Scrooge Mega Bundle

IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
edited November 2021 in The Commons

I like the old Dickens story, and now there are so many interpretations.This looks traditional for the time period. The Scrooge 8.1 Bundle | Daz 3D

I especially like the crafting of Ebeneezer. His cartilage features are correct for an old person without looking like a caricature. I'm  getting him and his even greater HD. Ebenezer 8.1 HD Add-On | Daz 3D He eerily looks similar to me as Lyndon B Johnson, great president 1963-1969. Overall, I think the 2 bundles in one is a great deal for people to build their runtime.

I didn't need the most of the Scrooge Bundle: outerwear, nightshirt, Victorian street, if so, I may  pick up later, but I am picking up the hair dForce Rizado, as that will be versatile for my projects. In the associated package, The Ghosts of Christmas have only one product that I am interested in, Grayson. He also is a good looking old person. So I didnt' get the bundle pricing advantage. I figure the 50% off is a good deal for now, looking at what the proposed regular prices are. . I am so hurting as my holiday budget is pretty much spent on the Platinum sale. But I think the two "gents" will be good. And, that's it. Gotta buy the holiday turkey dinner, might be chicken, and might just have the basics, stuffing, mashe taters, homemade gravy and cranberry sauce. . What we do for Art, eh?

Lyndon B Johnson 36th presidet of USA from wikipedia edited to add the credit for official portrait by Arnold Newman White House Press Office/wikicommons and head shot of promo Ebenezer 8.1

Ebnezer8dot1HDHead.jpg
267 x 331 - 14K
PresLBJArnold NewmanWhiteHousePressOfficeWikipediaCommons.jpg
462 x 614 - 66K
Post edited by IceScribe on

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

The Victorian pajamas are new, virtually everything else can be created with existing products if you already own them. Also, it appears the promo images include items not offered in the bundle. I could be wrong on that, stopped looking at it in detail because of the price, not worth it to purchase items where I already own equivalents. I put the PJ's in the wishlist. If you're going to create a bundle like this, you need to include Scrooge's old partner as a ghost character with chains. The one bundle includes "dForce Winter Splendor Outfit Texture Add-On" which requires a product not in the bundle and therefore worthless. The promo images look great but look at the details O Buyer, purchasing this may leave you with a feeling of having digested a bit of spoiled beef.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,339

I like the night shirt outfit, too, the cap especially; also the greatcoat outfit although @mwokee is probably right and I could create same coat with what I have already. Still, with dForce things always work better for me if they are meant to be used together instead of kitbashed.

I also adore the bedroom, despite the doors all being non-opening; it looks truly Victorian to me, all that cluster and color and ornaments. Lovely! The rest, I don't really have much need for, although I might get Ebenezer at a later date.

I really like the general idea, much more than just another Bikini / Fantasy / Viking / SiFi bundle. But prices are too high for me to just buy any of the bundles for the sake of the idea.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Ebenezer looks great. He definitely adds something new.

• I bought skimpwear today. Ain't gonna lie.

Ebenezer looks good, but not really my thing. I don't really do Daz in the Victorian/Steampunk (i.e. just add gears) space. I think there are good pieces, and more formalwear is nice... but, again, I don't do Victorian/Victorian+Gears.

I'll buy stuff to support good work in general... but at $80.27 for the mega bundle (after my particular discounts), that's the equivalent of a lot of skimpwear, let me tell ya.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I have already bought the nightclothing & the Victorian bedroom (because it looks so quaint & Victorian - although, I already have several other, to my ignorant eyes at least, Victorian bedrooms and rooms, they weren't nearly so cluttered like you'd imagine a Victorian room to be.). 

I will surely buy the 2 other clothing products, the Victorian Street, and the extra texture sets too. I will also probable get the Ebenezer model too as models with that unique a slant to their look is worth the money.  Other likely buys are the "Ghosts of Christmas ..." clothing sets. I couldn't afford all that today though.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited November 2021

tsroemi said:

I like the night shirt outfit, too, the cap especially; also the greatcoat outfit although @mwokee is probably right and I could create same coat with what I have already. Still, with dForce things always work better for me if they are meant to be used together instead of kitbashed.

I also adore the bedroom, despite the doors all being non-opening; it looks truly Victorian to me, all that cluster and color and ornaments. Lovely! The rest, I don't really have much need for, although I might get Ebenezer at a later date.

I really like the general idea, much more than just another Bikini / Fantasy / Viking / SiFi bundle. But prices are too high for me to just buy any of the bundles for the sake of the idea.

I love Polish's things and I loved that bedroom, but a better bedroom for Scrooge I feel is this one. It just screamed Scrooge to me first time I saw it :) Spartan and miserly...has the bed curtains...

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

tsroemi said:

Do the doors really not open? Important for part of the Christmas Carol story, I would think. Also odd there is no Jacob ghost. (Also expensive)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

James_H said:

tsroemi said:

Do the doors really not open? Important for part of the Christmas Carol story, I would think. Also odd there is no Jacob ghost. (Also expensive)

Yes, and we need an outfit with the binding around the jaw and chains...lol. Although, I guess the Le Roi outfit or the dforce Victorian outfit with Sickleyield's Shackles might do ;) 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited November 2021

Yes, the NOT open door is a Poooh. But Ebenezer is a Loooooove!!!

Ebenezer 1.jpg
    1280 x 1920 - 970K
    Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • The bed is a joy.

I have wanted to make a 4 poster for our bedroom at home. I have two possible styles in mind, a Chippendale or a Victorian type. In my mind, I'd prefer a Chippendale bed similar to the one in Chippendale's book 'The Gentleman and Cabinet Maker's Director' from 1754 AD, with a copy of the one from Dumfries House being my preferred shape. However while I am an adequate carver, I am not top flight, and Chipendale style needs you to be good. Very, very good. That means a Victorian bed is probably what I'm going to have to make. The problem is that all the Victorian reference material for designing my own is all a bit heavy. This bed, however, is much lighter in style than many and looks like large areas could be adapted for making with a router, reducing the carving required enormously. I do think I could make that design out of timber.

Most impressed. 

Regards,

Richard

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I would have bought the bundle but the mens clothing particularly the pants and sleeves are horrible and look like the usual dforce tubes. That and the one picture https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-victorian-gentleman-outfit-textures with the person sitting and the horrible crotch distortion just shows you what the product will stretch and look odd in the groin region.

I realize some love dForce but these outfits just don't have enough detail for me.

AllenArt said:

tsroemi said:

I love Polish's things and I loved that bedroom, but a better bedroom for Scrooge I feel is this one. It just screamed Scrooge to me first time I saw it :) Spartan and miserly...has the bed curtains...

I have that bedroom, it's really beautiful! Got it in one of the PC+ sales lately.

Lothar Weber said:

Yes, the NOT open door is a Poooh. But Ebenezer is a Loooooove!!!

That is such a gorgeous render, thanks for sharing! And unfortunately you seem to be absolutely right and Ebenezer is a great character. Now will have to make room for him on the WL as I'm only allowing myself one page atm ... 

• AllenArt said:

James_H said:

tsroemi said:

Yes, and we need an outfit with the binding around the jaw and chains...lol. Although, I guess the Le Roi outfit or the dforce Victorian outfit with Sickleyield's Shackles might do ;) 

If you're up for some kitbashing, several props from this old set might be pressed into service.  Obviously you would need to parent them rather than autofit, since it's M3.

https://www.daz3d.com/jacob-marley-for-m3

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I ended up purchasing the bundle because in the long run it was only a few dollars difference to buy the assets individually.  I will see what I can come up with later for a render.

*Don't forget to check your messages for other banners that don't show up at the top*

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

Serene Night said:

I would have bought the bundle but the mens clothing particularly the pants and sleeves are horrible and look like the usual dforce tubes. That and the one picture https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-victorian-gentleman-outfit-textures with the person sitting and the horrible crotch distortion just shows you what the product will stretch and look odd in the groin region.

I realize some love dForce but these outfits just don't have enough detail for me.

Daz Forum - Phrase of The Year 2021

"crotch distortion"

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2021

I really like Ebenezer!  His details are great I think.  I not completely happy with the Timeless Carol outfit.  I had planned to use the shirt and vest but it is not dforce only the coat....

Only adjust is some exposure and contrast.

EbeneezerTM112021.jpg
    1708 x 1358 - 964K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • sidsid Posts: 392

I though Daz did a good job with the base promo images this time around (for Ebenezer).

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited November 2021

I love the Old Victorian Street, except for all street lights being a single object, so it is remove all or none. I especially love the night settings with all the lights inside the houses. It is perfect.

Automaton Konstable 311 responding!

Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

mwokee said:

The Victorian pajamas are new, virtually everything else can be created with existing products if you already own them. Also, it appears the promo images include items not offered in the bundle. I could be wrong on that, stopped looking at it in detail because of the price, not worth it to purchase items where I already own equivalents. I put the PJ's in the wishlist. If you're going to create a bundle like this, you need to include Scrooge's old partner as a ghost character with chains. The one bundle includes "dForce Winter Splendor Outfit Texture Add-On" which requires a product not in the bundle and therefore worthless. The promo images look great but look at the details O Buyer, purchasing this may leave you with a feeling of having digested a bit of spoiled beef.

I agree. Seems expensive for what it is.

Scrooge does look good though, and I'm also agreeing on the PJs - wishlisted em.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606

I bought skimpwear today. Ain't gonna lie.

Ebenezer looks good, but not really my thing. I don't really do Daz in the Victorian/Steampunk (i.e. just add gears) space. I think there are good pieces, and more formalwear is nice... but, again, I don't do Victorian/Victorian+Gears.

I'll buy stuff to support good work in general... but at $80.27 for the mega bundle (after my particular discounts), that's the equivalent of a lot of skimpwear, let me tell ya.

I passed on this bundle. I'm actually a HUGE fan of Steampunk, but most of this stuff I already have similar versions of.

I guess there MIGHT BE a female version of this. I might be interested in getting something like that.

P.S. that would be a lot of skimpwear missed out on, you're right.

watchdog79 said:

I love the Old Victorian Street, except for all street lights being a single object, so it is remove all or none. I especially love the night settings with all the lights inside the houses. It is perfect.

Automaton Konstable 311 responding!

I like your render, and the street seems nice enough, but it doesn't look Victorian at all to me - rather Tudor-y or something like that, with a bow window attached here and there. For once, most of the windows should be sash windows already, with larger panes, and there would be a lot more rendering and bricks and stone-cladding on the housefronts, not all this old-timey daub and wattle. For Victorian times, the Old Shambles set is much more fitting if you disable the fairy lights. But for what it is it's pretty I guess.  

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2021

Turns out the sale on the Mega Bundle seems to have ended a day early - no 20% off, no $60 free DAZ Originals any more.

I guess one could spend, like, $200 up front and theny pray that DAZ will refund to overpayment 2-3 weeks from now.

But I dunno, no one is paying me to run QA on this embarrassing webshop.

Post edited by Barubary on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

IIRC the mega bundle was supposed to be available until the 29th. 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

Try the Scrooge on the Cheap thread for a couple of ideas instead of the bundle.