2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited June 2021
    Anyone who remembers the 5% stacking discount with a $25 buy in should be cautious of this $5 off a bundle deal. Vague description, no fine print. No official answers from the mods even. It could very well turn out to be a useless coupon again. And seeing how a stacking feature would be attractive and worth mentioning, I kinda doubt that it does but they chose not to say so.
    Post edited by Sera on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

The offer is there over a few days to give people the opportunity to purchase and get the $5 off. I don't know the number of bundles. Characters have been releasing with a couple to few of them, but it is a total of $5 off to be used on a purchase involving the bundles. I hope that explains it.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    A total of $5 off sounds like it does not stack.

certaintree38 said:

A total of $5 off sounds like it does not stack.

That would be correct.

• Thank you, Cris.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Is there a particular reason why this is called X-dForce, and not simply dForce, like the rest of dForce items? https://www.daz3d.com/x-dforce-fashion-lace-details-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Is this version 2 of dForce, or what's going on?

Ati said:

Is there a particular reason why this is called X-dForce, and not simply dForce, like the rest of dForce items? https://www.daz3d.com/x-dforce-fashion-lace-details-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

I'm going to guess it's because it's from xtrart-3d and this PA likes to use the X in their product names.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

Ati said:

Its the artist, xtrart-3d labels their work that way.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,027

scorpio said:

Ati said:

Its the artist, xtrart-3d labels their work that way.

Typically, though, it's X-Fashion, and dForce comes after that.

Yeah, but so far it's always been "dForce X-Fashion," and not "X-dForce Fashion." Every single dForce item is under "d" in DS, this one would be under "x"? Not good.

Ati said:

Yeah, but so far it's always been "dForce X-Fashion," and not "X-dForce Fashion." Every single dForce item is under "d" in DS, this one would be under "x"? Not good.

Well, normally it is the PA who names the product. 

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

If every single dForce product in the store starts with the word "dForce" and this one doesn't, then I assume it's either an error, or a new version of dForce. I haven't been following the state of dForce, but from what you guys are saying, it doesn't sound like it's related to a change in dForce itself, so it has to be an error. With this name, it won't be listed among all the other dForce items in Daz Studio, but under a completely different letter, which makes it a nightmare to find and use.

Ati said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

If every single dForce product in the store starts with the word "dForce" and this one doesn't, then I assume it's either an error, or a new version of dForce. I haven't been following the state of dForce, but from what you guys are saying, it doesn't sound like it's related to a change in dForce itself, so it has to be an error. With this name, it won't be listed among all the other dForce items in Daz Studio, but under a completely different letter, which makes it a nightmare to find and use.

I can see where you're coming from but since the PA has used the name throughout the product copy, I would suggest you open a ticket to voice your concerns.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited June 2021

Ati said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

Except that there are other dForce products in the store with a name which doesn't start with "dForce".

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

Ati said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

Except that there are other dForce products in the store with a name which doesn't start with "dForce".

There are? :-o

I've filtered the main store for "dForce clothing" and while some don't have the word "dForce" in the name at all, the ones that do, always start with it (except for the new X-dForce). (Well, the ones I don't have, anyway. I haven't checked the owned items. I always look for them under "d" in DS, so if they are elsewhere, that sucks for me because I bought them, and never use them...)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,001
    Yeah... I'm with Ati on this one. The item should be named:

dForce X-Fashion Lace Details Set for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

following the same convention used by xtrart-3d's other items.
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

Well, again regarding those 5$ off offers. Todays promo reads:

Buy any of these and get an EXTRA $5 OFF* the next Daz Original Bundles

Since I did get stuff on the last 3 days my understanding is that I will get $15 off the next DAZ 8.1 Bundles, so presumingly the next 8.1 bundle-set which means either from the first or second bundle whichever I decide to purchase (first). Right?

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Since I did get stuff on the last 3 days my understanding is that I will get $15 off the next DAZ 8.1 Bundles, so presumingly the next 8.1 bundle-set which means either from the first or second bundle whichever I decide to purchase (first). Right?

Cris said above that the offer was for a total of $5.
  • BTW: The das the mech warrior bundle came out I had at least two banners relating to the bundle and had it in my cart for like 17 or 25. however, I didnt Check out That day and all the promos just disappeared overnight !? 

• sueyasueya Posts: 825
    edited June 2021

Not really happy about having to buy a new release to get a PC+ item for $1.99. If this happens again next weekend maybe go back to not requiring us to buy a new release first. 

Post edited by sueya on

sueya said:

Not really happy about having to buy a new release to get a PC+ item for $1.99. If this happens again next weekend maybe go back to not requiring us to buy a new release first. 

The “buy a new release to get best price” offer has been how catchup for “PC+ for the day” has been done in past sales, so I doubt it will change.
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

The STOCKIN-UP coupon does not appear to be working correctly for me.  I did a test cart.  I placed the Kota 8.1 Pop Bundle and two add ons (Flow and Azurite outfit textures) in my cart, and the other Kota Bundle and its add ons.  I put in 10 freinds of sale items with average price over $10 each (after other discounts) and applied the coupon.  I put in other items that come with the other bundle, and other items related to the PC sale, including a Gift Card.  The cart price dropped by only about $5, which can't possibly be an extra 30% off 10 things at $10 plus each, even if with other discounts they are reduced to $7 plus each or so.  Maybe the stockin-up is being applied to the $5 off and $10 off items that come with the other bundle, or the PC sale items, instead of the Freinds of items?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

UPDATE on STOCKIN-UP coupon issue - yes, some of the items in the other part of the sale must overlap with the Freinds of... sale items.  I broke up my test cart to just have the Kota Pop Bundle, 2 add ons, and 10 freinds of items and the coupon effect roughly quadrupled.  Your mileage may vary.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

Leana said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Cris said above that the offer was for a total of $5.

Not acceptable to me. This info is clearly placed over the new releases from today. It does nowhere say that it will combine with anything or that there is a limit somewhere - also not in the *-text. I bought one of today's new releases so I should be receiving that $5 off - as well as the offered $5 off from yesterday and the day before.

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

I can see where you're coming from but since the PA has used the name throughout the product copy, I would suggest you open a ticket to voice your concerns.

Thanks, Cris, I've just sent the ticket. 

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

Every time I read “PC+ for the day” I think that it means non members are members for that day. Now what I think Daz should do is post two prices on items marked down either temporary or permanently as PC items. If I were to look at my wishlist and see that a $20 item is not only a couple bucks on a PC+ sale, I would be very tempted to become a PC+ member again.

• I've been getting a "Your Paypal Transaction cannot be processed at this time" message.  Is there a problem with Paypal or just DAZ's connection to it, and if there is, any idea when it will be fixed?

• diogenese19348 said:

I've been getting a "Your Paypal Transaction cannot be processed at this time" message.  Is there a problem with Paypal or just DAZ's connection to it, and if there is, any idea when it will be fixed?

What is in the cart, or is it happening with different carts?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

Charlie Judge said:

Taoz said:

Taoz said:

This bundle is missing a product:

https://www.daz3d.com/digitalpainters-shader-bundle

Or maybe it is included, the missing product just doesn't have a product page so they can't link to it.  But confusing in any case.

I just bought the bundle a couple of days ago; and yes, even though they are no longer sold in the store, the exotic Shaders are included.

Ok, thanks!

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited June 2021

Z On the Laptop Prop and Poses for Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1

Vintage Styles for Verse Clothing Sets

and a gift certificate.

I haven't tried a different cart, but I don't see anything there that would trip anything at Paypal

This is the exact message I am getting:

Your PayPal transaction could not be processed at this time

Post edited by diogenese19348 on
This discussion has been closed.