Managing third party content through categories

I use smart content almost always.  It is the easies way for me, a late-comer to DAZ, to find my stuff.  If I install a product from, say Renderosity, it ends up in "Lost & Found" (DS v 4.15).  So, now I have to categorize each item.  I would like to be consistent in my categories.  I know how to do this, but I do not know how to seach to see if there is an existing category.  DAZ's category tree is anything but intuitive.

Does a map of the tree exist?  Is there a way to search the tree to see each and every existing category?

Thanks.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

You might want to give Content Wizard a try. That will let you add metadata to your third-party content so it will appear correctly in Smart Content.

• WillanikWillanik Posts: 44

I add Renderosity products manually. I open the “content” file provided and manually copy all the subfiles into my library in Daz.  This always works for me although sometimes it takes a while to find where the material wne tin my Daz library.

People and clothing always turn up in characters and clothing respectively, the latter sometimes associated with the name of the vendor (e,g Sveva) and other times as a subgroup of the clothing for which it provides additional mats.

Other content may turn up in environments, props or scenes and this will be indicated by the names of the subfiles in the original Renderosity product.