Rectangle Patch of Shadow in IRay

I am doing some basic positioning and such with lights. For some reason, I am getting the following.

I am not sure why. I have nothing blocking in front of the lights. It's open space. Also, the rectangular shadow keeps moving based on the distance from the camera.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 142153.png
Screenshot 2021-07-20 142221.png

Comments

• Folks,

Turns out, it was the headlamp blocking one of the lights. I had no idea, headlamps were a physical thing in Daze 3D.

Turned off the headlamp in all the cameras and its all good. rendering is working fine now.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Interesting!

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

vijayasimhabr said:

Folks,

Turns out, it was the headlamp blocking one of the lights. I had no idea, headlamps were a physical thing in Daze 3D.

Turned off the headlamp in all the cameras and its all good. rendering is working fine now.

Yeah, get in the habit of turning the headlamp off ASAP.

Lights in Iray are physical objects and they will cast shadows, even if you turn "Render Emitter" off. Some people recommend using mesh lights with very low opacity to get around that. 

• @margrave, (surprised the forum software wont allow me to tag user)

Yes, I have now started doing that. I have  previously worked on Unity, Game Level Editors and such. Some things are similar in Daze 3D, but other things are so different. 

Getting used to it. Thank you.