ball and chain by runtimedna

this set lets you pose the chain but i cant figure out how, cant find the readme and it wont let me correspond with the artist, can anyone help me out with how this chain can be posed? thank you

Comments

• This https://www.daz3d.com/ball-and-chain ? I do't have it, but it says it uses EZpose so if you sekect a link bone (in the Scene pane or by clicking on it in the Viewport) theer shold be a set of cotnrols that will cause all of the subsequent links to move - usually BendAft, Side to Side Aft, and twist Aft at least but often there will also be S bend options and others. To use it one wold work along the chain from root to end, posing the following sections a needed to get the desired effect.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,156

thanks Richard Ill try, can you also let me know how i can put smile on g8m or open the mouth, thanks again

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

With G8M selected in the scene, Parameters tab -> Pose Controls -> Head -> Mouth. These are basic morphs and expressions included in Starter Essentials.

thanks Northof45

I dont have those sliders selecting what North told me too, also other issue, when i click facial expressions i bought from a set the expression on g8 does not change the face

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

Is your figure G8 or G8.1?

ive been using 8.1 g8m

• vshyman002_5e5365036b said:

ive been using 8.1 g8m

the it is, I think, Jaw open not mouth open.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

The base G8 expression have been disabled for G8.1 by default, which also means any and all G8 expressions that are using those base expressions, do not work inspite of the expression dial appearing on the G8.1

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

These dummy/placeholder files are reinstalled every time the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials is reinstalled/updated.

thank you, I decided it is easier just to use g8m and not g8.1m but where are the face controls for g8? also cannot find any face or mouth controls for genesis male g2m g3m  the only figure i can find ifnd mouth open and smile is g8f