Deepsea Appreciation!

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,345
edited April 2021 in The Commons

I'm taking the recent release of Deepsea's hare (https://www.daz3d.com/caesar-the-hare-for-daz-dog-8) as an opportunity to start this appreciation thread as I couldn't find any on Deepsea yet. I really admire this vendor's work so much, I love the characters, their beautifully soft skins, and especially the animals. I have the deer, the falcon, the eagle, the elephant, the cows of course, and now the hare - finally, the first hare / rabbit creature to hit the store since Noggin's poor little creature! Yay!

It simply amazes me what Deepsea's able to create just with morphs, with Tane the old deer from DAZ horse before and now with Caesar, from DAZ dog. And they always put so much thought into the little details, like fluffy ear hairs and these things. While the hare has quite a strong comic touch which I personally wouldn't have needed, I think it's easy enough to morph out and/or just not use the toony smile expression. I will probably put on more visible whiskers, like from AM's mouse. The fur is quite realistic in its coloring, we see a lot of hares like that out in the country (Europe) where I live. The only thing I'm not so much a fan of with Caesar are the poses, they are basically dog ones. Hares simply don't run, or sit, or sleep like that. I was a bit disappointed about them, because they made me feel as if research had maybe been lacking a bit. But they can probably be adapted easily enough, so I don't really mind much. Apart from the poses, I think it's a very, very satisfying hare, just like all the other Deepsea animals. Will try to post a test render for those on the fence soonish.

Of the characters, I'm most in love with the toddler twins, they're the sweetest and most realistic kids for that age group in the store I think. Again, they have such adorable little details built in, like how they are really much alike and still have completely different expressions, just from subtle nuances in their face morphs. You don't see such levels of detail work often I feel. With all of Deepsea's characters and animals, I always get the feeling they really enjoyed creating them and have like, emotionals bonds with them, you know. Like virtual children. One just feels all the caring that went into them.

Thanks Deepsea!

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• What size is the hare in relation to a human figure? Is it actually hare sized or is it the same size as the dog? I like it, but none of the promos give a sense of scale.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,345
    edited April 2021

zombietaggerung said:

What size is the hare in relation to a human figure? Is it actually hare sized or is it the same size as the dog? I like it, but none of the promos give a sense of scale.

Size looks appropriate to me, hares being much bigger than rabbits generally. I'm attaching a real quick Iray preview just for the size (am on the laptop right now, no chance of a complete render). Does that help you?

Edit: Figure is G8F Lyra.

HareSize.png
    324 x 525 - 1003K
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • tsroemi said:

zombietaggerung said:

What size is the hare in relation to a human figure? Is it actually hare sized or is it the same size as the dog? I like it, but none of the promos give a sense of scale.

Size looks appropriate to me, hares being much bigger than rabbits generally. I'm attaching a real quick Iray preview just for the size (am on the laptop right now, no chance of a complete render). Does that help you?

Edit: Figure is G8F Lyra.

It does, thank you very much.

• DeepseaDeepsea Posts: 119

Good day

It might be ridiculous but I try to work with my heart and my sensitivity. What you say about my himble work touches me very much and I thank you for it.

Deepsea

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,345

Deepsea said:

Good day

It might be ridiculous but I try to work with my heart and my sensitivity. What you say about my himble work touches me very much and I thank you for it.

Deepsea

You're very much welcome, keep up the great work! 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

As another PA, PAs like Deepsea really inspire me to push the envelope. Kudos.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

I love your work. And the new hare is on my wishlist.

Thank you so much for all you have done for us.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

The latest creation of Deepsea is absolutely amazing and well done.

Congrats on such remarkable creation.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I was very happy to buy the hare.