Making an object move/morph dependent on another object

I want to start off with saying that I am not talking about just parenting objects. At least I think I am not.

I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered by I am not even sure what terms to search for it with. I am trying to make a model that is comprised of smaller objects. I want certain objects to move based on other objects, but not simple parenting.

For instance: Object 1 increases its Y translation linearly as object 2 rotates along the Z axis.

For more spacifics, I am trying to rig something similar to a shoulder's scapula, if that helps.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I know you can do that in Blender, using drivers.

Daz Studio has similar functionality called JCMs, but I haven't messed with them too much so I can't say how capable they are for what you want.

• it's easier to do that sort of thing in a figure, but you can do it in the Property Hierarchy pane by having both items selected, putting the Parameters pane in Edit mode (right-click menu), opening the Property Hierarchy, finding one of the properties in the Proeprty Hierarchy (you can do that by right-click in Parameters) and dragging the other across to its cintrollers (if the property you are dragging is the master) or sub-components (if slave) section, then adjusting the settings as needed. Save a scene to preserve the links.