PC+ Prices Now MOST $5- $7

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited April 2021 in The Commons

Did I miss it?  Was there an announcement for increasing the PC+ prices drastically? I remember the switch from PC to PC+ and  Instead of .99, the prices were going to  1.99 and ONLY COMPLICATED SETS WOULD BE MORE THAN $5 

Remember that promise? It was an official announcement thread.  But yeah, time passes, and I can see prices increasing.

But look at this-  Things crept to $3 (2.99)   But wait, not starting at $3, try $4. Nope, things on average are going $5, $6, and $7.  From what I'm seeing- where's the variety in prices? Where are all the 1.99 and 2.99 products?  We're seeing characters start at 6.99 and look at this for today- POSES are $4.00?   (3.99 may fool some people, but it's FOUR DOLLARS!!!!) 

So perhaps the argument of "quality increased" comes to mind. I don't know, I haven't rendered most of the things I got from PC and PC+ frankly. So I'm rather curious as to what your experiences have been? Has quality increased and do you think PC+ prices should average $5-$7 ?  

For me,  all I do is grab the freebies and I'm done, until sales drop these down to the $2 range or buying a "new release" is required for a great deal. 

Take a peek.  Basically, you've got $4 now instead of $2 (1.99)  as the STARTING PRICE on many of these. And apparently, even that is the minority of the products.

Paris HD for Genesis 8 Female

$6.99 $18.95 -64%   SO THAT IS $7

Garden Flowers - Low Res Nicotiana Plants

$4.99 $16.95 -71%     THAT IS $5

TVE Strider

$4.99 $18.95 -74%   THAT IS $5

Wool Tartan Cloth Iray Shaders

$3.99 $14.95 -74%    THAT IS $4

Leon HD for Genesis 8.1 Male

$6.99 $19.95 -65%   THAT IS $7

Sci-Fi Artifact 3

$5.99 $18.95 -69%   THAT IS $6

Alien Guard Outfit for Genesis 8 Male

$6.99 $19.95 -65%    THAT IS $7

Smoking Room 2020

Cookies And Cocoa Outfit for Genesis 8 Females

StarShip R02

$4.99 $16.95 -71%   THAT IS $5

dForce Royal Fashion for Genesis 8 Males

$6.99 $19.95 -65%    THAT IS $7    And the next few are $4 then go back to mixed (higher) prices.

Brilliant Brocades Iray Shaders

$3.99 $14.95 -74%

Modern House 2 Poses for Genesis 8

$3.99 $14.95 -74%

HDRI PhotoShoot

$3.99 $16.95 -77%

Grand Staircase Grandeur Poses for Genesis 8

$3.99 $14.95 -74%

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I noticed. This'll be my last go-round with PC.

Laurie

• I noticed. I think at least for clothes it's because everything is dforce now, so it's an excuse(SPECULATION) for it being more expensive. I pretty much just take the freebies too, unless it's something I really, really, really, really like.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

LOL @allenart  I love your signature. Tell us what you really think   devil

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,421

every time I state this, I'm told its not true. But it is. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I took out PC+ membership when it was significantly discounted but I doubt whether I will again. My old complaints are still the same: I can never find anything to use the vouchers for so they expire. I don't like the quality of most of the products offered at PC+ prices and now those prices are not even tempting. I'm starting to worry about DAZ. The schemes they are introducing to generate more profit seem to be less and less interesting (or more and more desperate). The only page I looked at during the recent March Madness was the PC for a Day prices which took about $25 in total from my bank account. At least I'm saving money these days.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...I pretty much always try to time a renewal when there is a sale on memberships.  I still value the freebies, discounts on DOs, (though since the introduction of G8 and 8.1 the pickings are getting slimmer), monthly coupons, and special discounts/offers during sales events. As long as I can time a renewal with a sale on memberships, I'll stick around for a while.  In the last few years the October PC Sale has become more important MM or annual PA Sale (due to gimmicks in the latter two) for me as I tend to fair much better there.

What primarily kept me in this year's MM sale was the PC+ For a Day and a few of the special DO offerings. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

We've evidently overstayed our welcome. There's a thoroughly flouridated new breed that has no idea that this isn't the way things should be. I don't think Daz understands that it's not a good deal if PC+ items cost more than regular items on sale.

It would be nice if there were an easy way to find the associated textures for a PC+ base outfit, but there's no easy way; there's no way at all---unless you come on the forums and ask someone to tell you. And once the ancients abandon ship, there will be no one left who knows.

I wish Daz had read a history book. This is how all companies hit icebergs: They abandon their base.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited April 2021

...so with all the long timer's here, wonder who remembers when the cost of an annual membership was 99$for the first time and then 69$ for subsequent renewals (the 99$ initial price also included a 35$ credit voucher)? Monthly vouchers could be used for up to half the price of a PA product or up to the full price for a DO item with no minimum purchase amount required.  If I recall correctly, 99¢ PC items were not eligible. 

Monthly/weekly freebies were also available to anyone, PC or non PC. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    y3kman said:

xyer0 said:

We've evidently overstayed our welcome. There's a thoroughly flouridated new breed that has no idea that this isn't the way things should be. I don't think Daz understands that it's not a good deal if PC+ items cost more than regular items on sale.

I wish Daz had read a history book. This is how all companies hit icebergs: They abandon their base.

I find this ironic coming from someone who bought DAZ's new season pass.

We stay because we still feel emotionally connected to DAZ, like an old friend who has betrayed you a million times but you still want to forgive him/her. But people change, the world changes. From a business aspect, if you can find a bunch of customers who don't look at price tags and buy whatever thrown at them, of course you will put most attention on them and keep pumping (or rushing...?) out products. Like someone in another thread told me "grief all you want" lol, although it still does not sit well with me
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i am saving a lot of money being out of PC+ now for a while

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,119
    edited April 2021

To address the initial point, saying 'all the prices have gone up' is a bit one sided. 

The type of content we put out has changed, and certainly the last few weeks - where yes, I have moved away from a model/outfit, texture add on, pose pack and shader 'mix' (so one higher priced item, one middle and two lower) to 4 bigger products.

I can certainly put out 4 x 2.99 items a week, but the sales data shows thats not what people want.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on

To address it the initial point, saying 'all the prices have gone up' is a bit one sided. 

The type of content we put out has changed, and certainly the last few weeks - where yes, I have moved away from a model/outfit, texture add on, pose pack and shader 'mix' (so one higher priced item, one middle and two lower) to 4 bigger products.

I can certainly put out 4 x 2.99 items a week, but the sales data shows thats not what people want.

Count me in as one of those interested as I always buy a lot when priced at 2.99 or less, you can check my purchase record ;-) I admit I am a cheapskate lol
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,515

CHWT said:

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

To address it the initial point, saying 'all the prices have gone up' is a bit one sided. 

Count me in as one of those interested as I always buy a lot when priced at 2.99 or less, you can check my purchase record ;-) I admit I am a cheapskate lol

There are sales on PC+ items. I highly recommend the PC+ program for people who want more content all the time and like to stretch their dollars.

Torquinox said:

CHWT said:

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

There are sales on PC+ items. I highly recommend the PC+ program for people who want more content all the time and like to stretch their dollars.

Yeah joined as soon as I was back to DAZ last year. You know what? My favorite perk is the BYOB $2.99 for 8 items (or $3.99 for 10? Can't recall) crazy sale. You can always pick something you like. Not sure if we still have them. When there is no sale on I just buy whatever I want MOST with my monthly coupon. So yes I always do DAZ math and I love doing it
    edited April 2021

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

To address the initial point, saying 'all the prices have gone up' is a bit one sided. 

Any sales data is subject to five or more variables impacting it on any given day. You have to account for a real sale, glitches, banner sales which discount the entire cart, and include the PC+ even when it isn't supposed to, Facebook codes, people using items JUST to trigger bigger discounts, people trying to reach the $18 mark to use the PC+ coupon, etc. 

I think a frequent one is people buying a PC+ item to count as "a new release" triggering a bigger sale.  But any of the reasons above may also be in play. And every day is different. Any or all of that on ANY day will skew your "data." Everything has to be equal every day for data to be compared. 

You can't say "Oh look, this price range does better than that price range." UNLESS ALL THE VARIABLES ARE THE SAME. If there's a glitch, or a stacking discount, sales are skewed. When there's a  discount code which stacks on the daily sales by mistake, it will skew any sales data you have. I'll pick up characters I don't really care about for their morphs when they're under two bucks, but I won't pay seven for them. Yet you show a sale.  Or just curious-  does your data show the prices ACTUALLY paid? 

But if you've stripped ALL the variables and statistically got the proof buyers want to pay more and have a variety, then sure, that's what you should do. You've always tried very hard to have a good club IMO.  The PC+ has other benefits than just the products and the freebies are exceptionally nice for the most part. There's sales on the items, but it's just sad I don't look at the new PC+ items anymore on Wednesdays. Again,  I grab the freebies and that's it. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,515

CHWT said:

Torquinox said:

CHWT said:

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

Yeah joined as soon as I was back to DAZ last year. You know what? My favorite perk is the BYOB $2.99 for 8 items (or $3.99 for 10? Can't recall) crazy sale. You can always pick something you like. Not sure if we still have them. When there is no sale on I just buy whatever I want MOST with my monthly coupon. So yes I always do DAZ math and I love doing it

Excellent! laugh

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Novica said:

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

Any sales data is subject to five or more variables impacting it on any given day. You have to account for a real sale, glitches, banner sales which discount the entire cart, and include the PC+ even when it isn't supposed to, Facebook codes, people using items JUST to trigger bigger discounts, people trying to reach the $18 mark to use the PC+ coupon, etc.  You have to account for people buying a PC+ items to count as "a new release" triggering a bigger sale so people buy things they are "meh" about. All of that on ANY day will skew your "data." Everything has to be equal every day for data to be compared. 

You can't say "Oh look, this price range does better than that price range." UNLESS ALL THE VARIABLES ARE THE SAME. If there's a glitch, or a stacking discount, sales are skewed. When there's a  discount code which stacks on the daily sales by mistake, it will skew any sales data you have. I'll pick up characters I don't really care about for their morphs when they're under two bucks, but I won't pay seven for them. Yet you show a sale.  Or just curious-  does your data show the prices ACTUALLY paid? 

But if you've stripped ALL the variables and statistically got the proof buyers want to pay more and have a variety, then sure, that's what you should do. You've always tried very hard to have a good club IMO.  The PC+ has other benefits than just the products and the freebies are exceptionally nice for the most part. There's sales on the items, but it's just sad I don't look at the new PC+ items anymore on Wednesdays. Again,  I grab the freebies and that's it. 

PC+ is still worth it at the moment, though I don't necessarily get the full set anymore each week, and if the freebie is as much of a polygon fest as the spray cans, and it's something I can model myself at a small fraction of the size should I need something like it, I'll skip that too. External harddisks aren't exactly free either, and even free files take up space...

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Nath said:

PC+ is still worth it at the moment, though I don't necessarily get the full set anymore each week, and if the freebie is as much of a polygon fest as the spray cans, and it's something I can model myself at a small fraction of the size should I need something like it, I'll skip that too. External harddisks aren't exactly free either, and even free files take up space...

The spray cans too?! I'm getting sick of the freebies being unreasonably high poly.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

certaintree38 said:

Nath said:

The spray cans too?! I'm getting sick of the freebies being unreasonably high poly.

Apparently, yes. See here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6638176/#Comment_6638176

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

To a great extent, I think Daz is looking at sales data over the past year and thinking it's due to their amazing marketing savvy, when much of it is likely due to people being stuck at home and looking for things to do.  Once things open up again and we will have many other things to spend money on out in the real world, and that time will come, my guess is that sales will decline.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131

I almost never buy PC+ items these days. I have been so disappointed in the quality of so many of them in the past, I just gave up on them. So, I haven't even paid attention to the price inflation. For me, PC+ is about 30% discount on DOs. But my spending on those is also way way down. When my membership expires, I'll have to evaluate whether it is time to quit. indecision It will depend on the renewal price at the time, I suppose.

Note the link Nath posted is to a PC+ forum (members only.)  There is a list of a few products in one post which details large polygon counts (and UVs which don't match up.) 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,307
    edited April 2021

xyer0 said:

It would be nice if there were an easy way to find the associated textures for a PC+ base outfit, but there's no easy way; there's no way at all---unless you come on the forums and ask someone to tell you. And once the ancients abandon ship, there will be no one left who knows.

I agree.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,307

barbult said:

I almost never buy PC+ items these days. I have been so disappointed in the quality of so many of them in the past, I just gave up on them. So, I haven't even paid attention to the price inflation. For me, PC+ is about 30% discount on DOs. But my spending on those is also way way down. When my membership expires, I'll have to evaluate whether it is time to quit. indecision It will depend on the renewal price at the time, I suppose.

+1

• Also while I'm here, I will also state (before someone else makes the assumption) that no, it will not be like that every week.. some weeks might just have one big, three small.. or a mix thereof.  There is no set ratio.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I just re-upped for a year in PC+ but it was mainly to get the discounts for new 3DU and other PA products and IA licenses. There is plenty of new PC+ I like but it's just too expensive for me now (and I have older versions already for most of it anyway).

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,043
    edited April 2021

I would like to pipe up as a Non PC+ member.

One reason (of two) for me not going for PC+ membership is that the price of PC+ items is invisible to me. As I am not one who is prepared to gamble in any way, shape or form (I cannot even bring myself to play poker for matchsticks), I regard that as a gamble for me & it's not one I am ever going to take.

The second reason for no PC+ membership is the fact membership cost isn't far from my total annual spend here, and buying the right to a discount really doesn't make financial sense at that spend level. It is especially true when you consider that the discounted price I'd be paying is a complete gamble as I have absolutely no visibility on it whatsoever.

Renderosity Prime is streets ahead on this to me, every appicable item has 2 prices, the non-prime & the prime price. Visibility is absolute, guesswork is nil. It's possible if the company wants to do it. Daz doesn't, or it would already be visible.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

One reason (of two) for me not going for PC+ membership is that the price of PC+ items is invisible to me. As I am not one who is prepared to gamble in any way, shape or form (I cannot even bring myself to play poker for matchsticks), I regard that as a gamble for me & it's not one I am ever going to take.

The second reason for no PC+ membership is the fact membership cost isn't far from my total annual spend here, and buying the right to a discount really doesn't make financial sense at that spend level. It is especially true when you consider that the discounted price I'd be paying is a complete gamble as I have absolutely no visibility on it whatsoever.

Renderosity Prime is streets ahead on this to me, every appicable item has 2 prices, the non-prime & the prime price. Visibility is absolute, guesswork is nil. It's possible if the company wants to do it. Daz doesn't, or it would already be visible.

Regards,

Richard.

Interesting feedback, thanks..

We've always had the 'Save x on this order' on the checkout page..  is that something you've not noticed, or do you feel doesnt have the same impact as seeing the PC pricing on the product pages?

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 165

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard.

I did not know that Renderosity had a Prime - just had to go and check it out. What a great deal!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

richardandtracy said:

One reason (of two) for me not going for PC+ membership is that the price of PC+ items is invisible to me.

This is the reason why we are showing both (PC+ and non-PC+) historical prices in the browser addon for non PC+ members, so people can see how much they could save if they became a PC+ member.