3rd Party Content Issues

Hi everyone.  New to DAZ and 3D modelling, not all that computer literate.  Several different problems with using my installed 3rd party content in the Content Library.  Have looked everywhere for effective tutorials and forum advice on this issue, but can't find anything.  (1) at least 60% of it flashes up the (multiple) missing runtime files window and what arrives is all grey blocks. (2) Much of the stuff doesn't even appear as an icon - or if it does, I get the triangle/exclamation mark symbol.  

File not found 1.PNG
249 x 288 - 9K

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

What are you trying to install?  Some third-party models are made to work in Daz Studio, and some are made for other software.  The two types have to be handled differently.

• I strongly suspect that you have placed the content in the wrong place - that screen shot would be more useful if it showed folder names, but my guess is it's something like somefolder/data/author/product/item/UV Sets/default.dsf. The Data and Runtime folders from the zip need to go in the actual content directory folder, not a subfolder, at which point they would be invisible in the Content Library (theya re not intended to be seen by you, which would be why they lack thumbnail images) but would be found correctly when the files you are meant to see (/people/Genesis something/Clothing/Product/) asks for them by their location within the content directory.