Save last draw..PNG with transparent background not working

I edited a character ..added new clothes, makeup etc..applied a pose..clicked on "Save last draw" and it saved the image as png with transperent background (no wire mesh)

I closed Daz studio..

later i opened DAZ studio..opened the same saved character file..made some changes..used different clothes etc..

cliicked on "save last draw" ,,,now it is saving the png image with wired mesh background...

I have tried atlest 15 times..I even created a new file..but now for some reason I am always getting the wries mesh background..

Whats the problem?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655

Are you sure it was the same drawstyle both times?

• gpinakingpinakin Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure it was the same drawstyle both times?

Yes.. also I opened daz today...

and created a new character based on genesis 8 default..only added head shape and body shape.and tried again ..for some reason when i click "save last draw" it is not saving the png with transparant background..the saved png shows the "viewport" wired mesh as background..

also I noticed..now the "save last render" option is disabled...can't use it

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655

Save Last Render won't be available until there is a render (during the current session) to save.

If the backdrop has a wireframe then presumably it has geoemtry - the PNG will be transparent only where there is no mesh.

• gpinakingpinakin Posts: 0
    edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Save Last Render won't be available until there is a render (during the current session) to save.

If the backdrop has a wireframe then presumably it has geoemtry - the PNG will be transparent only where there is no mesh.

I think i failed to cconvey properly...

by "mesh" i mean the default "floor" we see when we open DAZ... and the "x, y and z" axes lines...they are showing as background in PNG instead of a transperent background...

for Genesis 8 female.. when I use "Render" option to create PNG ...the face becomes all white..

for Genesis 8 male...when I use "Render" option to create PNG ....the eyes are blank..like no eyes..only white eye sockets

I turned off "View floor" "View axes" options..and used "Save last draw" to get transparent background..but then the hair is also getting saved as transparent..

For Genesis 8 females... when saved as PNG the hair becomes transparent and tha MAT (color) is not visible (Example: I applied Punk hair for which default hair color is light grey..I then applied Black color MAT..But when I saved PNG the hair is Light Grey)

SO when i import the PNG in photoshop on any background..since the hair is also transparent...I can see the background through hair..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Peter_DAPeter_DA Posts: 47

Sorry for asking, but did you click "Save last draw" before rendering the scene? In this case DAZ Studio only saves the picture of the unrendered scene. When you finished your settings and rendered the scene, you get the choice to save the last render and only here you can save the picture as png with transparent background without the axes-lines and the hair isn't transparent. That doesn't work when you  close and reopen DAZ Studio after rendering.

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 172

To mask the Last Draw render, when saving out to a PNG, you set: 

Render Settings | iRay | Environment | 'Draw Dome' (OFF).

You should now seen only the figures / props in the Draw PNG. No wireframes or floor or dome.