Dramatic Hang Times / Crashes on Rendering

Greetings all,

This is my first experience with DS, but I recently got a good story in my head for a VN, so I gave it a go. I've been using it for 2-3 weeks with no issues at all. Suddenly, on the morning of July 22nd, several things started happening:

When I hit "Render", it will get to the point of stating the statistics for the geometry memory consumption... and then lock up my whole system. Sometimes for 2 minutes, sometimes for 20 .... sometimes for so long that i get a bluescreen and a driver_power_state_failure error.

If my system doesn't crash with the driver error, then the shot does render ... but it doesn't start until after the system lock lets up, which as i said has been up to 20 minutes so far, at it's highest.

2 Days ago, it was running like a dream, rendering most shots in under 5 minutes. Then yesterday... dead stop. And I can't think of anything that's changed between those two days.

I downloaded the new NVidia drivers, first game-ready, then studio, with no change.

I rolled back to the last version of the drivers ... no change. Anyone have any ideas?

My Hardware is as follows:

BIOS: F.26

Processor: Intel Core i7-9700 @ 3Ghz (overclocked to 4.5GHz)

16284MB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER w/ 16GB VRAM.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. If any more information or clarification is needed from me, please let me know :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Edit, this last run took 32 minutes prior to starting the render, and my CPU usage was up at 123%. And this is just all so sudden. 2 Days ago? fine. Yesterday? Locking system to the point that the mouse cursor is unresponsive .... for like 20 minutes, on *every* render.