Buy Now, Pay Later

Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
edited May 2021 in The Commons

We're pleased to annouce in partnership with Affirm, the ability to buy now and pay later at Daz 3D.

Details of the program:

• This is for customer convenience - you don't have to do it, but provides more options at checkout should you wish.
  • It splits up customers payments into 4 payments, every two weeks (over time), so they don't have to pay for things all at once.
  • Only works for carts of over $50.
  • Only works for customers in the US and not in New Mexico or West Virginia
  • Affirm determines if a customer is approved for this program or not, not Daz 3D.
  • Refunds/returns work the same way, there will just be an option to cancel or refund from Affirm, but we can still do store credit the same way, etc.
  • Doesn't work for Gift cards or Subscription plans - this is due to Affirms policy.
Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    Omg. As if we didn't have enough temptation. :#
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Do they charge interest?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Can we use bitcoin? ;)

/sarcasm

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

Do they charge interest?

Most of those don't if you pay on time. They charge a fee if you don't. It's just like PayPal Pay in 4 and others like it. Sezzle, AfterPay, Klarna etc. 

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

You do have limits in place for the customers protection, dont you??? Limits on carried balances, etc???

This feels predatory.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,901

barbult said:

Do they charge interest?

According to the email, "There are no interest payments and no fees, just the convenience of buying the assets you need without the stress of paying the full amount all at once." So that's good. 

• As someone with an extremely limited monthly budget, this will definitely help me out a ton!

• Problems I have with this:

1) I haven't gotten my email. (Yes I do get Daz emails.) Guess Daz doesn't think I might ever want to spend $50+ at once?

2) "Affirm determines if a customer is approved for this program or not, not Daz 3D." And I bet "Has been a loyal Daz customer for years and doesn't ever have direct card payments to us declined" won't be good enough for Affirm.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

I did get the email but since I'm Canadian I guess I'd better stick with my regular bank card & PayPal. Probably a blessing in disguise considering the state of my budget lately. blush

• Khai-J-BachKhai-J-Bach Posts: 163

barbult said:

Do they charge interest?

according to the affirm site, yes over certain amounts.look on the affirm "how it works" page. (don't know if posting a direct link would be allowed..)

eg - a purchase of $100, paid over 3 months, at $34.19 a month comes to $102.57

these figures from the Affirm Websites own calculator.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited May 2021

What, no exclusive DAZ - platinum VISA card? ... Strange time to get into the BNPL shtick... but then again... oh never mind... not my monkeys, not my circus.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...still won't get me to buy into G8/8.1.  Maybe a big Stonemason, DZFire, or Howie Farkes set now and then, or a very useful merchant ressource utility, but that's about it.. 

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited May 2021

Hmm,  they do know that New Mexico is a US state don't they? You would be amazed at how many times we have had online orders declined because "we only deliver to the US'. Not that I would probably use this offer, but the general ignorance of many companies about New Mexico being a state in the US, and not a part of Mexico is pretty incredible.  New Mexico became a part of the US in 1848, and a state in 1912, so everyone should know by now surprise. I've eeven been asked if I needed a passport to get into the US when going to conferences in other states.

Sorry for the rant, hopefully the exclusion of New Mexico from this is due to state laws, and not ignorance. (Not really upset either, just venting on crazy misconceptions) 

Post edited by DustRider on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

DustRider said:

Hmm,  they do know that New Mexico is a US state don't they? You would be amazed at how many times we have had online orders declined because "we only deliver to the US'. Not that I would probably use this offer, but the general ignorance of many companies about New Mexico being a state in the US, and not a part of Mexico is pretty incredible.  New Mexico became a part of the US in 1848, and a state in 1912, so everyone should know by now surprise. I've eeven been asked if I needed a passport to get into the US when going to conferences in other states.

Sorry for the rant, hopefully the exclusion of New Mexico from this is due to state laws, and not ignorance. (Not really upset either, just venting on crazy misconceptions) 

I don't think there's any confusion about West Virginia's statehood.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

I would hope notsmiley. I'm guessing ii's actually due to lending/loan laws in NM. There were some big issues with predatory loan companies a few years back which resulted in some new regulations/laws, and due to some minor point this may not be allowed here, or maybe Affirm just doesn't do business here.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

DustRider said:

I feel you. Probably the same people who don't know New York is a whole state :|

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

But New York ISN'T a whole state. You need to include Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, etc.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

pay you Friday for content today.  Tuesday for a burger today.

could use a 200 gc
    to take advantage of the
    dragonfury and shimmer sale. heart 
    a lil something for the lonnng
    suffering carrara user waiting for a
    general rigging functionality upgrade
    geograft support upgrade

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    mr clam said:

But New York ISN'T a whole state. You need to include Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, etc.

?????? I'm from New York and it is definitely a state?
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...but Rhode Island is not really an island. 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited May 2021

mr clam said:

I think some people confuse these two:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_(state)

Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 473

kyoto kid said:

Sure it is.  The state is actually is actually Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

:D

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

kyoto kid said:

Sure it is, though it's currently better known as Aquidneck Island. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

mr clam said:

Those are towns/cities within the state... 

edited May 2021

That's what I am saying. You need to include them to make a state. A state is a collection of many cities. New York is just five boroughs.

Post edited by mr clam on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645

But.... New York is the name of the city and the state.

edited May 2021

Now I'm just being gaslit. NYC is in the Empire State. Like the Jay-Z song. That's why it's called the Empire State Building and not the New York State Building.

Post edited by mr clam on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    mr clam said:

Now I'm just being gaslit. NYC is in the Empire State. Like the Jay-Z song. 

The Empire State is a nickname for New York state, which contains NYC and many other cities. It is very large. Google New York State and you will find lots of proof and maps. New York state and New York City are different.

States have nicknames? That's ridiculous! What's Alabama's nickname? Bubba?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645

mr clam said:

Now I'm just being gaslit. NYC is in the Empire State. Like the Jay-Z song. That's why it's called the Empire State Building and not the New York State Building.

You havin' a laugh, mate? It's literally called New York. Usually New York State, for the state and New York City, for the city to avoid confusion.