A question about Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8

lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
edited September 2021 in The Commons

How do I disable it? No matter what file I upload, it never goes away. Now all my scenes give off static whenever I move around. What happened was I made a mistake and clicked on the icon before selecting a character in the scene itself. 

Link: https://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-8-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on

Comments

• Skin Builder is just a script, when you aren't running it it doesn't have any effect.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Skin Builder is just a script, when you aren't running it it doesn't have any effect.

Right, but even when I reload Daz with a fresh scene its still active, with static showing up everytime I move. The V8 figures themselves aren't even loading in correctly now.  

Daz Static.jpg

• That's the Iray preview starting to redraw, it's noisy at first and then smooths out (as with rendering). It may be that the Skin Builder materials end up being more complex than the defaults and so take longer to covnerge; it may also be that the preview is not using the GPU or is droppong to CPU for some reason.

• skinklizzardskinklizzard Posts: 218
    edited September 2021

its also possible your draw settings have changed, from your screenshot it looks like you are at a reduced manipultaion resolution.

if you don't have the draw settings pane open already you can find it windows>panes(tabs)

with nvidia iray as the draw mode select drawing and check your manipulation resolution

drawSettings.png
    1604 x 309 - 48K
    Post edited by skinklizzard on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

That's the Iray preview starting to redraw, it's noisy at first and then smooths out (as with rendering). It may be that the Skin Builder materials end up being more complex than the defaults and so take longer to covnerge; it may also be that the preview is not using the GPU or is droppong to CPU for some reason.

Yeah, Iray preview was enabled, fixed it, thanks. smiley