DAZ 4.15 - Checking full scene by IRAY MEMORY ASSISTANT

Hello guys

I just wanted to render my final picture but I get some errors (black screen)everytime when I turn on NVIDIA IRAY preview... So I guss my PC dosen;t have enough V RAM or SYS Ram to achieve the best goal...

So I tested my scene by SIM TENERO and this are results of his deep scan (as you can see on pictures below). I'm no't an expert from computers so these all numbers are  just blank page to me...

On two last pictures are system requirements of my PC ( I've got Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Video Adapter).

Finally, I just wanted to render only 4 characters with parrrot ( other two pets and two figures I made them invisible - I want to render them in second picture for additional use in photoshop - combine them into one poster). I need a little tip to resolve my render problem (Yes I know my PC is not engouh strong as It's sohuld)and I know that my system requirements will let me redner only pictures not even a small animation...

01. Render a picture - 4 characters with 1 pet.jpg
2000 x 1464 - 1M
02. Render a picture -A full list of all items in scene.jpg
2000 x 1768 - 1M
03. Render a picture -Sim Tenero - IRAY MEMORY ASSISTANT part 1.jpg
2000 x 1814 - 985K
04. Render a picture -Sim Tenero - IRAY MEMORY ASSISTANT part 2.jpg
2000 x 1747 - 966K
05. Render a picture -Sim Tenero - IRAY MEMORY ASSISTANT part 3.jpg
2000 x 1770 - 919K
06. Render a picture -Sim Tenero - IRAY MEMORY ASSISTANT part 4.jpg
2000 x 1713 - 928K
07. System Info.jpg
2000 x 1451 - 466K
08. My PC details.jpg
2000 x 2031 - 319K
09. My PC details part 2.jpg
1700 x 2159 - 810K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,455
    edited July 2021

Yoy have 6GB's of VRAM and SimTenero tells you need 5.2GB's for what you have selected, except, the OS and DS base loads are not taken into account and when rendering IRAY needs "Working Space" of at least 1GB.

I would estimate, you need to get the VRAM usage reported by the SimTenero down to max. 3GB's, start by taking down the SubD's on the figures, if you are rendering in that scale, you won't see any difference or improvement with higher SubD's, but you are burning VRAM with them.

Edit, and since you have a GTX card, it needs additional VRAM to emulate the RTX functions in software, how much I don't know since I'm using an RTX card

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Note that the tool is giving only an extimate, it can't be certain how much memory the actual Iray data will take.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Adam just use the free script convert iray to 3delight shaders and render with cpu. You could also use Blender. Iray needs alot of vram or just have to strip down your scenes.

• lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125

Thank's guys for all help I can getsmiley

I just used free script and converted all items in my scene to 3delight shaders (as Silver Dolphin sad). Final render (only by CPU) take more than 1 hour (the most of deatials of my picture rendered very quickly but only beard for my grand-pa, a men in black hat - take about half an hour...). I wonder how much time it takes in Nvidia I-Ray but I think that kind of problem would solve a better PC and a lot more VnRAM...

Hopefully I rendered all chractres in one picture so the main goal was achieved, thanks for any tips, againwink

Full HD 1080p (16 ;9) CAŁA RODZINKA TOM 2 Big POSTER 2021.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Or you could reduce texture size via compression Render Settings->Advanced> Texture Compression : Medium and High, set high to something lower.

Or you could render in parts and stitch together in a paint program.

• lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
    edited July 2021

charles said:

Or you could reduce texture size via compression Render Settings->Advanced> Texture Compression : Medium and High, set high to something lower.

Yes, I heard about that method but never have tested this so far...

You mean - a final render in Nvidia I-RAY? I got PHOTOSHOP CS 6 64-bit so I could stitch all parts of my pictue there... Is there any quick tutorial for that??

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

lord Adam said:

charles said:

Or you could reduce texture size via compression Render Settings->Advanced> Texture Compression : Medium and High, set high to something lower.

Yes, I heard about that method but never have tested this so far...

You mean - a final render in Nvidia I-RAY? I got PHOTOSHOP CS 6 64-bit so I could stitch all parts of my pictue there... Is there any quick tutorial for that??

Check last reply in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6887816/#Comment_6887816  ;