.DUF pose preset not working [Solved]

JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

I have a pose set bought from a vendor on another site that is behaving oddly and it's not immediately obvious to me why. The set should load a G8 pose and smart prop but when it is selected all it does is load the prop and the figure stays in the default position. I've tried re-installing and everything and, yes, the figure is selcted befire clicking on the DUF file. I've also looked at the file via Notepad and cannot see anything especially odd about it. The vendor assures me that others have not experienced this problem but I don't get this issue with any other vendor-created pose set (and I have plenty). I'm on DAZ 4.15.0.2 and whilst I've deiberately not provided too many details on the specific files/ pose set in question, if anyone has any pointers or (sensible) suggestions as to what might be worth investigating - or has experienced anything similar - then I would welcome your thoughts. Yes, I could get a refund on the purchase but would rather try and figure out whether there is a workable solution first.

Post edited by Jansilla on

Comments

• Are there multiple items in the product? It sounds as if you may have a wearables preset for loadign the prop, after which you need to aply the Hierarchical Pose preset.

• JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard. There are multiple items. I shall try loading the wearables first and then try applying the pose - and see whether that works...

OK. Loaded the figure, loaded the clothing and props, tried to load the poses... still no dice. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Different vendors take different approaches to things.  Without knowing the vendor, it's really hard to guess at what might work.  I've had issues with some vendors' props not doing what I expected, but the poses themselves usually work.  This case sounds pretty weird.

Well, I think I've solved it, after digging into the DUF file via Notepad and a bit of trial and error. The file type, as supplied, was set to "wearable" but as soon as I change this to "preset_pose" - which is what you might expect on a pose file - then it applies the pose to the figure. It doesn't explain why the files didn;t work for me but supposedly did for others - is there a sensitivity between DS versions to treatment of this setting, perhaps?

At least it means I can now hang onto the pose pack and make it work via a simple edit. I'll also let the vendor know so that the product can be changed or at least advice provided should anyone else encounter the same issue.

• A wearables should be able to apply a pose if there is one in there. Are you using the figure the set was originally made for?

I was using Genesis 8, which is the figure the pack was supposedly designed for. I thought it odd that simply changing the file type should make a difference so there's probably more to it than that.