Character, Hair, Clothing? I just Kent...

FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

So, perusing the new listings this morning I see this: Kent for Genesis 8.1 Female

It's listed under the Clothing category.

It lists character morphs.

The first promo shows hair poses. The fourth promo shows a clay render of the character, hair and dress.

The description is lacklustre. What is included in this product? How did the description get approved? Did anybody read it before publishing it?

I could use the hair, but have no interest in the character or dress.

Comments

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 59

I am also wondering if the hair is included.  

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,974

Checking the file list looks like it's just the character
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/80832/file_list

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,980

From the 'What's Included & Features' section, as if it's only a character with textures.

Regards,

Richard

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Thank you very much :)

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093

There's been many times that these DAZ buyout characters that the PA made with hair, clothing, or even an environment prop get separated by DAZ and sold separately. Another example of this is Kanade 8 and her separate Kanade Hair, and Shihong Nuwa for G8F and the Chinese Studio Set.

• Yeah, I even wondered because of the clay render if the hair is included.

The hair is gorgeous. I NEED IT NOW! LOL

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I detailed what was in the promos, the readme and the file list in the sales error page, but my post wasn't acknowledge, nor others prior to mine. The readme does mention the hair. I also like the images of the dress.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

The choice of promo images is questionable, because as @frinkky pointed out, two out of four images seem to emphasize the hair. And the unwritten promise has always been that the clay render will show what you actually get in the product. If the hair isn't included -- and other evidence suggests that it isn't -- someone at DAZ made some poor choices here.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I agree with all. IMO the hair and dress(es) are much more appealing than the character.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

I purchased the character with the hope I'd get the hair but should have known better. If you like bony hips this is the figure for you. Still want to know about the hair and dress though.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited July 2021

LOL, why my characters are often bald or sporting the same hair as the others as hair is the most expensive thing in the DAZ Store. It's sort of weird. You can't separate the character from the hair. It's not called a "bad hair day" for nothing. laugh

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited July 2021

I actually think she is really cute and I am not unhappy with the character. However, I really do like the hair. It is a separate item. There is a placeholder for the Kent Hair in the Readme's Item 80857

Screenshot Kent Hair Screenshot.png
    1593 x 618 - 93K
    Post edited by kimh on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Huh, maybe the hair's coming separately then. On the other hand, maybe the readme got mixed up as well, and the hair just got pulled. I hope not, as I'd also really like to have it.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 494

Thank you all for posting this, I almost bought this character for the hair. Like someone else I thought if it was pictured in gray it was a part of the items being sold. Hopefully the hair will pop up soon.

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 59

I am hoping the hair for Beulah also ends up in the store. Same artist.  Would love to buy both hairs.

https://www.daz3d.com/beulah-and-expressions-for-genesis-81-female

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 95

cclesue said:

I purchased the character with the hope I'd get the hair but should have known better. If you like bony hips this is the figure for you. Still want to know about the hair and dress though.

The dress is this one: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-duchess-dress-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

• StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 160

Good grief!!!  That HTML is atrocious... <div class="breadcrumbs"> as well as <div class="youarehere">  Really?  I would at least hope for a better "boilerplate" HTML template for the Wiki/Readme page.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 398
    edited August 2021

Well, the hair's finally out today, featuring all the character promos originally missing from the character, including one showing the eyes and makeup options.  You couldn't make it up...

Debating picking it up though, it's really pretty.

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    DAZ needs to redo these promos. In this case, add more renders to better show off the character and the hair in their own respective product entry.
  • After the interest there'd been in this hair I thought everyone would've bought it, but it's just crickets in here...

I took the plunge and I absolutely love it. It renders beautifully out of the box, and it looks good on both men and women.  There are five textures and only a few morphs (no shaping, just tail movement) and it's designed for GF8.1 so you have to get a bit creative with scene IDs with your figures, but that aside it's great.  I really think it needs much better promo pictures.

Anyone else pick it up?  It'd be great to see some more renders.

angharad-muse.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 342K
    iphre-kent.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 183K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Pax Asteriae said:

After the interest there'd been in this hair I thought everyone would've bought it, but it's just crickets in here...

I took the plunge and I absolutely love it. It renders beautifully out of the box, and it looks good on both men and women.  There are five textures and only a few morphs (no shaping, just tail movement) and it's designed for GF8.1 so you have to get a bit creative with scene IDs with your figures, but that aside it's great.  I really think it needs much better promo pictures.

Anyone else pick it up?  It'd be great to see some more renders.

Beautiful renders! I bought the hair, too, just can't find the time to render right now.  Thanks for sharing yours!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I saw it in the Coral 8.1 Mega bundle and it was one of the selling points for me. I have used it without problems since then, but although I love the hair and how IT came out, the renders I did, seem just not as good for other reasons. And add to that, limited time, loss of internet for a day and a half and reaction from all the fire smoke the past few days. No joy for creativity.

Appreciate your renders.