Has anyone seen these type of beds?

QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Has anyone seen these type of beds? I'd be interested in seeing a hide-a-bed, a day bed that would look good in a living room, and/or a fancy Murphy bed. I figure they would work good in some of these one room sets. Is something like this available somewhere?

Comments

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Quaasar,

It would help if you attached pictures.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981

As ShadowBox24 has said, it would help a lot if you posted some images or links to images of what you are wanting..

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,031
    edited June 2021
    Daybed Romance
    East for Daybed Romance
    Elven Romance

Back when PC+ sales were good, you could get all three together for under $3. Might be worth watching the current sale to see if they're discounted again at some point, if the style is what you're looking for.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...I thought  there was an apartment set that had a Murphy bed. 

Murphy bed:

The Compact Cyberpunk Apartment sort of has one that folds up horizontally into the wall. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981

Now I know what is being looked for.. smiley I found two Murphy Bed models, from other sites and would have to be ported into Studio.. The first is a rather basic model the second is a bit more fancy..

https://www.renderhub.com/faraharis/murphy-bed

https://free3d.com/3d-model/murphy-wall-bed-animated-high-quality-furniture-3d-model-8136.html

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited June 2021

...I found a few on CGTrader and Turbosquid as well but all had a price.  Make sure to select the ,obj (or if you use Blender .blend) files for download as .3ds is not compatible with Daz and requires conversion in a modeller while .MAX is proprietary to 3DS Max.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 748

Cool. For ideas on how to use murphy beds, watch old comedy movies (B&W). The are great for hiding a boyfriend when the hubby comes home for example.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    edited June 2021

I didn't post any pictures originally since I wasn't really looking for anything specific. There are many cool styles of these types of beds. However, pictures can help a lot so these are some nice designs I've found:

Daybeds with no moving parts

Futon Style

Hide-a-Bed Style

Murphy Bed Style with desk

Murphy Bed Style with a couch and a shelf (YouTube)

db1.jpg
    480 x 480 - 39K
    db2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 28K
    db3.jpg
    480 x 480 - 40K
    ft 1.jpg
    640 x 426 - 25K
    ft2.jpg
    640 x 426 - 21K
    ft3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 50K
    ft4.jpg
    640 x 480 - 46K
    hb1.jpg
    640 x 298 - 19K
    hb2.jpg
    640 x 306 - 17K
    hb3.jpg
    640 x 402 - 28K
    hb4.jpg
    640 x 402 - 24K
    murphy1.jpg
    640 x 427 - 65K
    Post edited by Quasar on

Thanks for the suggestions. The Daybed Romance is a good option. It's a bit too fancy to fit in a standard living room but could work better if the canopy was hidden. It still suites a bedroom better, I think. The other suggestions could work for limited scenes. It's a bummer they would be static objects without the ability to transition, Hopefully some PAs will see this and incorporate these ideas in their future sets.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,031
    Some of the divans or chaise lounges suggested in this thread might interest you:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6707091

I happened upon another daybed that's similar in style to Daybed Romance. It's another one that would probably work best in a bedroom but might also work in a living room better than Daybed Romance.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/daybed-prop-set---daz-studio/115400/

• I'd love to find the traditional hideaway fold out sofa bed, maybe with a morph where the matress unfolds and one where the seat cushions are moved off to the side.