2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079

This is getting more and more confusing. We had the $5 off promo on three days. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This coupon, it now says, if for Saturday and Sunday. Will we get another one for Friday?

• The segment is being updated once Daz gets in, so if you should have received the coupon and didn't that will hopefully fix the issue.

I'll ask about Friday.

• Ati said:

LongRedDog said:

Where are the new bundles advertised in the banner (Stonemason, Raiya and OutOfTouch I believe)? Maybe it's because I'm on mobile, but I don't see them.

There's this: https://www.daz3d.com/ry-dario-character-and-hair-bundle and this: https://www.daz3d.com/eclipse-sci-fi-bundle

And you're right, https://www.daz3d.com/eclipse-sci-fi-bundle is not listed in the main shop. 

Thanks! 

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

Okay, maybe all this coupon confusion is going to clear this up, but just in case it stays the way it's written, I want to issue my complaint right here about receiving two coupon codes for different previous purchases that discount the same bundle.  I have an orange banner coupon code for 30% off this Eclipse Sci-fi Bundle "Because you own both the Michael 8.1 Campus Life Bundle and the Michael 8.1 Varsity Bundle", and I have an orange banner with "You bought a Debut New on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, enjoy $5 OFF the Eclipse Sci-fi Bundle", ALSO a coupon, which I can't stack.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited June 2021

The coupons have been revised to make it clear that the $5 code is good for any one bundle that releases today or on the sixteenth of June, it isn't necessarily the Eclipse Budle. Also, I have my onseit message for the coupon now so if you were missed on the initial send-out please scroll up and see if it has appeared.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Richard Haseltine said:

The coupons have been revised to make it clear that the $5 code is good for any one bundle that releases today or on the sixteenth of June, it isn't necessarily the Eclipse Budle. Also, I have my onseit message for the coupon now so if you were missed on the initial send-out please scroll up and see if it has appeared.

Thanks for the clarification, Richard.

Especially since the new text is even more confusing than ever. :D

First it says: "enjoy $5 OFF the Eclipse Sci-fi Bundle",

then the disclaimer says: "This coupon code is redeemable for the Daz Original bundle that releases 6/16."

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Not exactly a sales issue, but someone who has DAZ's ear might like to let them know that whatever sends their "Uh-oh! Looks like you forgot something" emails is going crazy.

I loaded up my cart this morning, then left it to sit, and in the last 20 minutes I've had 10 identical reminder messages urging me to check out.

I can filter these messages at the server, but not everyone is so fortunate and if others are getting hit by the same torrent of duplicates, they may be getting annoyed.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

I just found out you need to look carefully before using these coupons. I got the $5 coupon for the Eclipse Sci Fi bundle because I bought a new release sometime. After using it I closed the orange banner and up came another banner with a different coupon code for the Eclipse Sci Fi Bundle, this time offering an extra 15% off because I bought a Michael 8.1 bundle. I was lucky this time, if I'm using the right starting price then 15% off is less than $5.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232

In my case the 15% Coupon is less then the USD5 Coupon. So I have the choice to gamble a bit: use the 15% and hope that tomorrows bundle is worth to spend the USD5 on it.

I repeat it: DAZ needs a better System for Rewards.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792

Not exactly a sales issue, but someone who has DAZ's ear might like to let them know that whatever sends their "Uh-oh! Looks like you forgot something" emails is going crazy.

I loaded up my cart this morning, then left it to sit, and in the last 20 minutes I've had 10 identical reminder messages urging me to check out.

I can filter these messages at the server, but not everyone is so fortunate and if others are getting hit by the same torrent of duplicates, they may be getting annoyed.

I finally just dumped my cart so they'd leave me alone. I might consider adding those items when I get home tonight and checkout. Or maybe I'll just not buy anything if we're going to start getting these annoying emails.
  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

bytescapes said:

Same here, fortunatelly i get them grouped in a single chain. But if this goes on, it may get catalogued as spam. 

GlenWebb said:

bytescapes said:

I finally just dumped my cart so they'd leave me alone. I might consider adding those items when I get home tonight and checkout. Or maybe I'll just not buy anything if we're going to start getting these annoying emails.

Yeah. I have to say that DAZ should not only fix their email sending code, but they should also consider very carefully whether they want to do this at all. My decision to spend an irresponsible amount of money today will not be affected one way or another, but if I'd put something in my cart and left it there because I was on the fence about buying it, then a nagging email could be all that was needed to make me decide not to buy. As a sales tactic, I suspect that it probably misfires about as often as it succeeds.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited June 2021

I put some Weekly free items in my cart earlier this morning, and have gotten 6 emails within the last half-hour reminding me that there are items in my cart and I should check out...  frown

EDIT; I just got three more...

Post edited by WandW on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited June 2021

WandW said:

I put some Weekly free items in my cart earlier this morning, and have gotten 6 emails within the last half-hour reminding me that there are items in my cart and I should check out...  frown

EDIT; I just got three more...

Same. Despite being unsubscribed to the newsletter. And being told that DAZ was forbidden from emailing me anything if I didn't subscribe.

I wish people would get their stories straight.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited June 2021

Anybody else getting a flood of "you forgot something in your cart" messages about the PC Anniversary Bundle 3? Because I now have at least 15 of them in the last hour or so, coming every three to five minutes apart. Madness!

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i woke up to find 26 emails from daz reminding me that i have something in my cart.

:)

j

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

40 and still counting no

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I'm guessing this is a targetted test. I've had thing in my cart since 9am (UK) and I have just checked my email account, no chasing emails. And no I don't feel slighted in the slightest about not getting them :-) How many times do we have to leave our carts for pricings to get sorted, we don't need to be harrassed about it.

Whoa! Relieved I ain't the only one but that is ridiculous! I deleted about 20 and lo and behold! Another one pops in. Somebody must be sitting on the Send button and automatically butt-dialling everyone..

The constant stream of "you forgot something emails" from DAZ has now caused SpamAssassin's Bayesian classifier on my mail server to identify any mail from DAZ as spam. They're getting flagged by the rule:

BAYES_99 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%

which is about as bad as it can be for deliverability. If I hadn't whitelisted daz3d.com, everything DAZ sends would go straight to my spam folder.

Other systems that use statistical classifiers (such as Gmail and, well, just about everywhere these days) will be reacting similarly, and daz3d.com will be rapidly moving from "good sender" to "known spam source". The likely result is that DAZ emails will start ending up in people's Junk folders. In the worst case, daz3d.com itself could end up on some of the RBLs (Realtime Blackhole Lists).

Fixing this should be a top priority for DAZ: it's not about a few disgruntled customers any more, it's about whether they'll be able to send emails in future and expect to have them arrive.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

Well, just to add my two cents, I have had items sitting in the cart and so far I have received only 1 'forgot something' notice. I am in the United States in case that makes a difference or helps locate the trouble.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

I got spammed quite a bit too.

Was it the PC Bundle 3? That seems to be what's doing it in my case. I deleted the item, put today's freebie in my cart and checked out. So far no more "reminder" spam. :fingers crossed:

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Wolfwood said:

40 and still counting no

I guess I was lucky with only 3 so far.

I will not place items in my cart and that will equal less impulsive buying on my part if this email situation remains in place. 

• The car emails have, I understand, been turned off while they figure out what went wrong. However, they are separate from newsletters - which is probably why you received one even if you'd opted out of newsletters - so you can opt out of them without affecting newsletters (if you wish).

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Richard Haseltine said:

The car emails have, I understand, been turned off while they figure out what went wrong. However, they are separate from newsletters - which is probably why you received one even if you'd opted out of newsletters - so you can opt out of them without affecting newsletters (if you wish).

What annoys me about this is that I was specifically told it was my fault I missed the Season Pass seminar email.

My fault because I unsubscribed to the newsletter. Being unsubscribed meant that DAZ could not email me for anything.

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Uh-oh! Looks like you forgot something 

I got 51 e-mail from DAZ to do something with my cart....

edited June 2021

W[hat]? Items were removed from the https://www.daz3d.com/plat-for-a-day list???

Example: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-lighting-solutions-tutorial-set

or the prices are acting up?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

Interesting strategy to send out emasils to get a move on: I wonder if the $5 offer arrived before the email or after!

$5 offer?

James_H said:

Interesting strategy to send out emasils to get a move on: I wonder if the $5 offer arrived before the email or after!

This discussion has been closed.