Comprehensive reference manual?

Is there a downloadable, comprehensive Reference Manual for DAZ Studio, like the one for Poser, that covers all Studio components in detail? The newest "User Guide" I found was designed for Studio 4.6 and was only a once-over-lightly volume. It didn't even mention animation, for example, or dForce clothing. Are we restricted to rummaging through the online Documentation Center, which is not the easiest site to navigate?

Comments

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156
    edited July 2021

There is no manual sadly but I learnt with no problems or expense through YouTube, there are a few particularly good teachers, my favorite is Jay who does the Daz webinars. His channel is called The Wp Guru and there's videos on everything. IT Roy is also good.

P.s. I'd recommend getting YouTube premium so you don't have to watch ads.

Post edited by GhostDog on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

RonH1932 said:

Is there a downloadable, comprehensive Reference Manual for DAZ Studio, like the one for Poser, that covers all Studio components in detail? The newest "User Guide" I found was designed for Studio 4.6 and was only a once-over-lightly volume. It didn't even mention animation, for example, or dForce clothing. Are we restricted to rummaging through the online Documentation Center, which is not the easiest site to navigate?

Pretty much yes.

You learn by stumbling your way through the program.

Honestly, the forums are the best place to learn. Problem is, they're so decentralized that people keep asking the same questions over and over. 

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

The best place to search the Daz forums for a particular issue/topic is google (and use google image search to search the Daz store, their search has improved recently but it still doesn't use tags). 

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452

there needs to be a manual. everything about DAZ feels disorganized.

• davidtriune said:

there needs to be a manual. everything about DAZ feels disorganized.

I also really hate that there is no manual. Especially with the render engines and newly added stuff. While learning as you go is groot there is nothing greater than the original developers/programmers guidance of the whole Daz Studio program. For instance, I recently took a read at the dforce thread posted elsewhere here, but was so dissappointed that it was so technical that I didn't come out of there with any idea of what the author said....

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

The forum search is garbage so most use Google. I had problems, however, when I tried to limit my search to a particular sub-forum (Art Studio, for example). Maybe the format of my search string was wrong - I don't know. Need to do a few more tests.