[Released] Beverly HD for Brooke 8.1 (Commercial)

MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

Beverly is in the store! https://www.daz3d.com/beverly-hd-for-brooke-81

BeverlyforBrooke_Preview1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1003K
BeverlyforBrooke_Preview2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 825K
BeverlyforBrooke_Preview3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 745K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by Mechasar on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606
    edited April 2021

Looks great I think she (Brooke) looks a lot better as a toon type like your Beverly

Post edited by jedijudd on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

I like everything about Beverly HD far, far more than Brooke herself - Nice job!.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

So, Beverly's a tease.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I like her shes very cute but her elbows are very bumpy.

Daventaki said:

I agree her elbows are very bumpy, but "Elbow Shaming" made me snicker.

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181
    edited April 2021

Daventaki said:

As you know, in DAZ Studio you can reduce the value of bump and normal maps as you wish, BUT whereas you are always in time to lower a heavy map, you can find it hard to increase a soft map (sometime with very bad results). This is why we prefer to show you the highest level of details a character can reach, even when he/she may look extreme. The second point is, we are all used to seeing the skin of our elbow gets smoothed by itself when we bend our forearm. Unfortunately this is not yet possible with a static texture/map. That said, I updated the preview#1 to let you see the result when you lower her normal map. Anyway, thanks for your appreciation, and I hope you are not interested in “elbow close-ups” photography ;)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Mechasar said:

Daventaki said:

As you know, in DAZ Studio you can reduce the value of bump and normal maps as you wish, BUT whereas you are always in time to lower a heavy map, you can find it hard to increase a soft map (sometime with very bad results). This is why we prefer to show you the highest level of details a character can reach, even when he/she may look extreme. The second point is, we are all used to seeing the skin of our elbow gets smoothed by itself when we bend our forearm. Unfortunately this is not yet possible with a static texture/map. That said, I updated the preview#1 to let you see the result when you lower her normal map. Anyway, thanks for your appreciation, and I hope you are not interested in “elbow close-ups” photography ;)

No worries theres always ways to work around and she will be in my cart when I can pick her up after release! 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

She looks very cute, and I love the glasses :)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767
    edited April 2021

Ohhhhhhhhh... she looks amazing!

I wasn't gonna get Brooke; she's a fine character but not one I really need. But now I might just have to change my mind...

Post edited by Hylas on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

She much cuter as a toon than the original figure. I like the body on the original, but the face is...urgh. Yours is cute :).

Laurie

Beverly is on the way! Meanwhile, what about a new haircut in preview#3 ;) 

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

She looks amazing.  I think she desrtves a quote...

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,150

Since she is out now could anybody do a render of her without Brooke. Thanks in advance!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Since she is out now could anybody do a render of her without Brooke. Thanks in advance!

+1
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited May 2021

Nope... I dialed out Brooke, and will not spent the time to do a render.

Beverly uses Brooke dialed at 100%, so without the Brooke morph active the result is less than ideal.

On a side note, here is a quick render of this wonderful new character!

Beverly001.png
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on

Thank you all for your apreciation!

JamesJAB said:

Nope... I dialed out Brooke, and will not spent the time to do a render.

Beverly uses Brooke dialed at 100%, so without the Brooke morph active the result is less than ideal.

On a side note, here is a quick render of this wonderful new character!

Well, I am sure she looks best with Brooke dialed in. Nevetheless I don't own Brooke yet. Will probably get her once she's out of new and getting a higher discount but would therefore like to know how Beverly looks without her for the moment. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

Wow, wow - this character is so beautiful. Now, I regret, that I do not have Brooke...

As JamesJAB said, Beverly uses Brooke morphs at 100%. The result without Brooke is an unnatural body. Even if you want to mix the Beverly body shape with your other characters, she needs the Brooke body morph in the same percentage. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

Mechasar said:

As JamesJAB said, Beverly uses Brooke morphs at 100%. The result without Brooke is an unnatural body. Even if you want to mix the Beverly body shape with your other characters, she needs the Brooke body morph in the same percentage. 

Congrats on the release. You are one of my favorite artists. Fantastic work on her.

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    I still would like to see her head morph without Brooke...
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

She's heyaaaaaaa

I like the character very much. Only thing which makes me wonder is that the muscles on her back, especially lower back are quite articulated. Can those be dialed out a bit as those do IMO not perfectly fit her overall shape?

• Pantros2Pantros2 Posts: 74

I love the character but I need to know.

Does this character's material cover gens? Or is this an incomplete character (Barbie Doll)?

I don't see gen mats listed but sometimes the character's "full" base mat covers gens.

As some of you are demanding, here’s two test pictures about using Beverly shapes without the required Brooke 8.1 morphs. Beverly needs the same percentage of Brooke 8.1 morphs because Brooke 8.1 is the first layer of mass on which Beverly character has been designed. As you can see from these pictures Beverly Body with 0% of Brooke 8.1 Body morph is definitely an unnatural shape. Maybe you’ll still be able to use Beverly Head morph as a new head shape, but that’s not the Beverly face you are seeing in the promos.

BeverlyforBrooke_Test1.jpg
    2400 x 800 - 886K
    BeverlyforBrooke_Test2.jpg
    1845 x 800 - 390K
    edited May 2021

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I like the character very much. Only thing which makes me wonder is that the muscles on her back, especially lower back are quite articulated. Can those be dialed out a bit as those do IMO not perfectly fit her overall shape?

I thought I designed curves, not muscles :) Nope, this character doesn’t include smoothers for every part of the body. There is only one smoother for each leg, that will help you to smooth the groin spot when you bend and spread her leg at the same time (you can find them in: Parameters/Actor/Legs/Beverly Leg Bend-Side Smoother).

• Pantros2Pantros2 Posts: 74

Pantros2 said:

Does this character's material cover gens? Or is this an incomplete character (Barbie Doll)?

I don't see gen mats listed but sometimes the character's "full" base mat covers gens.

I dug deeper and found my own answer: 

• /Runtime/Textures/Mechasar/Beverly/Beverly _Genitalia_D.jpg

• /Runtime/Textures/Mechasar/Beverly/Beverly _Genitalia_N.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Mechasar/Beverly/Beverly _Genitalia_S.jpg

• /Runtime/Textures/Mechasar/Beverly/Beverly _Genitalia_T.jpg

Knowing this - my friend who totally roasted Mechasar on his blog will have to rewrite his entry today.

Happy with the figure, but unhappy that I have to remember the artist to find the materials. I understand branding and all but just put the character folder under the character name. Instead of /Characters/Mechasar/Beverly go with Characters/Beverly-Mechasar  - it maintains branding and makes the character materials locatable without digging.

Pantros2 said:

Yes, in this case the character includes both maps and shape for that. Once you added the "Genesis 8 Female Genitalia" on you character you just need to load the "Beverly All Maps" on it.
    I also suggest you to use her proper shape. There are 2 morphs that you should use at the same time: the first one is on the character (it's needed to shape her pelvis), the second one is on the anatomical element (it's needed to give it the special Beverly's gens shape). You can find the first morph in: "Parameters/Actor/Hip/Beverly Pelvis for Genital". The second one is located in:"Parameters/Actor/Beverly Genital Shape". No matter the order you trigger them. Just remeber: be always sure to use the same HD level for character and anatomical elements, whatever your character. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I adore this figure, Mechasar! Amazing work.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

She's very cute. Since Daz seems to be going stylized with the new 8.1s anyway...THIS is what Brooke should have been out of the box ;).

Laurie