Stonemason's Courtyard Italia

GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Thanks, Stonemason, this looks amazing!
Be awhile before I can work with it, but had to pick it up today!

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    Yes. The Stoneman gets better each time! Hey Stefan, if you could do another "Streets of" maybe do Rome or Milan? I just got done watching "The Violent Professionals" 1973 and it gave me some ideas.
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

Greymom said:

Thanks, Stonemason, this looks amazing!
    Be awhile before I can work with it, but had to pick it up today!

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

tsarist said:

Yes. The Stoneman gets better each time! Hey Stefan, if you could do another "Streets of" maybe do Rome or Milan? I just got done watching "The Violent Professionals" 1973 and it gave me some ideas.

Streets of Rome is absolutely on the to-do list! 

• Stonemason+Italy= take my money and shut up! Bought courtyard on D1... And now hyped for Rome! Thanks SM for your awesome works!
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Paintbox said:

Link for the curious : https://www.daz3d.com/courtyard-italia

Tks! Will consider it when the NFTs are gone...

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Stonemason said:

tsarist said:

Ancient, modern, or both? 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Sven Dullah said:

Paintbox said:

Link for the curious : https://www.daz3d.com/courtyard-italia

Tks! Will consider it when the NFTs are gone...

Same here. I would have been an instant buy, but.... I wishlisted it for now ;). 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Stonemason said:

tsarist said:

Stefan,

Bought and downloaded.  This will work perfectly with my vaguely Tolkienesq fantasy multiverse.  

Which version of Rome are you doing?  Ancient?  Modern? 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    margrave said:

Stonemason said:

tsarist said:

Ancient, modern, or both? 

Hell, both if I could get him to do it! For my purposes right now, modern would be the thing. Been watching a lot of "Eurocrime" again lately, so that's what would bring my work to life.

tsarist said:

Hell, both if I could get him to do it! For my purposes right now, modern would be the thing. Been watching a lot of "Eurocrime" again lately, so that's what would bring my work to life.

While I'd like to see both too, I think I'd prefer ancient. The store is jam-packed with medieval/fantasy stuff, but there's a definite lack of classical environments.

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

Howbout 'Streets of San Francisco'

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,602
    edited April 2021

I would go bananas to see what SM could do with a medieval village set. Giggity. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

melissastjames said:

I would go bananas to see what SM could do with a medieval village set. Giggity. 

I second that!!

melissastjames said:

This sounds like an even better idea than ancient Rome.

Cheers,

Alex. 

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

It doesn't, because there's already plenty of them. The PA Faveral alone has about eight of them.

But there are no Roman/Greek city sets whatsoever, aside from some nasty-looking pre-Iray models of simple temples.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

This set goes well with The Streets Of Venice.  Beautiful work.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Looking forward to "The Streets of Rome" — The Streets of Venice is one of my favorite environments from Stonemason!

edited April 2021

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

It doesn't, because there's already plenty of them. The PA Faveral alone has about eight of them.

But there are no Roman/Greek city sets whatsoever, aside from some nasty-looking pre-Iray models of simple temples.

Faveral has some gorgeous medieval castles and upper class streets and cities that make me think of Nilfgaard a la' The Witcher and that yes I have purchased. I'm more talking about hovels and stables and bustling marketplaces with vendors hawking their wares and whatnot...like 'salt of the earth' type stuff, stuff like you'd see in Skyrim...or in Middle Earth (but not just Hobbits)...but like...just check out anything that the artist 'Dante78' puts out on the other site (good grief I wish they'd start supporting Daz3D and Iray because I'm entirely too lazy to convert everything one piece at a time). Pretty much the stuff that Rogey and Strangefate have done, but so far only interiors. I know they said exteriors are coming but I can't WAIT! 

Post edited by MelissaGT on

melissastjames said:

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Faveral has some gorgeous medieval castles and upper class streets and cities that make me think of Nilfgaard a la' The Witcher and that yes I have purchased. I'm more talking about hovels and stables and bustling marketplaces with vendors hawking their wares and whatnot...like 'salt of the earth' type stuff, stuff like you'd see in Skyrim...or in Middle Earth (but not just Hobbits)...but like...just check out anything that the artist 'Dante78' puts out on the other site (good grief I wish they'd start supporting Daz3D and Iray because I'm entirely too lazy to convert everything one piece at a time). Pretty much the stuff that Rogey and Strangefate have done, but so far only interiors. I know they said exteriors are coming but I can't WAIT! 

Faveral's stuff is good but he isn't in quite the same league as Stonemason.  I, too, eagerly await Rogey and Strangfate's contributions in this area.

Cheers,

Alex. 

melissastjames said:

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Faveral's stuff is good but he isn't in quite the same league as Stonemason.  I, too, eagerly await Rogey and Strangfate's contributions in this area.

Cheers,

Alex. 

melissastjames said:

I agree it'd be nice to see a Stonemason medieval set, but I've had a Roman-themed project stuck on the backburner for a while now, simply because there's nothing for me to make it with. I'm about ready to drop a few hundred dollars at one of the higher-end content sites just to get the assets I need. I looked at Dante78's stuff, and while it is good, it's the exact same generic medieval stuff there's a surfeit of right now.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

melissastjames said:

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Have you tried the Content Package Assist program, I think it does batch conversions as well? Here's the link just in case: https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

Love Stonemason sets too, by the by, my very first 'big' environment from DAZ was Streets of Old London. Still think it's one of the most beautiful sets out there. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited April 2021

Content Package Assist makes installation packages. It is not a converter of any kind.

Post edited by barbult on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    edited April 2021

I have used a number of Dante78s products, and I find they convert to Iray with minimal effort. The bigger issue, at least for me, is that many of the props are merged into a single obj, so are a pain to move around independently without having to first use the geometry editor to split them up.

Post edited by Havos on

tsroemi said:

melissastjames said:

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Have you tried the Content Package Assist program, I think it does batch conversions as well? Here's the link just in case: https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

Love Stonemason sets too, by the by, my very first 'big' environment from DAZ was Streets of Old London. Still think it's one of the most beautiful sets out there. 

I'm referring to having to convert a set with hundreds of pieces from 3DL to Iray. And unfortunately, the RSSY batch converter doesn't work so well...you still have to go through and tweak the settings for each surface.  

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

melissastjames said:

tsroemi said:

melissastjames said:

margrave said:

alexhcowley said:

melissastjames said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

I'm referring to having to convert a set with hundreds of pieces from 3DL to Iray. And unfortunately, the RSSY batch converter doesn't work so well...you still have to go through and tweak the settings for each surface.  

Sometimes, when my muse has skipped off somewhere (which seems like all the time lately), this is exactly what I do. Go thru and convert older sets...lol. I use the coverter to get it started and tweak what I see needs tweaking. It can be drudgery, but fortunately I like playing with shaders and materials, so it's not so bad :P 

• @Stonemason Your stuff has always been of the highest quality, and I agree with the others... you just get better and better.

Do you plan to ever produce anything like the Art Nouveau of Tolkien-esque Elven architecture, or vaguely Gothic Drow Elven architecture? I salivate at the thought.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

The Italia Courtyard is very attractive in all its angles. For me, it also resonates with Southern California's diverse architecture such as the Italianate, and Spanish inflences. Has a timeless quality that is appealing.  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited April 2021

...this was an instant buy as I have all the other Italy/Mediterranean themed sets, and it goes well with all of them.

As always, very pleased. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on