Dforce simulation acting funny.....

I'm in the process of setting up my renders for a scene and posing one of my characters. She's wearing a dforce nightgown that I've used before with no issue. Now when I use it on the same character that I've used it in the past, it starts to simulate for a few seconds, then says not responding which is followed by the progress box disappearing to only it reappear almost 30 seconds later and simulate for a few more seconds then go to not responding and the box disappearing. This goes on and on through the simulation process. I opened another scene with a different character and the dforce simulation works just as intended. I went back to the previous character, which again I've had no issues at all using dforce clothing, I selected a different item and it still did the same thing as with the previous item. I then switched simulation freezing to on and changed the option to start from 0 frame. The box hasn't disappeared now, but she's not moving into the pose I selected for her. She's just staying in the start zero position for a gen 8 female. Anyone have any ideas what's going on how I might be able to troubleshoot this?

Thank you in advance.