2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• run4realrun4real Posts: 94

I noticed the signature from Nath right now "Buying content and using it are separate hobbies" This is so true! The creativity of some users here is sometimes really hilariously funny! yeslaugh

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited June 2021

Confirming the error with Eclipse White Room. Two different stock prices are showing. See attached. Note the difference in greyed out prices. $18.95 vs $12.95.

catalog error 1.JPG
    1252 x 478 - 100K
    catalog error 2.JPG
    1449 x 394 - 96K
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • This was noticed yesterday, the $18.95 base price on the product page is correct, the price on the promo page and in the catalogue pages is wrong (I guess a caching issue).

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Richard Haseltine said:

This was noticed yesterday, the $18.95 base price on the product page is correct, the price on the promo page and in the catalogue pages is wrong (I guess a caching issue).

Understood. I was replying to Ati's comment on the previous page and Chris' attempt to confirm the appearance.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

modeller said:

I noticed the signature from Nath right now "Buying content and using it are separate hobbies" This is so true! The creativity of some users here is sometimes really hilariously funny! yeslaugh

The sentiment is not originally mine - but it is very true even so... laugh

• Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

This was noticed yesterday, the $18.95 base price on the product page is correct, the price on the promo page and in the catalogue pages is wrong (I guess a caching issue).

Understood. I was replying to Ati's comment on the previous page and Chris' attempt to confirm the appearance.

I swear when I had it in my cart early yesterday morning it was less than seven bucks, then later in the day both the bundle and the White Room went up in price.

No matter, I used the coupon on today's bundle instead.  Didn't get quite the deal that Blurst managed, but then again, I didn't buy the Michael 8.1 bundles.  Still, nice price!

• The White room for Eclipse has been set back to $12.95 base. If you paid when it was at a h9gher base price you can contact support, though I beleive Daz is going to check through the purchase list itself.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Huh. I think DAZ just pulled every single ad off facebook?

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Hylas said:

what makes you say that?

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 966

certaintree38 said:

Hylas said:

what makes you say that?

Well ... I just took a look, and they are gone from their ad page. What does this mean?  There could be many a guess., both positive and negative, so I shall not spend much time on this. My hope would be a new round of ads coming.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767
    edited June 2021

certaintree38 said:

Hylas said:

what makes you say that?

I sometimes check the FB Ad library to hunt for coupons. I know for sure that last Wednesday, DAZ still had several ads running. I don't remember whether I checked between then and today... I think I did but I'm not sure. In any case, today all their ads are gone.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Hylas said:

certaintree38 said:

Hylas said:

what makes you say that?

I sometimes check the FB Ad library to hunt for coupons. I know for sure that last Wednesday, DAZ still had several ads running. I don't remember whether I checked between then and today... I think I did but I'm not sure. In any case, today all their ads are gone.

Interesting.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,149

Missed chance with todays "Shark on land" promo IMO. Give me a nice bundle with those 5 shark items and we are talking. Would prefer this over many of last original bundles. Or an additional discount on Raws older stuff (not that I do not already own most of it). As it is Jaws goes into the cart - together with some new PFAD - and the rest on the wishlist.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232

Richard Haseltine said:

The White room for Eclipse has been set back to $12.95 base. If you paid when it was at a h9gher base price you can contact support, though I beleive Daz is going to check through the purchase list itself.

Looks like Pricing for that Product is not easy to set. There is still something wrong if you compare Main Page, Sales Page and Product Page. See the Screenshots. One says -53% the other -30% but same sales price of $9.07

1WR Sales Page.JPG
    547 x 816 - 64K
    2WR Product Page.JPG
    2581 x 585 - 168K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Joe2018 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The White room for Eclipse has been set back to $12.95 base. If you paid when it was at a h9gher base price you can contact support, though I beleive Daz is going to check through the purchase list itself.

Looks like Pricing for that Product is not easy to set. There is still something wrong if you compare Main Page, Sales Page and Product Page. See the Screenshots. One says -53% the other -30% but same sales price of $9.07

Try clearing cache. I just tried two different devices and see only 30% on the front store page, the What's Hot, the promo page and the product page.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

My store appears to be on 50% off - not sure which sale it's in (doesn't seem advertised) but yay - link in my sig if interested.

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156
    edited June 2021

Post edited by GhostDog on

story3 said:

I would suggest that there being no bundle for Jawz is a bad look for Daz. It very strongly indicates that the primary purpose of bundles is not to group together items of true interest, but to get people to buy items they don't particularly want. Why else when you have five highly connected items would you not bundle them? Not that there is anything wrong with that practice; it just looks worse when there is an obvious bundle and you don't create it. 

This is offered as constructive feedback on how your marketing actions are perceived by a customer. 

The individual items are by different PAs. It could be that they didn't ask for a bundle.

edited June 2021

edited June 2021

edited June 2021

story3 said:

In that case I don't think individual PAs should be able to determine that because, as I say, I feel it is a bad look for Daz. A bundle for these products would be 'customer friendly'. 

Daz is a brokerage, not the boss. PAs own their products and get a say in these things, which I think is fair. Daz will step in if they feel a product has completely the wrong price, but generally, they work with us. There is an additional discount for buying more than one product today - that could count as a bundle discount.

I'm only speculating as I don't know the actual reason in this case.

story3 said:

And I'll add Daz enforcing a consistent folder structure on PAs.

Now that WOULD be handy. Part of the problem has been changing standards over the years, the addition of Iray to Studio, and other things. Customers also disagree over whether that standard should include a vanity folder (e.g. Environments\PA Name\Product Name; or Environments\Sci-fi\Product Name; or a combo).

I'd love a clear structure going forward (but older products would still be all over the place).

Vanity folders with Vendor names should be a must. I really like Zeddicuss products but having folders all over the place is really giving me a hard time. Not to mention all the typos on products from all different vendors.

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

Vanity folders with Vendor names should be a must. I really like Zeddicuss products but having folders all over the place is really giving me a hard time. Not to mention all the typos on products from all different vendors.

And that's one reason there's not consistent folder structure. I always take things out of the vanity folder so i can find them more quickly. No way can i remember who makes what.

I was in no way implying PAs shouldn't be strongly listened to. The relationship between them and Daz is super important. But to me the buck always stops with Daz as to what is in their store and how it is presented. Consistency is just so important in having an open and clear relationship with your customers. So things like bundles should have a consistency, naming conventions should be consistent, the way sales operate, etc. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Absolutely no. I hate Vanity folders, I always take them out and rename them to the actual product name. 

If I have a heap of stuff by one particular vendor that I use a LOT, then I amend the folder names with their initials..IE, OOT Marlene Hair, or AS Groovy Outfit, or BKC Toiboi Boots etc. But that is very rare.  

Rod Wise Driggo said:

jakiblue said:

Absolutely no. I hate Vanity folders, I always take them out and rename them to the actual product name. 

If I have a heap of stuff by one particular vendor that I use a LOT, then I amend the folder names with their initials..IE, OOT Marlene Hair, or AS Groovy Outfit, or BKC Toiboi Boots etc. But that is very rare.  

Rod Wise Driggo said:

OK so there are apparently different needs. For me vanity folders are the only way not to completely drown in content. If i would have i.e. all clothing items directly in people/genesis 8 female/clothing navigating the content library would nearly become impossible. I mainly use smart content nowadays anyway but every now and then one must directly go into the library as the structure of a product is not always easy to understand with smart content.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232
    edited June 2021

Cris Palomino said:

Joe2018 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Try clearing cache. I just tried two different devices and see only 30% on the front store page, the What's Hot, the promo page and the product page.

On an PC which I have never used for the DAZ Website. Chrome, after Clearing Cache. Not logged in. Still wrong? (NS: the whole thing is no problem for me. But maybe confusing for other users).

3WR Sales Page Chrome.JPG
    544 x 767 - 63K
    Post edited by Joe2018 on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

That's why I gave up on Smart Content. As much as I loved the visual side of it, there are just way too many errors, and as you said, some products need to be applied in a particular order (for instance, there's a stockings product for Genesis 8 where the designs etc have to be applied in a particular order) and Smart Content completely loses that and it becomes very confusing. I stuck with Smart Content for over a year, and finally, there was one too many "lost and found", one too many material that I couldn't work out whether it was iray or 3delight (no little icon on the image), and one too many complete and utter mis-categorisation for me to continue fighting with it. I went back to the Content Library, where I can rename folders to something that makes more sense. laugh

Rod Wise Driggo said:

jakiblue said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

OK so there are apparently different needs. For me vanity folders are the only way not to completely drown in content. If i would have i.e. all clothing items directly in people/genesis 8 female/clothing navigating the content library would nearly become impossible. I mainly use smart content nowadays anyway but every now and then one must directly go into the library as the structure of a product is not always easy to understand with smart content.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

I made comments about the folder/Library structure and the way morphs were handled and I was rather rudely told that if I didn't like it to go use Poser

This discussion has been closed.