where to find pdf instructions

Hi sometimes products need explanations but where to find pdf instructions on any product? thanks for the help

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,213

Most products (since Genesis) have a ReadMe page with all the pertinent info, indexed here, sometimes with a user guide/instruction manual download, or maybe a link to an off-site web version. They are also sometimes included in the package itself, sometimes with a script to open it, but often not. Those you will have to track those down yourself based on the file list. There is no "standard" to speak of, so YMMV...

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,177

thanks thats what i was looking for,

skew 27826 comes up with nothing, is that because it is too old?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361

They are having problems witht the readme pages atm

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,213

vshyman002_5e5365036b said:

thanks thats what i was looking for,

skew 27826 comes up with nothing, is that because it is too old?

The RuntimeDNA products that were taken over by DAZ are, for the most part, not documented, unfortunately, and are unlikely to ever be. Maybe the package has something in the internal readme.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,177

how do i find internal readme, does anyone know how to write to runtimedna-it wouldnt let me send a note? thanks

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    edited November 2021

Typically the internal readme would be found in your content library in a folder called "ReadMe's" - the ones I have are in subfolders named  by the product name. (I don't have Ball and Chain so can't say exactly how it is named or what it will contain.)

They are not accessible from inside Daz Studio, you need to use a file browser to find that location on your computer and they will be a simple .txt file.

[Editted to add more info]

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

frank0314 said:

They are having problems witht the readme pages atm

No problems here. 

• MelanieL said:

Typically the internal readme would be found in your content library in a folder called "ReadMe's" - the ones I have are in subfolders named  by the product name. (I don't have Ball and Chain so can't say exactly how it is named or what it will contain.)

They are not accessible from inside Daz Studio, you need to use a file browser to find that location on your computer and they will be a simple .txt file.

[Editted to add more info]

That used to be so (and many older products have them set that way). But for newer products, we have been asked by Daz testers to save our PDF read me's either in the Data folder or the texture folder for each product (that ensues that users do not move them around if a script has been set up to spawn the readme).