Is there a way to remove specific body parts from collision?

Eleven HeightsEleven Heights Posts: 17
edited July 2021 in The Commons

[Is there a way to remove specific body parts from collision?] I'm trying to prevent what is happening in the attached photo.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

l.jpg
251 x 208 - 21K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited July 2021

Smoothing Modifier often does the job, check if Mesh Smoothing parameter is ON and try Collision Iterations : 5 or 15

But if it's not enough you can adjust manually with the FBMExpand or Expand All morph of the pants.

Fit Control product is good to adjust the morph for a specific area (Side Left for example).

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Personally I'd use Mesh Grabber to pull the cloth away from the hip/thigh and between the fingers as the easiest solution..

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'd select the item under the hand, then make it invis; if there is no part showing, beyond the clothes then a simple solution usually.

Yes, you can hide parts; select what you want and then toggle the remove from simulation in Parameters

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Not a perfect solution, but you could 

1) Duplicate the figure, and in the duplicate move the hand away.

2) Go into the surface pane and set Cut Out Opacity to 0 for all surfaces of the duplicate.

3) Set the clothing to clash with the duplicate instead of the main figure.

• Xen2kXen2k Posts: 78

It's just a guess but is the "Smoothing Modifier" already activated on the skirt? When 2 body parts (like a leg and a hand) of the same figure collide, the modifier can cause results like in your image.

Sometimes it's sufficient to reduce the smoothing iterations from 2 (default) to 1.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Have you tried moving the hand a little bit away from the hip? Looks like the fingertips are below the surface, pushing the cloth down into the hips.