Daz Studio Not Opening After Splash Art

Daz Studio Not Opening After Splash Art 
I've recently been trying to open up Daz Studio, but the splash art appears for a brief moment then goes away again, with this included gif from using my gyazo software https://gyazo.com/c66876e4cf8521f96576cf25aa332fdb this is an example of what happens, what kind of fix can I do for this?

I've tried

• uninstalling and reinstalling
  • removing my files (gonna hate to reinstall all again)
  • Uninstalling daz central and install manager
  • I've made sure graphics card drivers are fully up to date

Also to note, When I try to sign into my Install Manager, it does the exact same thing, I press sign in and it just closes itself. Daz Central will load, that's about the limits of it all

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

Was it working before, and was it set to sign in on launch? Whata re your system specificatiosn, and what security software are you using? Have you checked the log file: %AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/log.txt

• jason1593jason1593 Posts: 5

It was working about a month ago when I was last having a play around with models, decided to come back to it this week, and it's just not working now, Yeah it is set to sign in on launch, as I've never entered my login after it's opened

Specs

• CPU 11th gen i5-11600k (recent upgrade)
    • GPU RTX 3090
    • 32GB RAM (recently upgraded from 16GB)

Security software: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (Purchased about 2-3 weeks ago)

Reading the Logs now, there's a lot that say "not initialized" for example 

• 2021-05-06 18:14:39.662 GL_NV_shader_atomic_float64 : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.662 GL_NV_shader_atomic_fp16_vector : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.662 GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64 : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.662 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.662 GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.663 GL_NV_shader_subgroup_partitioned : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.663 GL_NV_shader_texture_footprint : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.663 GL_NV_shading_rate_image : NOT INITIALIZED
    • 2021-05-06 18:14:39.663 GL_NV_stereo_view_rendering : NOT INITIALIZED

The last few lines of the logs say about loading plugin-ins then it's back to the next time I try start it up again

Some people have been having crash on log-in. I'm not sure how to turn the auto-log-in off from outside DS. Bitdefender doesn't sound familiar as the suite others have been using, though if it's a newish isntall it would seem suspicious.

edited May 2021

I'll check if I can disable bitdefender and get back to you if that's causing the issue

Edit: Disabling bitdefender did nothing to it

Post edited by jason1593 on
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Do you have multiple monitors?  I've noticed what seems to be a bug in the way newest Windows10 update interacts with the newest NVIDIA drivers.  Programs will open on random monitors, sometimes monitors that are not even on but plugged in.  Maybe this will help.

Yeah I have 2 monitors, It's not appearing on either, I just quickly made a new account to login to on my pc, tried to login to my daz account on daz studio there, it did the same thing, as soon as I opened it in offline mode, it opened all the way, so it appears that whenever my daz account logs in, it crashes and closes studio or install manager down, but doesn't affect central

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited May 2021

That seems to be a problem for a bunch of people on the forum today.  I don't usually log in at all.  If you've figured out how to get DAZ to open offline to circumvent whatever the problem is, there's a bunch of folks trying to figure out how to get that done on a few other threads.

Post edited by Spacious on
    edited May 2021

Post Dinner Thought and solution, I disconnected my pc from the interent (unplugged my ethernet cable) opened Daz Studio, Clicked on Edit>Preferences(or just F2)>Start up Tab> Unticked "Automatically Login With Remembered Credentials", so from now on, I can just start up in offline mode.

Not a true solution to the main issue at hand, but it's a temporary fix until I find the real solution 

Editing this because it just crashes when I try to do anything so it wasn't a fix at all

Post edited by jason1593 on

I'm not seeing this, though I did have to wait while DS apparently updated every product's metadata. it is of coruse possible that there is a product giving malformed data and that is causing the crash; it's also possible that there is an issue with the local database.