A couple questions about DAZ Studio UI and functions

mayuki-sanmayuki-san Posts: 6
edited April 2021 in New Users

hello! i recently started using daz and i have a couple questions, im used to blender and t heres a couple crucial things i want to know for a better workflow

1 how do i use my 2monitors for 2seperate windows of daz without a new instance? i would like to have my camera viewport on my right monitor and base of the scene and general things on my left monitor

2 im used to be able to use keyboard hotkeys for moving my transform/rotate/scale axis but i seem to be only being able to move them by clicking, this makes the workflow incredible tedious and slow

i would love to have these questions answered since i could not find any solutions i could understand on googl

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited April 2021

1 how do i use my 2monitors for 2seperate windows of daz without a new instance? i would like to have my camera viewport on my right monitor and base of the scene and general things on my left monitor

In the corner of every pane, there's a little icon with a bunch of horizontal lines. Click that, and it should give an option to "undock" or something like that.

2 im used to be able to use keyboard hotkeys for moving my transform/rotate/scale axis but i seem to be only being able to move them by clicking, this makes the workflow incredible tedious and slow

Yes.

Yes, it does.

smiley

Good luck!

Post edited by margrave on
  • I'm nort sure what you mean by 2.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Richard Haseltine said:

I'm nort sure what you mean by 2.

In Blender, you can press "G" to translate, "R" to rotate, and "S" to scale. You can then press "X", "Y", or "Z" to constrain the motion to a particular axis. You can also double tap it to switch between global and local orientation. There's also "Ctrl" to enable snapping.

Daz only allows you to use the widgets to move something, and you have to navigate to the Tool Settings menu every time you need to switch the orientation or enable snapping.

Right now, simple transforms in Daz take five times longer than in Blender due to mouse imprecision when selecting a widget axis and general UI navigation.

I've been meaning to look into changing the keymapping and transform behavior so it replicates Blender, but the lack of proper documentation keeps putting me off. If you have any tips, I'm all ears.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

and then you have DS users that hate keyboard commands and have never really gotten a grasp of Blender because of it, LOL

• margrave said:

In the corner of every pane, there's a little icon with a bunch of horizontal lines. Click that, and it should give an option to "undock" or something like that.

Yes.

Yes, it does.

smiley

Good luck!

thank you for your answers! a real shame about not being able to use the keyboard for transforms though