item be removed. That said, I will report that since I just went and looked and since its not visible to you if you purchased it, it also seems to mean you can't see it in edit. For the time being though feel free to flag it and add a note. If you want you can put For Ann: Please remove xyz product on the image "report" in the additional info box and I'll take care of it heart

jukingeo said:

If you previously had a gallery that had images in it then there shouldn't be a delay. That said, if you had no images in your gallery previously or you just created your account then there may be a delay.