Creatures of the Abyss Bundle

I love this kind of stuff https://www.daz3d.com/creatures-of-the-abyss-bundle thanks JoLab1985 for all of your creatures they look great

Comments

• DKriegerDKrieger Posts: 66

Agreed!  Instant buy.  Can't wait to play with these monsters once I have some time, but looks incredible, couldn't resist!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Love it and of course had to tinker

Obviously the mount of the Abyss' shape isn't available to the centaur, but I found the texture evocative enough (plus most of the mount's weirdness is concentrated where the human part is on a centaur).

• JoLab doing good work again.

Metadata is a little wonky on the dude? At least, that's the case for me. He's filed under "Creatures", and Smart Content does not associate him with G8M stuff (Poses, Smart Props, etc.)... so that is a little tiresome.

Also, for those who are wondering... Yes, he comes with Anatomical Elements textures.

devil

/haven't loaded the female yet... need to get some stuff done

Blurst: I've noticed with this and a few recent DIM installations that it seems to break associations, and I've had to reinstall starter essentials. After that, it works fine.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited April 2021

Oso3D said:

Blurst: I've noticed with this and a few recent DIM installations that it seems to break associations, and I've had to reinstall starter essentials. After that, it works fine.

Cool, I'll have to try that.

That centaur is a great idea...

EDIT: my 5-second render took a different direction, however.

I wanted to try a more toon-ized version, so here he is. I used Underbelly's body and 3d Universe's Toon Gen 4 to get him into toon-style dimensions. (I'll have to dial out that face, though.)

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • They are fantastic creatures (in any sense of the word), I just wish there was a way to close the "head mouths."

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153

I'm thinking it might be fun to use the tendrils from Oso3D's Moonling with the 'head mouths'...

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

I would've loved this, but I've had to prioritise other things. 

• Okay, slightly better cartoonish version.

• Is the head a separate morph from the body, want to know if I can use other heads or how flexible this character is?

• ShadowSkillz said:

Is the head a separate morph from the body, want to know if I can use other heads or how flexible this character is?

There are separate Head HD and Body HD morphs, but no separate HD morph... at least that is the case for the male figure. I have not tried the female figure.

And another spin, with RawArt's Wyrm Man:

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 795
    Oso3D said:

And another spin, with RawArt's Wyrm Man:

That has a "Here's Johnny" kind of vibe. Cool. ;-)