The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
edited March 2021 in The Commons

'Cause my bucket's got a hole in it
Yeah, my bucket's got a hole in it
Yeah, my bucket's got a hole in it
I can't buy no beer

This discussion was created from comments split from: The completely gratuitous complaint thread.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

Non complaint: Spring has sprung

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

McGyver said:

It was 65° on Friday, and it's going to snow today... #$&@%!?!₩£§!!!

No snow here 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited March 2021

Yes! Fourth Post in the new thread! Page 1.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,743

My complaint.......when the snow melts off your lawn and you realize how badly your new snow-blower threw the gravel from your driveway across the face of the lawn (untill you finally had it adjusted to the right height)......so many stones to rake out...soooooo many

RawArt said:

My complaint.......when the snow melts off your lawn and you realize how badly your new snow-blower threw the gravel from your driveway across the face of the lawn (untill you finally had it adjusted to the right height)......so many stones to rake out...soooooo many

Very complaint-worthy. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

RawArt said:

yeah...those snowblowers can be monsters.  and i guess it's kind of a given that your snowblower would be.

smiley

j

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Complaint - age related, have managed to compromise two organs which require opposite eating advice.  Eat raw fruits and vegetables.  Don't eat raw fruits and vegetables.  Vitamin C is good.  Vitamin C will exacerbate the bad.  Green leafy vegetables are good.  Green leafy vegetables are bad, especially if accompanied by vitamin C.  Fish is good.  Fish is bad.  Some of this is a temporary conflict, but it is most confusing and inconvenient.  And no alcohol until my blood returns close to normal.  

Non-complaint - have discovered some vintage Universal Studios serials.  Green Hornet, 1940.  The part of Kato was played by Keye Luke,   Many of you may remember him in his older years as the blind monk who asks David Carradine to snatch the pebble from his hand in Kung Fu.   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525601/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

RIP in peace old complaint thread. Happy birthday to the new one. Mother nature wrecked all three of my ice rinks :(

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited March 2021

Non-complaint:  Wheee... Sun's out.  Snow's all gone.  Still half decent weather before the next storm hits in a day or so.  We have a new thread, congratulations Charlie (Here come da Judge, here come da Judge) (another ancient person's TV trivia memory reference).  And stimulus money's been approved and in the works for this Wednesday (according to my bank).  Hoping to do some stimulating of the economy soon. 

So, to celebrate,  I've popped a bottle of bubbly, and opened a tin of sardines (or as I like to think of them, "parents of tiny caviar") to have on crackers (saltines), while I sit back in my easy chair playing Obduction for two or three hours and solving perhaps one or two more of its puzzles.  Wheee... yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2021

wind blew my lawn chair across the yard.  windyyyyy.  squirrels were laughing at me.

non complaint  hazelnut heaven.  we went food shopping at the german market.  got croissant lookin things with hazelnut inside.  wish i could share this scent over the innernet.  is heavenly.

weather issued a gale warning.

• Feels Like31°  WindNW 25 mph

• Feels Like0°  WindNW 40 km/h

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee... Sun's out.  Snow's all gone.  Still half decent weather before the next storm hits in a day or so.  We have a new thread, congratulations Charlie (Here come da Judge, here come da Judge) (another ancient person's TV trivia memory reference). 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...back to chilly and wet again. Grew too acclimated to fairly dry winters over the last several years that a normal one for here now seems abnormal.

Chohole said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee... Sun's out.  Snow's all gone.  Still half decent weather before the next storm hits in a day or so.  We have a new thread, congratulations Charlie (Here come da Judge, here come da Judge) (another ancient person's TV trivia memory reference). 

Well, that appears to predate what I was thinking of.  I was thinking of Sammy Davis Jr. in the '68-'73 show "Laugh-In" who obviously stole it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

RawArt said:

Or the shreds and schnitzels of that coupon clipper newspaper in a white bag the friggin' Newsday guy tossed in your driveway during a snowstorm... that's a keeper.
    That's always fun to suck into your snowblower.

edited March 2021

I think I found the source of Covid... The queen Covid pod...

Seriously, does that not look like a giant walnut size Covid virus?

Also...

Don't lick strange looking alien spore pods on a forest floor... now I have the desire to grow roots and sprout more spore pods...

It is good...

Join us...

Now...

Post edited by McGyver on

Non complaint... no snow as predicted so I went exploring with my girls...

Yes, we decided to explore the Dead Marshes... but we stayed on the path like Gollum suggested... at least I think it was Gollum... that or the park attendant really needs a makeover.

edited March 2021

McGyver said:

Also...

Don't lick strange looking alien spore pods on a forest floor... now I have the desire to grow roots and sprout more spore pods...

It is good...

Join us...

Now...

OMG!  It's an entangled transport seed come to take you to Hunrath in the game "Obduction". surprise   Don't touch it or you'll find yourself in a world where space loops back on itself and is intermixed with several other alien worlds, while you're given the task of watering the magic trees that drop the seeds..  

@LeatherGryphon... Great, now you tell me!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Also...

It is good...

Join us...

Now...

OMG!  It's an entangled transport seed come to take you to Hunrath in the game "Obduction". surprise   Don't touch it or you'll find yourself in a world where space loops back on itself and is intermixed with several other alien worlds, while you're given the task of watering the magic trees that drop the seeds..  

What did I touch that transported me to THIS incomprehensible world?

...oh yeah, only about 30 min to go here, but happy (and for those east of the left coast, a belated) π day.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

TJohn said:

Yes! Fourth Post in the new thread! Page 1.

Haha!  Love it!

Dana

edited March 2021

Fixmypcmike said:

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Also...

It is good...

Join us...

Now...

What did I touch that transported me to THIS incomprehensible world?

That, dear fellow, is the question that philosophers have been pondering since forever. indecision

...I thought it was the purple with pink polka dot pill. 

1 week to Spring.  too cold to open my door today. brrr

heard a rumour new stimulus started going out

mighy be enough for new stove or fridgerator

Bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff .

Sorry you win, I was just bluffing.

• It doesn't count as a "new" batch of freebies if it's the same ones that were literally just there a week ago. But at least it changed on the new week. 

Mystiarra said:

1 week to Spring.  too cold to open my door today. brrr

Yeah, what the hell was that this morning?... 25°F?...  Who's idea was that?...it was 68°F on Friday... No thank you cold.

Well, at least it didn't snow again.

Yet.

I put away my snowblower... it lives in a special shed/cart with its friend the generator... it's a bit awkward to put away, so I'm assuming it's going snow again because I went through the trouble of putting it back into storage.

So yes, when it snows again, it's my fault.

TJohn said:

Bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff bluff .

Sorry you win, I was just bluffing.

...same here.

This discussion has been closed.